Search results

1. Cadillac89

What do you recommend?

Flip the LOUDNESS switch to on? :dunno: I would honestly try finding a better receiver though; I also had an SX-650 I gave away and is now hooked up to 100 watt JVC speakers and the sound is just OK. Records aren't bad and the p-arm cartridge on the mid-80s Pioneer was replaced a few years ago...
  2. Cadillac89

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Yes he's quite a tame Spanish Timbrado and he loved his music.. should call him Nipper!
  3. Cadillac89

Changed equipment due to questions of proper speed.
  4. Cadillac89

LP from 1949 in decent shape.
  5. Cadillac89

On my Dual 1229 I am listening to Chaliapin sing "The Song of the Volga Boatmen" on an original 78, RCA Victor Canadian pressing 14901 cut in Tokyo in 1936. Not my video but here is a very similar recording being played on era-appropriate equipment: Mine has him with a fuller orchestra which...
  6. Cadillac89

i want another cartridge..(apart from my technics 207c)

For my uses on a mid-range Pioneer PL-115D the Ortofon OM10 was quite an improvement over what was on there before. Given that the OM40 is both part of the same series and the top of the line of that series I don't think it is strange of me to direct someone to consider the high end product of...
  7. Cadillac89

I just got a Pioneer SX-1050 it needs help!

$$$. The time to have got one at least in my case would have been about 10 years ago when I was seeing them for less than $1000, which was a lot for me but had I saved I'd have managed to get one. Instead I saved a bit less and bought an SX-1050 which I believe came to $300-400 with shipping. It...
  8. Cadillac89

I just got a Pioneer SX-1050 it needs help!

Not sure but good buy; I love mine! Kind of wish I had bought a 1080 or maybe even a 1280 though.
  9. Cadillac89

Any way to fix this cheap Crosley turntable?

Lol. Again he can get a Numark TTX for essentially the same price.
  10. Cadillac89

Any way to fix this cheap Crosley turntable?

In all honestly you both have come to exatly the right site and were given the right advice. I have two Crosleys sitting on top of my fridge that were both given to me though I have not used them and doubt I will. This video will show you why. Probably the best move as you can't polish a turd...
  11. Cadillac89

Underrated turntables....Share Your Knowledge !!!!!

Cool deck 4-2-7! I once owned Sony's equivalent of that deck from 1986. Unfortunately when I was given it, it never worked and I was stupid then and just got rid of it. At any rate it may not have been easy to have had repaired but was certainly a rare turntable. I still have the top of the line...
  12. Cadillac89

If you care to take notice I was actually recommending the Ortofon Super OM40, given what appears to be the OP's budget. I only said I have an OM10.
  13. Cadillac89

Turntable Recommendation

Garage-A-Records has "retired" and is apparently replaced by turntableneedles.com. I ordered my extra wide 78 stylus from Garage-A-Records years ago and thought their prices were excellent. Not sure how related these two sites are though it doesn't seem like then new one carries the...
  14. Cadillac89

Ortofon S-15T Cartridge from ~1967. Worth re-tipping?

Afraid not. Honestly I when I first replied to this post I assumed you simply meant replacing the stylus though I came to realize re-tipping is far more involved.
  15. Cadillac89

I quite like my Ortofon OM10 cartridge. Their top of the line in this series is the OM40 which is 310 Euro. https://www.thakker.eu/en/pickup/ortofon-super-om-40-cartridge/a-5114/ or http://www.turntableneedles.com/Ortofon-Super-OM-40-Phono-Cartridge-_p_2996.html
  16. Cadillac89

Ortofon S-15T Cartridge from ~1967. Worth re-tipping?

Depends on the cost and the reputation of the person doing it I suppose. Seems like it would be a cartridge worth having but you never know with a re-tip job.
Back
Top Bottom