Search results

1. R

SL-1210 Static discharge

Hi Tom, would this explain why you have 4 ohms spindle shaft to casing while both my TT's show open circuit after a discharge period through the meter? I think Jeff is right, the 3 bolts should make electrical contact between the bearing assembly and TT, could it be grease insulating the bolts...
  2. R

SL-1210 Static discharge

I may have solved my problem. Paint on the main TT casting was insulating the bearing housing, I've now scraped the paint from the mounting points to ground the spindle housing. It now measures the same as my SL1700 as described earlier. I have played both sides of an LP and lifted without a...
  3. R

SL-1210 Static discharge

Hi, For your interest the mat is the Boston Audio graphite mat and preamp is Graham Slee Amp 2, the SL1700 has Dynavector P75 preamp (17D3 cart) and as recommended by Dynavector the earth lead from the TT is grounded at the power amp. Further checking shows on my SL1700mk2 and another SL1700mk2...
  4. R

SL-1210 Static discharge

Hi Tom, Yes I can hear one or sometimes more clicks when I lift the record and yes it appears as if I have switched to 45.
  5. R

SL-1210 Static discharge

My SL-1700 Mk2 has a high resistance static discharge path between spindle and ground, my SL-1210 has no resistance, open circuit. The result is that when I lift a disc from the platter a static discharge causes the speed to change from 33 to 45. I'm worried that this discharge my damage the...
  6. R

Hello from Sydney Australia

While my latest acquisition is the Meridan Explorer2 MQA DAC and a subscription to the Tidal streaming service, the assertion that one of the aims of MQA is to greatly reduce the temporal smearing caused by the A to D and D to A conversions has re kindled an interest in vinyl from analog...
Back
Top Bottom