Search results

1. Gold Ant

Suggestions for new power amp?

My Carver PM 1.5 that i was using to power a set of Magnepan 2.7qrs died today and im in australia and there is no easy place to take it to get fixed. What are the recommendations for a high sound quality pa amp to power a set of maggies(the amp I had was 450wrms). The maggies are 6 ft tall and...
  2. Gold Ant

Carver PM 1.5 works but fan not working

I'm about to purchase one of these power amps to drive a set of magnepan 2.7qrs that I have. Im currently powering them with a pair of 100w monoblocks so I gather i dont need to worry about tripping the thermal protection if i dont listen at stupidly high volumes? Its only for use in a small...
  3. Gold Ant

SETTING UP YOUR SYSTEM FOR PLAYING LIVE CONCERT RECORDINGS?

I've read many articles about how to set up your speakers and subwoofer and all the usual things about subs being omni directional so placement is not so important but I'm still wondering about what would the optimum room setup to emulate a live concert I listen to a lot of Hillsong Christian...
  4. Gold Ant

Has anyone ever had a go at putting an electrostatic speaker kit together?

I'm considering ordering a kit that I saw from an Australian supplier -Im in Australia btw because it seems its going to be quite a bit less expensive than buying a set of Martin Logans here -people import them and put insane mark ups on them they can go for $15000 aud which is nuts! anyway I...
  5. Gold Ant

how do you clean an ancient power plug-should you replace them?

I bought a power amp the other day that is about 30 years old and ive got another one im using they are both kenwood amps and they sound great but there is a lot of old gunk on the plugs on it i tried cleaning the ends of the plugs with contact cleaner but it didn't get the corroded 'stains'...
  6. Gold Ant

just combined the kenwood power amp that i had with another I bought recently

Wow it sounds cool I never realized the difference in vocal clarity and overall detail a second amp makes so to any one else out there with a home theatre setup with another power amp lying around hook it up! it really makes a huge improvement-Id just upgraded my old power amp and not bothered...
  7. Gold Ant

HAS ANYONE HAD A SPEAKER COIL/CONE REPLACED AND DID IT WORK OUT OK

I'm wondering if its worth looking into getting the 12" driver in a jamo sub I bought used recently reconditioned when you get someone to replace the coil/cone with a new item because a new one is increadibly expensive-I got the sub at a good price but they still wanted nearly $100 more than i...
  8. Gold Ant

I READ SOMEWHERE THAT KLIPSCH MAKE SOME OF JAMOS SPEAKERS??

Is this true and if so does that include the drivers becuase i may need to replace a driver in one of jamos 12 inch subs soon and do they use thier drivers?? my sub is a jamo sw 505e i think its about fifteen years old but im not sure
  9. Gold Ant

Jamo 12 inch sub rattling on one side when it's cranked

I bought a jamo 505e sub just recently off gumtree and I got it home having heard it at moderate levels at the selllers house with no issues but when it has to deal with some big explosions in a film one of the corners of the sub box was making a rattling noise It didnt sound like the driver...
  10. Gold Ant

so who here owns an Intel Nuc or similar micro pc for thier home theatre setup?

I bought a nuc nuc5cpyh for my home theatre recently and was running Jriver media centre on it on a 58inch 4ktv at 3840x2160 and it could play some films brilliantly without issue and others it could not without audio video sync issues and now ive uprgraged to the latest kaby lake i7 nuc and...
  11. Gold Ant

KENWOOD KM209 POWER AMP advice on removing dust and cleaning

I got an awesome bargain in a pawnbroker a couple of days ago $13 I dont think they knew what it was-here in Australia this sort of gear is more expensive than in the USA too It works perfectly but I need some advice on cleaning the inside it has an insane amount of dust in it and I pulled the...
  12. Gold Ant

Hi From Brisbane Australia

Hi all I'm into all sorts of different audio stuff including HTPCs home theatre vintage power amplifiers and other equipment along with the new stuff and im keen to learn new things all the time so looking forward to our chats
Back
Top Bottom