Search results

1. Ryan Scruggs

Problem with ADC Sound Shaper One Ten Mk. II

Hi, all! As you've probably guessed, I'm having a problem with my ADC Sound Shaper One Ten Mk. II. As of a few days ago, I had replaced five capacitors on the unit, and I thought that fixed my issue, but, alas, it is still giving me problems. When you turn the equalizer on, everything seems to...
  2. Ryan Scruggs

PROBLEM with Marantz SD 9000 Compudeck PK21 Board

Hi, all! I have previously posted about some issues I have been having with my Marantz SD 9000. I have replaced the notoriously bad optocouplers, and all belts and idler tires. What I neglected to notice were the burnt out resistors on the PK21 board of the machine. I purchased and replaced...
  3. Ryan Scruggs

Marantz SD 9000 Compudeck PK21 Board Question

Hi, all! I have previously posted about some issues I have been having with my Marantz SD 9000. I have replaced the notoriously bad optocouplers, and all belts and idler tires. What I neglected to notice were the burnt out resistors on the PK21 board of the machine. I purchased and replaced...
  4. Ryan Scruggs

Stylus Compatibility: Technics SL-QD22

Hi, all! I am relatively new to the hi-fi community, and I am looking for suggestions before purchasing a new stylus for my Technics SL-QD22. This turntable was my dad's when he was around my age, and had it fitted with a Shure m99e cartridge and stylus when he bought it. It has since been...
  5. Ryan Scruggs

Using Modern AV Receiver with Vintage Speakers

Hi, all! This one is for my father, who owns a pair of Pioneer CS-D9900 4-way speakers. He bought them from Walmart in the early 80s, I believe, and has been using them ever since. They sound as good as ever, by the way! The only issue is that my mother and I recently purchased him this...
  6. Ryan Scruggs

Marantz SD 9000 Compudeck Problem

Hi, all! I have recently purchased a non-functioning Marantz SD 9000 Compudeck, with the knowledge that the optocouplers would have to be replaced. After following this tutorial exactly and purchasing the optocouplers, belts, and idler tires it mentions, I am still unable to play tapes. Upon...
  7. Ryan Scruggs

Marantz SD 9000 Compudeck Problem

Hi, all! I have recently purchased a non-functioning Marantz SD 9000 Compudeck, with the knowledge that the optocouplers would have to be replaced. After following this tutorial exactly (http://www.vintagesilversmith.com/Marantz/SD9000/repair/sd9000_fix.html) and purchasing the optocouplers...
Back
Top Bottom