Search results

1. Helios

Connecting composite video to Denon AVRS660H

Just bought a 15$ composite to HDMI converter; it works just fine. As you may have guessed, I have not had to use the composite inputs on the DENON. My old entry level AVR had composite and HDMI entries and made the conversion to my HDMI entry input of my flat TV. What I don't catch (maybe I...
  2. Helios

Just realised that this unit has no analog to hdmi converter; I had thought that was not the case, cause the video input. My bad!
  3. Helios

I am not a member of any AVR forum except here; I hope I can resolve my problem here. I just bought this new Denon AVRS660H to be used with my LG Oled C2 55. It is working just ok with my TV provider, BluRay, Satellite STB, all 4K and connected to HDMI inputs on the Denon. I am trying to get...
  4. Helios

Another Heathkit AR-1500 Overhaul

You have to remove the internal soldered jumpers; it is mentioned in the manual.
  5. Helios

Heathkit AR-1515: Problems after recapping

The crystal was indeed the culprit. I used the one suggested by txturbo. At first I just soldered it in parallel with the old one: same problem. Then I removed the old one, and it worked. The new one is rather tiny, as compared to the older. I have lately ordered parts to reburbish a sansui 771...
  6. Helios

Sansui 771 Refurbishing the F-1499 board

I am planning to refurbish the F-1499 board. I know that I am a bit late at the party, as some pieces are no longer available or hard to get. Initially I wanted to make the following substitutions: Pair 2SC1124/2SA706 with KSC2690AYS/KSA1220AYS 2S276 diff pair with KSA992FTA What would be a...
  7. Helios

I have been searching for days, if not weeks, where the trouble came from; I have thoroughly inspected the RF and IF boards, at one time doubting if the FM tuner was still working, and found ... nothing. I was not looking at the right place: on the Power Supply board war indeed a solder bridge...
  8. Helios

I still have the manual. Here some pics. IF Board Multiplex Counter Power Supply
  9. Helios

Some time ago I decided to recap my AR 1515 that I had built in late 70s. I relied heavily on the work of dlucy here: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/recapping-and-restoring-and-upgrading-a-heathkit-ar-1515-receiver.891978/ (Thanks, dlucy!). (Sorry,I did not found the trick to...
  10. Helios

JC from Quebec Canada

Bienvenue JC!
  11. Helios

"Moin" from Germany

Herzlich willkommen Axel!
  12. Helios

Hey new! From Montreal!

Welcome to AK!, from Quebec City. Plenty of good informations here. Violonist, have you said ? I love classical music. Helios
  13. Helios

AR-1500 Recapping and restoring: problem with the control board

You seem to be quite knowledgeable (Don't be shy). I perused some of your commentaries while searching about the LTP and other audio problems. I have some education (M.Sc in physics, teached all my life physics and mathematics at the College level) and was always interested in audio as an aside...
  14. Helios

Clever, your trick Ylli! Did not you recapped the output ? LTP ??! That is ...
  15. Helios

Sorry: problem with photo transfer Edit: I changed too the 6000uF capacitors with 6800uF. At first I wanted to reuse the older cans, but I have had some difficulties. So I resorted to use these trick.
  16. Helios

Problems solved:the capacitor before the base of Q601 (C607) was bad soldered. Beginner's fault.:( Like I said before, the AR-1500 that I built in early 70s has been completely recapped (electrolytics and some films) and restored. I changed all the resistors, with metal film resistors, on the...
  17. Helios

I rechecked the voltage on the Control board, without the Pream Board, and the 27V remains. A quick look at the shematics just to realize that this voltage comes from the Control itself! My bad. But my problems remain.
  18. Helios

I have just recapped and restored this AR-1500, but I have one problem with the control board. Symptoms: when the Tone Flat is off the left output (Speaker) is noticebly weaker than the one on the right, when it is on both are on the same level but somewhat louder. I checked the voltage...
  19. Helios

AU-919 "Black Flag" Cap Replacement

At the time (2011) when I did the recap, I used silver mica 500 V.
  20. Helios

AR-1500 Heathkit part number equivalent

Thanks a lot Ylli! The 56-73 is for the other six diodes; the one that I must look at is D701. The existing diodes have been changed in the past; I do not remember what was then the trouble.
  21. Helios

It seems that these are stabistors. My searching points to MPD200 and MPD400 as substitutes. I am looking where I can get them. Thank for your help so far. Fred, when you speak of triple diode device can you give me an example.
  22. Helios

I am working on a AR-1500 and I try to locate these parts: silicon diode 56-73 and 56-74 (output amplifier board). On some Heathkit part number cross reference they suggest 56-73 : MZ2360 0,65 Forward voltage Ref 56-74: MZ2362 2,00 Forward voltage Ref So far I have not been able to locate...
  23. Helios

AR1500 Recap

It has none. The testing was done via two switches (located near the two 6000 mF capacitors), with the positions Normal or Test, and R(esistance) or V/Normal.
Back
Top Bottom