Search results

1. kkib

400cx-2 Remote Control ?

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I was looking for.
  2. kkib

400cx-2 Remote Control ?

I bought a motorized stereo ALPS pot (100K) with remote control to mimic the function of RK-1. I am not sure how this should be wired to the 9-pin socket in the back. Does anyone have any schematic for the RK-1?
  3. kkib

Fisher 400CX-2 Stereo Extension pot cleaning

Hi everybody, The Stereo Extension pot on my Fisher 400CX-2 is acting strange. The left channel is leaking into the right channel. I tried cleaning it with Deoxit but that didn't seem to work. I am considering to open and try to clean it and I was hoping to hear from someone who has done this...
  4. kkib

Most Common Parts Needed For Fishers!

Does anyone have source for replacement wood cabinets for Fisher preamps?
  5. kkib

Fisher 50-C-3 schematic

I finally had a chance to replace the can capacitors and the resistors in the PS section in both preamps. I used 50/50/30/30uF 350V from CE manufacturing and 1000/1000uF 50V from Hayseed Hamfest for the can caps. I did not change the old selenium rectifiers. Both preamps sound very nice and I...
  6. kkib

Fisher 50-C-3 schematic

I have two 50-C-3s acquired several years apart and both have the same 1000uf/500uF cap.
  7. kkib

Fisher 50-C-3 schematic

Sorry to take this thread off topic (LOL) but,.... I am still looking for the correct schematic and the parts list for 50-C-3 . The one I have must be for the earlier version as it shows C2 (A) 500uF and C2(B) 500uf but the caps I have installed in the preamp are C2 (A) 1000uF and C2(B) 500uf.
  8. kkib

Fisher 50-C-3 schematic

I had never heard of 50-C-4 before. Thanks for the schematic. Both of the units have four settings and slightly little different writings. The unit with a later serial number has ORTHO added under one of the settings on the left and on the right. I snapped a picture of them together.
  9. kkib

Fisher 50-C-3 schematic

I just received a second Fisher 50-C-3. I brought it up slowly on a variac. It powers up but all I am getting is a very faint signal which does not increase when I turn the volume control. I have schematic for 50-C but I am not sure if it's the same for 50-C-3. Does anyone have a schematic...
  10. kkib

Possible 400C Update ?

That's a good looking 400CX2. MC30s in the background aren't too shabby either.;) I am still debating whether to restore mine or keep it bone stock.
  11. kkib

Fisher 50-C/70AZ

Listening mono sounds like listening through only one ear. Oh wait a minute, do I move one of the speakers in the middle? :D
  12. kkib

Fisher 50-C/70AZ

That's a really nice find BB. I picked up a 50C-3 recently myself. I really like it, but finding a second one for a stereo setup is the real challenge.
  13. kkib

Different versions of Fisher 50C

Ken and Larry, thank you both again. I am currently trying to set up a Garrard 301 with and Ortofon RMG 309. I'll try the New Ortho setting whe I have my TT up and running.
  14. kkib

Lary and Ken, thank you both. Here is a closeup picture of the relevant section on my unit: I also found the post mentioning about the RIAA circut (it was actually a post on AK): http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20545. I remember reading somewhere else that RIAA...
  15. kkib

I bought a Fisher 50C-3 recently (picture below) and I really like it. I want to get a second one, but I know it might take some time to find another one. What I really want is actually a 400XC-2 but that costs much more. I saw a 50C with a different faceplate and also heard about a version...
  16. kkib

Need help repairing an Ortofon RMG 212 tonearm

I threw away several old decks recently some of which had sme type connectors.:no: Probably I could have used a connector from one of them. I think I will be sending mine to Australia for repairs.
  17. kkib

A similar socket for SME 3009/3012 tonearms is sold on eBay. It's not cheap and I am not sure if they use the same parts.
  18. kkib

Thanks Tom. Yes, please let me know.
  19. kkib

Here is a picture: I will try to take a better one with the daylight.
  20. kkib

I just received an Ortofon RMG-212 which has a broken headshell socket. The rubber(?) piece inside the socket that holds the four spring loaded pins in place is missing and the pins are loose. Is it possible to repair this? How do I remove this socket? I know for SME tonearms there is a screw...
  21. kkib

Ortofon RMG-212 tonearm? Help!

Can you post a picture showing the counterweight section clearly. I have a RMG 309 but mine has a round base. Also, the counterweight is painted black.
  22. kkib

Anybody in Alameda, CA?

Thank you so much for offering to help. Unfortunately the listing is gone. Kudret
  23. kkib

Anybody in Alameda, CA?

I am looking for someone to pick up a tuner for me in Alameda, CA. If that's too much trouble, how about just checking out the tuner to make sure that the seller is legit. Is there anyone living close-by who would do me this favor? Kudret
  24. kkib

Can FM broadcast sound BETTER than CD????

See this one on audiogon: http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?misctunr&1170552012 :D Kudret
  25. kkib

Wooden Case...Possible To Make...

I am also interested in a wooden case for my 7C. Kudret
Back
Top Bottom