Search results

1. T

I need a starting point- Pioneer SX-680- watt meters hang

I just bought this, got a good price on it, but I need some guidance as to where to start. I plan to buy one of the recap kits for this, but I want to make sure I'm not putting the cart before the horse. I'm a new at vintage audio but I know how to troubleshoot the 3 to 5 foot long pinball...
  2. T

New to classic audio- looking for equipment to provide best listening experience

Background- I have two jukeboxes, and one of them is a Rockola 425 and I bought it for 200. Fixed the mechanism, replaced the needle and had the amp rebuilt by Jukebox Friday night and Mr. Bickers was right the sound is amazing. You can almost hear/feel the actual instruments, it's kind of hard...
  3. T

Newly returned after listening to rebuilt amp on vintage jukebox

Hello from south central PA! Started getting into vintage jukeboxes last year and have a Rockola 425 with a rebuilt amp, and Wow! I am now very interested in how to reproduce that "live instrument" sound so I can relisten to my vinyl collection on a stereo system. I will be studying the...
  4. T

Identification of a resistor

I posted a pic, I'm working on a Graflex/Singer model 1015 projector pre amp board and it has no sound. I found the fuse blown, so I tried substituting another fuse of what I thought was the same(1.5a at 25v) and I think the resistor started to smoke, so I shut it down. I'm pretty sure I have a...
  5. T

Projector amps-RCA 416 and Kalart 75-15

Hi, I've just joined and yes I still have lots to learn- I'm trying to locate some issues, I have more than one of each projector and one works great and the other doesn't so that will be helpful in determining the problems. On the kalart one works good and the other one sounds like people...
Back
Top Bottom