Search results

1. Cleve

The light is blinding me!!!!!!

Gosh, now I'm 63 1/2. I would LOVE to go back to being "only" 49 when this was posted. lol
  2. Cleve

What would be a good upgrade from the AudioTechnica AT95E?

That's looking tempting to me - I didn't want to buy a $500-600 cartridge to install on a $250 turntable, but also a decent cartridge which would be a good swap if I choose to upgrade to a better table in the next year. I'll probably get the cartridge with a headshell so I can do some quick...
  3. Cleve

Songs that MUST be cranked?

Ok, I'll name a recent one - "Mean Town Blues" recorded at Woodstock by Johnny Winter. Love to crank that CD while driving.
  4. Cleve

No real sins, I suppose on the AT's part. But it is a $50 cartridge - about as inexpensive as it gets, and at some point I will need to change the stylus anyway. I assumed for setting a threshold of $300, 6x the price, I'd find options with superior sound quality/fidelity/tonality compared...
  5. Cleve

I have to confess, I played with my Tone Controls

My thoughts are - if you have ample amplification power, and adjusting the tone controls makes you happy with the sound, go for it. Every listening room, every set of speakers, and every recording varies. Mostly, I myself use my variable McIntosh loudness control - one can add just the...
  6. Cleve

Now that I have a McIntosh preamp with built in phono inputs, and I've been using my turntable regularly for the past 1 1/2 years, I'm thinking of a cartridge upgrade for my AT LP120, rather than simply replacing the OEM AT95E's stylus when it comes time to do so in few months? I'm thinking...
  7. Cleve

This is despicable

What is it about cables that brings out the 'best' from people and businesses? Remember all the lawsuits filed by Monster Cable? LOL
  8. Cleve

McIntosh MT2 Turntable

I'm so tempted by this TT but I'll probably have to pass. I own, and have owned, lots of McIntosh gear, but have never bought brand spanking new McIntosh. My wife would kill me - she bought me the Audio Technica turntable for Christmas in 2018. Plus, I would have to explain that I spent...
  9. Cleve

Audio Technica 120 with usb port, vinyl to cd problems and fixes

A friend suggested Vinyl Studio instead of the Audio-Technica supplied Audacity for my LP-120. Having used both, the Vinyl Studio is SO much better. Dunno if that would solve the mono recording issue (sounds like a soundcard setting) but if you want to make a number of recordings, Vinyl...
  10. Cleve

We got our new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk last week!

Yeah, the wife and I both own 2010 Challenger R/Ts which we bought new in 2010, with the 5.7 engine. It wasn't my goal to get another, but now all 3 of our vehicles are 5.7s. Thank you - the online videos and tests I've found so far of the GC Trailhawk are the 3.6 - I'm thinking the 5.7 is a...
  11. Cleve

Today's Gospel Playlist

I've always loved this song - "Dear Jesus God" from the 1971 Vanishing Point movie soundtrack
  12. Cleve

Oh, and there is an audio-related component to this - the 1 year subscription to Sirius XM on the Grand Cherokee includes all-access - so I downloaded the Sirius app on my phone, and on our Channel Master Stream+ DVR, so now we have Sirius on the home audio system. Haven't heard Earle...
  13. Cleve

Well, I loved my 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude, but it was time to trade it in. My one and only regret in buying the Cherokee - I didn't spend the extra few thousand for the Trailhawk package. I had been considering replacing with a new Cherokee Trailhawk. But this truck was sitting on the...
  14. Cleve

Happy Birthday Cleve!

Thanks, everyone!!! :)
  15. Cleve

Happy Birthday Cleve!

Thanks, folks! At least I'm here for this one. I've been absent for a few. :)
  16. Cleve

Color out of Space (SPOILERS)

So some of the spoilers.... SPOILERS At the very end..... one of my favorite parts of the movie - t when the scientist Ward stares at the 3rd eye on Lavina's forehead, he sees briefly thru the marvels of CGI, , as HP might phrase it, a "Brain-blasting" unimaginable realm...
  17. Cleve

Color out of Space (SPOILERS)

Streamed this new movie adaptation of the HP Lovecraft short, published in Amazing Stories, in 1927, last night. As a long time HP Lovecraft fan, I read much of his work while in college. This is a good film, IMHO, and captures the cosmic horror and madness so central to HP's work...
  18. Cleve

big ole speaker pic ID requested

And he left them there. Unbelievable. At least he should have shared where they are, so someone from AK could buy them. LOL
  19. Cleve

RSL Speedwoofer 10S, Best overall sub for 2020! By Brent Butterworth

Are those Chinese manufactured or U.S. made?
  20. Cleve

I wished the OP would respond. I think he's foolish if he doesn't snap these up. If they are factory made, they are rare birds to NOT be identified by the members of THIS site!
  21. Cleve

No idea - but they look like 'quality' to me. Do they work? Is the price low? Probably should snap 'em up. That's a cut above the usual 'thrift' speaker that's a Soundesign and made of thin particle board. LOL
  22. Cleve

Got some 45 RPM LPs from Acoustic Sounds

Yup - I only had a chance to listen to the title track so far - but it's an outstanding recording!
  23. Cleve

Got some 45 RPM LPs from Acoustic Sounds

Acoustic Sounds had some 45 RPM LPs on sale recently - for half price. Stanley Turrentine's "Up at Minton's" and Horace Parlan's "Movin' and Groovin". I also picked up Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab's 45 RPM version of "I, Robot" by the Alan Parson's Project (not on sale - lol) I am so VERY...
  24. Cleve

Can you remember your local hi fi store when you was a teen?

I grew up in Naples NY, a small rural town in Western NY approx 50 miles from the nearest large city. We had a Radio Shack franchise - the fella (Tom as I recall his name) also had a TV and radio repair business there. My first real "audio"purchases at age 10, 11 or so was a cassette...
Back
Top Bottom