Search results

1. jd-audio

Sansui A-40. It doesn't play the right speaker only when I use the D-90 Sansui tape.

Yes, for me cleaning switches usually solves 90% of issues like this :thumbsup: Have fun -John-
  2. jd-audio

Sansui 5000x Tons of issues

I had a 5000x from ca. 1980 until 1994 as my main stereo system, so not new but not vintage-old as it would be nowadays. The double knobs behaved exactly as you describe: Inner tone knobs were difficult to move, inner mic knob was more easily to move. Probably was intended this way (the 1000x I...
  3. jd-audio

My most important Sansui acquisition yet?

The Sansui dust cloth was/is not intended for lp/vinyl cleaning and was packed with a lot of Sansui items, and therefore not unique to the TT's. Have fun -John-
  4. jd-audio

Bent my JICO SAS stylus... Grrr... Options now?

If you are going the new cartridge route, the AUDIO-TECHNICA VM540ML comes in to mind within the given budget. Have fun -John-
  5. jd-audio

Who can identify this stylus ?

Yes, absolutely looks like a stylus for the M95. EDIT - :oops: I am mistaken about this, see posts from @malden. Next time I will use my glasses while using AK ;) Have fun -John-
  6. jd-audio

RA-500...doing a refurb...reverb springs & foam?

The "spring box" looks fine to me. The foam probably will disintegrate by touch (as most old foam), but I would not worry about it (and don't touch it ;)). In my opinion it is best to leave the "spring box" alone if it is working correctly, as it is easy to damage things (e.g., the thin leads)...
  7. jd-audio

Sansui heatsinks are cool…

And receiver 6060 At least the one I have, there are to 2 versions 6060 out there, one with the "X-wing" heat sink (black), one without. Thank you @JimEGR for leading us to a whole different path.. Sansui meets Star Wars AND Battlestar Galactica Have fun -John-
  8. jd-audio

Sansui still in the picture

Imagine a sunny and serene Thursday morning in April 2023, reading a local newspaper while having a light breakfast. Then turning a page and a large picture containing the Sansui logo staring you in the face... Turns out this is a 69-year-old long-time fan of a local soccer club, recently...
  9. jd-audio

Sansui 4000 wood case question

Yes it does. Maybe the receiver is not fully slided in to the front of the wood case? Here are some pictures of the rear side of different era Sansui receivers to compare. Note that not all of these receivers were available without wood case, but especially the 3th picture of a 1000x looks...
  10. jd-audio

Sansui 4000 wood case question

It is my understanding that the Sansui items factory delivered in an original wood case, did not have the steel cover (in my country at least, but this could be different depending on the distributors/importers back in the day). FYI: Non of the few recievers with original wood case (from that...
  11. jd-audio

Recommended 60's-70's manual TT <$300?

To add another brand that fits the OP requirements: Sansui SR-212 (belt drive), early 70-ies Sansui SR-222 (belt drive) or Sansui SR-525 (DD), both mid 70-ies. Sansui SR-222 Mk2 (belt drive), late 70-ies In my experience these are all reliable, reasonable priced TT's (if available in your...
  12. jd-audio

Sansui AU317/217/117 "Less is more"

These 2 old posts can be of interest to you: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/vintage-rack-mount-tuners.915002/page-2#post-13892456 https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-ra-900-reverb.483854/#post-6265794 There is a lot of information on AK about the Sansui...
  13. jd-audio

No problem, I am happy to share. Racks from left to right: GX-5 rack with Garrard Zero 100 on top (sorry for that..): TU-717 + AU-517 + SE-7 Dutch market rack (lower version with glass door) with SR-525 on top: TU-217 + AU-217 + AX-7 + SC-5330 Dutch market rack (higher version) with SR-222II...
  14. jd-audio

I actually do know where a few of them went to.. ;) Have fun -John-
  15. jd-audio

I am thinking of the following scenario: Most of them were probably never used as only few owners would have had an original Sansui rack. As the handles were packed as lose items in the amp's box, they probably would have stayed in the box, spend years in storage that way and in the end were...
  16. jd-audio

This is The Sansui Sound - LP

Actually, I don't know.. :idea: As most people I could ask are now no longer with us or out of my sight, I looked up some company brochures and see not a single reference to the Belgium market; on the contrary, all information seems aimed to the Dutch market only. So, I think the Belgium market...
  17. jd-audio

Coincidentally, I just found a local add for another Dutch Sansui LP, now with a Dutch title that translates: "Welcome to Sansui's wonderful world of sounds" Again a gatefold sleeve with internal text similar to the other LP. This one (pictured) seems to be from 1972 and therefore earlier to...
  18. jd-audio

I do not want to reduce your enthusiasm (that I value greatly), but knowing a bit of how the Dutch distributor worked in their “golden years” (1975-1982) I feel safe to say that the track list probably reflects the personal interest of 2-3 decision makers (with none or at best one “audiophile”...
  19. jd-audio

Sansui AU-517 volume insanely loud?

I used to use the versatile Sansui AX-7 "audio mixer" to bypass this problem. Also looks great together with the AU-517. Have fun -John-
  20. jd-audio

@JimEGR I can help out with the following: This LP was unique to the Dutch Sansui distributor. The inside of the fold sleeve showed tips “How to get the best out of your stereo system”. Translated the following items were addressed: Check your turntable: The correct needle pressure / Needle...
  21. jd-audio

Sansui au717 or au7900

After I read your initial post, I assumed this would this would be the first answer/advice you would get (knowing our fellow AK-ers) ;) Bot no, not this time. Maybe we all assumed you would buy both anyway.. I am glad this worked out this way for you :thumbsup: Have fun -John-
  22. jd-audio

Dead B-2102

Nice amp (I have the very similar B2101 that I like very much). I hope you get it in back in working order. I also do hope it will not get damaged in shipping: It is not very robustly build for such a heavy amp. Have fun -John-
  23. jd-audio

Sansui 5000x... what's your opinion?

There is a lot of AK (technical) info on this as @kwayde so kindly listed for you. I can share my experience, as I had a 5000x during ca.1978-1995 and used it intensively: It served me well during my "wild" teenager years. It took all I threw at it, drove all kind of speakers, mostly LOUD...
  24. jd-audio

Is the supply of vintage Sansui drying up?

Avialability seems to depend on your local market. To add to @GrisPato his information: I feel that on the Dutch market at this moment there is a relatively large quantity Sansui equipment for sale (I am actively keeping an eye on this market for the last 15 years now, and yes it comes in...
  25. jd-audio

Stroopwafels and an AU-101

Nice amp, nice box, nice postcard and nice Stroopwafels :) It seems the box was used to store family paperwork, so the translation of the Dutch writing is not surprising: “amplifier Sansui”, “to the attic”, “school diploma/certificates”, “stamps + first day issued stamps/covers”, “pocket...
Back
Top Bottom