Search results

1. D

Servicing a SONY DAT machine (Pictorial)

Here you go (Not tested): Changes are: Added J1 jumper on the power rail that can be used to add a power switch Optical receiver module is replaced with TORX178B https://www.ebay.com/itm/166006053943 Optical transmit module is replaced with TOTX178A https://www.ebay.com/itm/166006053607...
  2. D

I think you can't record 44.1k signals on this unit. Try from a PC with a 48k signal.
  3. D

Thanks hdrobien, i didn't know that! So i will go for 7mm for all my decks!
  4. D

Hi hdrobien! Yes i know i can adjust on DTC-1000ES/300ES/55ES/75ES through the rotary encoder, but i also have a DTC-60ES and i think it was smaller... Also i don't remember to be adjustable on this model. I guess i have to open it and check to be sure...
  5. D

Hi all! I want to order some pinch rollers for my decs. Can someone confirm: DTC-55ES / 75ES / 300ES / 1000ES / 700 is using 7mm diameter pinch roller? And DTC-60ES is using 6mm diameter pinch roller?? Thanks!
  6. D

Yes i have a RM-D55A R/C. Need to find a non destructive way to open it, then i would like to find a way to capture the signal of the hidden button (with an arduino maybe). The guides are already adjusted but maybe not this way (i start with T1, then go to S1). I will try again as per your...
  7. D

Good morning! Video starts with ATF on At 0:08 i switch it off, at 0:15 the deck turn off by itself the output (relay kick in) At 0:25 i turn on the ATF again and output come back immediately. Αat 0:33 i turn off again the ATF, output is turned off at 0:36 Αt 0:46 i turn again on the ATF and...
  8. D

Re my issue are you able to watch the video? I'm thinking to do a last test... swap the heads between my 55es and 75es. If the problem follows the head then i have a weak head and there is nothing more i can do. If the problem follow the transport, then it's alignment issue. What do you think...
  9. D

But it does it only in AMS -->| (next track) for some reason... AMS |<-- (prev track), FF and REW was unaffected, even with the head disconnected from the board.
  10. D

Does it read the ABS time from the tape when in this mode? I manage to *somehow* reproduce your problem yesterday when i was trying to fix mine. I say somehow because it did it only in AMS -->| mode (next track). Not in FF or REW. In my case i forget to connect the head output cable to the...
  11. D

Please check again now. I set it as "unlisted" (anyone with video link can see this video as per YT).
  12. D

Hi @hdrobien, This video is with a good condition tape (don't know if recorded with an aligned deck or not) , Test mode on, offset set to 0 (timer set to off), playback x1 speed. Look what happened when i turn on and off the ATF switch. With ATF off it's impossible to align, signal goes up and...
  13. D

Hi @hdrobien Mine doesn't do that... When i turn off the ATF, the RF signal progressively is getting lower and lower, to the point that the deck can't keep up and mute the output... (about 4 -5 seconds from the moment that i will turn off the ATF) But the RF envelope is still fine, only lower...
  14. D

Hi @hdrobien, i have a question. With the deck in test mode, should i hear sound when playing the tape at x1.5 speed (AMS -->| ) ? Also should i hear sound with ATF set to off (Rec mode set to std) ? I have a tape that i know the first few minutes are bad (head B showing much lower signal than...
  15. D

I know but he didn't touch it in his video, that's why i mention it. Maybe he thought that the spring keeps back the whole gear?? Can't be anything else. This or the rotary encoder is misaligned or dirty.
  16. D

Hi I just notice from your video that you showing that the big black gear is moving freely on it's guides, but did you check if the silver hook can move against the black gear? I think there is your problem. The old grease stick the hook with the gear. I use a bottle of degreaser spray to...
  17. D

Thanks a lot! Take your time, we are not in rush. It's just a hobby after all!
  18. D

Perfect! 35min i think is ok! Please send me the total cost via pm (tape + shipping to Greece+ your work) and your paypal address in order to send you the money! Really appreciate your help! Thanks
  19. D

Wow! nice collection there! :p:p Can you make for me a tape from your trusty deck? I can send you an empty tape from Greece or you send me one of yours and send you the money via paypal. Thanks.
  20. D

Thanks hdrobien, This is also what i thought! By the way do you (or anyone else) have the original test tapes thus a perfect calibrated deck? i wondering if someone can make for me a tape from a perfect calibrated deck in order to use it as a reference to calibrate mine.
  21. D

Good day! Tried yesterday with superglue. Unfortunately the glue doesn't really stick with brass and aluminum... Need to find something else. And of course the deck need alignment, and i don't have a trusty tape... Re the pins height, do you think are ok? I think S1 need to go a little...
  22. D

Hi hdrobien, Nice to see you again! I was hopping for some kind of glue to be honest. Your solution should be fine, but because i don't have your experience i worry that i will do some damage to the guides, then it's game over for the deck... (the only parts that are still available / clones...
  23. D

Hi friends! New acquisition here: I recently get a nice looking DTC-75ES.:jump: Its the same as 55ES but this is the US version with 120AC input. While i was cleaning the mechanism, i notice that S1 and T1 guides are loose (the brass part from the aluminum base) and the 2x small pins that...
  24. D

Can't help more I'm afraid. The correct behavior is that the blue fade segment is on all the time and when you press the fader button a red segment start flashing for about 4 seconds, while the machine fade in or fade out. It's not normal, but it's a minor issue.
  25. D

Hi hdrobien, Sorry for the late reply. I found the problem with the FF & REW. The pads was dirty and sticky. I remove the T shape bracket and clean the pads with some soap and let them dry. Now working perfectly. Only job left is to find a pre-recorded tape to check the head alignment.
Back
Top Bottom