Search results

1. bikingbuddha

Yamaha A-3 amplifier channels cutting out

I got this Yamaha A-3 amplifier couple of months back. It has this issue of channels cutting out randomly. Here's what I have done, * Clean all the pots using contact cleaner * Checked the RCA cables and replaced them with newer ones * Checked the step down transformer for its output of 100V *...
  2. bikingbuddha

Can you identify this amp?

I got this class -D amp with tripath 2022 IC. I think it has a big toroidal power transformer inside. I couldn't find much info of the make or model online even with the image search. It sounds fine on my wharfedale rubiance 21ac speakers but sounds harsh with jbl lx44g. (Compared to yamaha...
  3. bikingbuddha

Ordering hifiman headphones from aliexpress

Just a quick question folks!!! is it safe to order hifiman headphones from aliexpress?, i am worried if i order something totally bogus! but its cheaper for me to buy from it than anywhere else.
  4. bikingbuddha

Schiit Magni 3 VS Asgard 2

I've been using Asgard 2 for more than a year with my HD6XX and I absolutely adore it. I could listen to it for hours and no fatigue at all. About a week back i took to my friend who is a speaker user (not a headphone user) and let him hear it on his Tannoy 15 Inch gold monitors hooked to a...
  5. bikingbuddha

Gabor Szabo's Dreams album Vinyl and CD.

While I hanging around at Youtube, i stumbled upon this wonderful album called "Dreams" by a hungarian artist called "Gabor Szabo". After a long search I found its CD and listened to it. It was alright, then I downloaded a Vinyl RIP from somewhere on the internet. I was like blewn away with how...
  6. bikingbuddha

Burning a compilation audio CD (ancient stuff)

I know this could be a question asked over a million times, but I still decided on asking it on AK because I want to know your recommendation. Burning audio cd's is so old school, I know and folks of new generation may never even heard of it. (LOL), here's my question. I have some hand selected...
  7. bikingbuddha

Will I gain any sonic advantage?

My friend is selling a Parasound HC800 II power amplifier. Currently my main listening set up which consist of "JBL LX44G " is powered by a Pioneer A-D5A stereo amplifier. If I switch to Parasound HC800 II with a Schiit Asgard 2 as the preamp, will i gain a sonic advantage? What are your...
  8. bikingbuddha

JBL LX44G right speaker polarity is incorrect!

About a month back I bought a pair of second hand JBL LX44G speakers, they did sound good but for some reason felt that bass isn't right. Today i thought i'd check the polarity of the speakers, so I grabbed a 1.5V battery and checked. One speaker, the woofer moves correctly when i connect...
  9. bikingbuddha

Wharfedale Rubiance RB-21AC

My friend dropped a pair of these (No protective grills), He probably got them from some record studio or something. I hooked it up to the Sansui AU-D607F, nah not good, hooked it up the Pioneer A-D5A, Duh! all mushy and no top end at all. Then hooked it up to the Yamaha A-3, DAMN! believe me...
  10. bikingbuddha

Sansui au-d607f and wattage question!

I was just wondering how many watts it could deliver at 4 ohms. I couldn't find any info regarding it, tried digging around. Still big nope!
  11. bikingbuddha

Yamaha a-3 stereo amplifier volume pot!

Yesterday i bought a yamaha a-3 vintage amplifier. Unfortunately it is missing the original volume pot. I can't find a service manual to figure out the exact potentiometer that fits. Can someone help me?
  12. bikingbuddha

Which service manual matches sansui au-607f?

Can't find it... Anything else that matches it?
  13. bikingbuddha

Thinking of buying a new amp

I am currently driving my reference 3a mm gen ii speakers with a pioneer a-d5a stereo amplifier. I thought of changing it to a brand new amplifier like those new topping pa3s since the pioneer is ageing hardware now. Do you think this is a good choice? Will it make the sound worse or better?
  14. bikingbuddha

Polarity of chi-fi iems! (TRN EMA)

I just got my hands on a pair of TRN EMA flathead earphones. When i was searching then internet i stumbled upon this image on a chinese website. Everything there was written in chinese and hard to make sense after translation. Can this marking of polarity be correct? Does earphones get effected...
  15. bikingbuddha

Denon SC-M37 Bookshelf speaker question!

Above image is from the internet. I just added to show the exact model I have. Today i bought a pair of these speakers out of curiosity. These are the specs from the manual Type: 2-way · 2-speakers Low-leakage-flux, Reflex box Frequency range: 45 Hz ~ 40 kHz Input impedance: 6 Ω/ohms Max...
  16. bikingbuddha

Confusin about speaker brands (Ditton & Celestion)

Alright my friends I am confused about the DITTON speaker brand. I know they are the folks behind infamous Ditton Celestion 66. Then there are so many other speakers named DITTON with red letters mostly made in china and sounds not good at all. Also there are speakers saying "CELESTION" made in...
  17. bikingbuddha

6N3 and 6C3 tubes...! are they same?

I came across an unbranded 6C3 tube amplifier. I was just wondering if 6C3 tube and 6N3 tube is same...!
  18. bikingbuddha

Can you identify this amp?

Im having a hard time trying to identify brand or the model of this amp. Images were sent to me by the owner but he doesn't know what it is. From the looks of it, it seems like a mono tube amp from early 50's.
  19. bikingbuddha

What is this speaker?

My friend said it is pioneer , vintage pioneer and has four drivers in each box. There are no identification except the logo on mesh. Mesh is not removable.
  20. bikingbuddha

Correct way to place tweeters of the speakers...!

Should they be inverds like above or should they be outward like below? I usually place them outward, thinking it could give a wider sounstage.
  21. bikingbuddha

I was digging around for a pair of JVC Wood cone speakers and then i found this!

I've been looking around for a JVC Wood cone speakers in the local market for a while, I couldn't find them, Once i found a pair and it was too expensive for my budget. Then i came across this model looks much similar to the size of JVC woodcone, looks like the woodcone speaker cabinet too. The...
  22. bikingbuddha

Musicbee - resampling everything to 96000HZ question!

I have a little issue which can be troubleshoot with a simple step of turning on the resample option to 96000HZ in musicbee. Problem is that FX-AUDIO DAC-X6 somehow does not playback anything above that sample rate via USB (connected to pc). When i do this, i understand it playback stuff above...
  23. bikingbuddha

What is this socket?

What is this socket? Amp model name is GOODMANS MODEL 90
  24. bikingbuddha

Schiit Asgard 2 and Power issue

After so many years of searching, i finally got a schiit asgard, said sayonara to all my little dot stuff. Sounds amazing, perfecet with HD6XX. It says 115V at the back ( I don't knw why because afaik usa = 120V) so i hooked it up to a stepdown 110V (our voltage is 230). It worked nicely in the...
  25. bikingbuddha

Aurex SC-335 (I believe this is toshiba)

One of our folks from the audio circle is selling one for a considerbly cheap price because the lack of use. Beautiful piece of unit and I don't have a power amp, i only have integrateds with me. I am giving a thought on buying it off of him since it makes a nice display with all that beautiful...
Back
Top Bottom