Search results

1. D

Power transformer replacement question.

Hello, Just checked back in this thread. If you want, please send me your email, and I will forward my communication with Tamura / Sunaudio, maybe it will help? Now, one of the techs that work on my solid states will argue with you all day long that a power transformer is a power transformer...
  2. D

Power transformer replacement question.

Hello, So Sun Audio isn't exactly responsive. I was met with the same situation. I ended up emailing and asking Tamura directly, somehow that worked. The sale rep let me know that those transformers are custom-made for Sun Audio, and the best they can do is put me in touch with Sun Audio. Sun...
  3. D

Mcintosh MC240 Power Supply help needed

I am quite happy. After making sure everything is right and with 2 meters (one measuring the current draw, one measuring bias voltage) I fire it up with power tube in. It works great, no noise, no hiss, no problem. It sound great on my test speakers. Current draw is stable without any spike or...
  4. D

Scratch that. Without the small tubes, the measurements are all out of whack. I rechecked all the connections and decide to put all the small tubes in. I am now having proper voltage. From power supply I am getting -152VDC and -52VDC for bias voltage. The 3 power supply lines are at 440VDC...
  5. D

Thank you, After checking the wiring and isolate that circuit. I found the problem. While installing the 2 voltage doublers, I forgot that these JJ need to be grounded (completely escaped my mind that they aren't ground like the old can). I am now have -161VDC coming out of the diode and bias...
  6. D

Hello, I have disconnect this circuit from the rest of the amplifier. The circuit now only have power from the transformer, the resistor, diode and capacitor. I have a question regarding resistors in general. Where do i go and order resistors? I usually get stuff from Mouser. I want to get...
  7. D

I terminated the connection from the power supply board point 4 to the rest of the amplifier. If I am corrected I should get the -150V at point number 4. Unfortunately I am getting -40VDC and dropping. I will order new 22uF capacitor and retry.
  8. D

Unfortunately, the problem still the same with all the small tubes installed. I don't get any negative voltage whatsoever. I will go back to the bench and retrace all the connections to make sure I didn't miss anything. Was coming down with a cold so it will take a bit of time.
  9. D

I checked again. The filter capacitor has positive connect to ground. At the junction of the diode and filter cap I have 158.5k for resistance. I have also reference my amp wiring with online pictures and it seem to be corrected. I have also traced that line to the components board underneath...
  10. D

This is very weird. I have corrected the wiring with the 470 ohm resistor in between the 115 VAC supply and the diode. I still don't get any voltage after the diode. The original selenium diode can be replaced with 1N4007 right? I am literally getting 0VAC/0VDC at the bottom terminal where it...
  11. D

I have a question. I read that a 470 ohm resistor connect to the diode will help bring the voltage down. From the schematic, the blue wire coming from transformer going into the diode (125VAC). I have replaced that diode with 1N4007 and connect a 470 ohm to it. Right now I have it in this order...
  12. D

That is on pin 5 right? I didn't get any at pin 5. 447 at Pin 3.
  13. D

I am powering it through a variac at 117V measured. I will gather a full set of tube and do a fresh round of measurement tonight.
  14. D

Hello, I recapped my Mcintosh MC240 but run into a bit of a problem. I have read most of the posted here before starting. What I have done is up the 12uF (C5) to 22uF. Add 470ohm resistor before the diode (all 3 diodes were replaced with 1N4007). The 2 voltage doublers are JJ 250uF. The 2 filter...
  15. D

Help identify components in a pair of Ampex Tube Amplifiers

Ok that is helpful. So basically the color code is Brown Black Yellow Black Yellow coming out to be 0.1uF capacitor????
  16. D

Yes I saw that schematic, and on another thread by another member who also marked out all of the components. I just want to make sure before I purchase stuff because he didn't mention the diode, and I tried to decode the bumble bee cap myself and it didn't match. I thought that would be the C4...
  17. D

I also have this little guy. It is supposed to be adjusted from the factory for flat response, with a value between 150pF to 200pF 500V capacitor (supposedly from the Ampex EL34 schematic). Is it a film? Is it a ceramic capacitor? and decoding that thing is also a nightmare since it seem to be...
  18. D

I just noticed on one of the cap there seem to be an indication of the Outside Foil Lead and yellow is the first band, would the value be 0.47uF?? Assuming the first digit is Yellow = 4, and violet = 7 (since grey doesn't really make sense here). 3rd digit is yellow which is 0000 mean I have...
  19. D

I have started the process to order parts for those bumblebee caps along with some electrolytics. There isn't a schematic available for this amp, however another member has traced and showed the components on another thread from a similar schematic of Ampex for the EL34 version. I want to double...
  20. D

I have a pair of Ampex 6L6 monoblock that I can't seem to find the schematic anywhere. I need help finding replacement for these components. The diode has marking of S-18 Semicon on it and nothing else so I don't know what could it be. The bumblebee cap has 5 bands, but 2 of them I don't know if...
  21. D

Need help with some Fisher monoblock

Hello, this is the dimension. The one on the left: 4 x 5 x 5.75 in (D x W x H) The one on the right: 4 x 4.5 x 5 in (D x W x H)
  22. D

Need help with some Fisher monoblock

Hey sorry has been busy, I will try to do that during the weekend.
  23. D

Help me identify the value of a safety capacitor

Thank you for all the help. Welp I was checking everything else but the transformer. There is an OL on 1 of the primary. I guess I am SOL looking for another transformer. At least now I know what value is that capacitor!!!!!!
  24. D

Help me identify the value of a safety capacitor

Hello, I ran into this capacitor while trying to figure out what is wrong with my speakers. Luckily for me, one of it is working, the other isn't. I have been able to figure out that one of the safety capacitor is damaged. Unfortunately, I don't know what 100 nM mean. I am guessing it 0.1 uF...
Back
Top Bottom