Search results

1. bikingbuddha

Can an Amplifier make this huge difference in sound?

Thank you everybody for all your valued replies.
  2. bikingbuddha

The SIZE of those capacitors, WOW!,
  3. bikingbuddha

This could be a stupid question and a discussion and I am absolutely NO expert in this. Still I thought of asking this out in the Audiokarma so I can hear other peoples opinion on this matter. Over the past couple of years I have listened and owned various brands of amplifiers and speakers...
  4. bikingbuddha

Yamaha A-400 (A-402) and 4 Ohm speakers

Thanks for the reply. I think i mistakenly read the 4 ohm part as if the amp is capable of running it. No worries, I have it hooked up to a Wharfedale Rubiance RB21AC speakers, they sounds pretty good with Yamaha. They are 8 ohms.
  5. bikingbuddha

Yamaha A-400 (A-402) and 4 Ohm speakers

Today I bought a Yamaha A-400 amplifier after a long search. I missed my old A-500. It is actually a 100V Yamaha A-402. At the back of it says it can handle 8 to 16 ohms. Will a 4 Ohm speaker will under perform on this amplifier? https://hifi-wiki.com/index.php/Yamaha_A-400 This website states...
  6. bikingbuddha

Yamaha A-3 amplifier channels cutting out

Thank you so much
  7. bikingbuddha

Thanks, i will look in to this
  8. bikingbuddha

No, i cannot find them online.
  9. bikingbuddha

I got this Yamaha A-3 amplifier couple of months back. It has this issue of channels cutting out randomly. Here's what I have done, * Clean all the pots using contact cleaner * Checked the RCA cables and replaced them with newer ones * Checked the step down transformer for its output of 100V *...
  10. bikingbuddha

Can you identify this amp?

Any idea folks?
  11. bikingbuddha

Can you identify this amp?

I got this class -D amp with tripath 2022 IC. I think it has a big toroidal power transformer inside. I couldn't find much info of the make or model online even with the image search. It sounds fine on my wharfedale rubiance 21ac speakers but sounds harsh with jbl lx44g. (Compared to yamaha...
  12. bikingbuddha

Burning a compilation audio CD (ancient stuff)

No worries. thanks for all the input!
  13. bikingbuddha

Damn, why didn't i try it, i am using it already lol!
  14. bikingbuddha

Ordering hifiman headphones from aliexpress

Just a quick question folks!!! is it safe to order hifiman headphones from aliexpress?, i am worried if i order something totally bogus! but its cheaper for me to buy from it than anywhere else.
  15. bikingbuddha

I tried... slowest i could go is 16x
  16. bikingbuddha

I did burned using Nero and its normalization feature do cause those noises in the track. I felt like it overdrives certain tracks.
  17. bikingbuddha

Yamaha A-3 Repair Thread

Here is an update to my problem, The problem came back and it wasn't the RCA, still searching for the cause.
  18. bikingbuddha

Schiit Magni 3 VS Asgard 2

I've been using Asgard 2 for more than a year with my HD6XX and I absolutely adore it. I could listen to it for hours and no fatigue at all. About a week back i took to my friend who is a speaker user (not a headphone user) and let him hear it on his Tannoy 15 Inch gold monitors hooked to a...
  19. bikingbuddha

Gabor Szabo's Dreams album Vinyl and CD.

These are systems I listened to this album and so the huge night and day difference. SMSL M100 MKII DAC --> SCHIIT ASGARD 2 ---> HD6XX (Source is notebook USB + Foobar + Asio with the rips) 2nd System SMSL M100 MKII DAC --> Vintage Yamaha A-3 --> JBL LX44G (Alternatively ~ Wharfedale Rubiance...
  20. bikingbuddha

I am listening to Dreams again! love the artwork on its front cover too. Definitely the vinyl rip!
  21. bikingbuddha

While I hanging around at Youtube, i stumbled upon this wonderful album called "Dreams" by a hungarian artist called "Gabor Szabo". After a long search I found its CD and listened to it. It was alright, then I downloaded a Vinyl RIP from somewhere on the internet. I was like blewn away with how...
  22. bikingbuddha

Thanks for everybody's helpful replies. I used Burrrn and used the album adjustment and it worked. One track was little less loud but that track is usually super quiet, everything else worked perfectly well.
  23. bikingbuddha

I got this, very difficult to get it run on the Windows 10. But somehow i managed to run it. How should I achieve what I am trying to do? Should I select album gain?
  24. bikingbuddha

Can Audacity burn CD's? Maybe i should look for a step by step guide.
  25. bikingbuddha

I know this could be a question asked over a million times, but I still decided on asking it on AK because I want to know your recommendation. Burning audio cd's is so old school, I know and folks of new generation may never even heard of it. (LOL), here's my question. I have some hand selected...
Back
Top Bottom