Search results

1. J

Subwoofer - How to hook up and is this just a folly with my system

Yes, no A & B taps on this amp. I think it was made in the same year as me, 1959; and by today's standards I'm a bit short on taps myself. I've had the amp for years having rescued it from a dumpster at a flea market back in 86. I've used the amp off and on over the years but after letting it...
  2. J

Thanks much, I apprecate your help. I found it best years ago to ask questions before committing your audio gear to the rath of the gods of fire!
  3. J

So you think the Y-connector solution is feasible? Also, are you saying I could run two sets of wires off the amp? That is with one set going to the Heresys and the other to the subwoofer. If so, what would the impedence be? The Heresys are 8 ohm speakers and the amp has taps for 4, 8 and 16...
  4. J

Here's my situation. I recently had a Heatkit AA-30 stero tube amp recapped and I am loving it on a system that also includes a Dynaco PAS3X preamp, turntable and CD player. I am especially loving it with a set of Klipsch series 1 Heresys. So what I want to do (and I certainly don't need to...
  5. J

Heresy’s grace The Sierra Nevada Taproom

I grew up in Chico and more specifically I grew up in the John Deere tracror shop where my father worked that was (and still is) located right next to the original Sierra Nevada Brewery. It was a small nondescript commercial building that I think had a prtial dirt floor. If you showed up at...
  6. J

Bigg of California S-35-B Stereo Thirty Five Unicorn

I dig the faceplate!
  7. J

Marantz HDDAC1 - How Does it Rate?

I've been looking at these DACs for some time but I don't know much about them. Are they good units or are they a pile of parts put up in a sexy looking package? The Marantz HDDAC1 catches my eye but I don't want to be seduced by looks alone. Many thanks and I appreciate your thoughts.
  8. J

Heresey low end help

I added some insulation salvaged out of a beat up pair of Boston Acoustics A150 and it did a bit. The best advice given above was to add a subwoofer. I ran my Heresys off a Fisher 800B which has a center channel speaker tap. That's the tap I used. I replaced the Heresys with a setoff...
  9. J

Southern California Registry

I'm not from southern California but you guys appear to be the closest thing to Sacramento. I'm currently trying to get a Fisher 800B receiver and a Futura Modern IV console up and running and would like to know who out here would be good for doing the work. I've had years of Dynaco collecting...
Back
Top Bottom