Search results

1. Finnetric

JBL L100 Classic service center

Yeah my goal is to get the original sale receipt. I spoke to the original owner and he’s mailing me all the paperwork.
  2. Finnetric

Consumer seller, not retailer dealer
  3. Finnetric

Yes I am familiar with Geoff at Muse Audio. He restored my Marantz 2325
  4. Finnetric

*****Update***** The Harman Audio Luxury rep emailed me and explained there was “confusion” during my call. They reassured me there are authorized repair centers located in the US. here is the list in that it might help another AKer… United Radio "5717 Enterprise Parkway East Syracuse, NY...
  5. Finnetric

I’m Waiting for the sales receipt and warranty info from the reseller before I crack open the cabinet ;)
  6. Finnetric

Yeah it was an unprecedented experience with their customer service. I hung up the phone and immediately reached out to the AK community. I was so dumbfounded that Harman Audio wouldn’t even share an authorized retailer, I wanted to see what, if anything, the AK members have experienced with an...
  7. Finnetric

yes I did that, as well as swapping speakers to ensure I ruled out the amp
  8. Finnetric

Hi All, I purchased a pair of JBL L100 Classics from a reseller. Because I bought it second hand, Harman Audio (Luxury division) will not provide an authorized service center, nor will they allow a return. Here’s the issue…One of the speakers has distortion and low volume compared to the...
  9. Finnetric

Still looking for contact with Bob Speece (He's STILL got my gear!)

Following this thread. I spoke to Bob over the phone just before his move. We were laughing about his upcoming travel and how much he hated paying movers. Ha! However, since then it’s been radio silence from Bob on all channels. If anyone has any information about how Bob is fairing I’d...
  10. Finnetric

4400 powered on, but not off

A vote of confidence! Mr Speece holds you in high regard, Tom. He and I speak frequently. He’s got my 2270 nearly restored. Now to get this switch on the 4400 back to glory...
  11. Finnetric

Thank you for the referral, Randy
  12. Finnetric

Many thanks, Tom
  13. Finnetric

So I’ve had this unit for a couple years. It has been fully restored, and I absolutely treasure it. Today I pressed the power push switch to turn the unit off, and nope nothin. Oddly, the sound turned off. This was probably a mistake, but I unplugged the unit and then plugged it back in. It...
  14. Finnetric

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

AKer Bob Speece restoration sitting pretty and blowin’ the doors off the neighbors
  15. Finnetric

JBL re-introducing the L-100

https://www.musicdirect.com/Speakers/JBL-L100-Bookshelf-Speakers MusicDirect says they’re shipping next day
  16. Finnetric

BOOM! https://www.musicdirect.com/Speakers/JBL-L100-Bookshelf-Speakers?sc_src=email_105349&sc_lid=7867316&sc_uid=Hqn8UwCOSe&sc_llid=43847&utm_source=Emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=musicdirect+soundbytes+issue+%23847_2_08-13-18sc_eh=e76dd2446acb5afb1
  17. Finnetric

I stopped by the NYC Harman store yesterday and no bueno. The L100 Classic release date has been pushed to September. Salesman stated that stock doesn’t meet demand, so there’s been a delay in the release. :mad:
  18. Finnetric

Thanks very much, Seth. I'll send you and email to converse further. BTW, I'm in Queens about 45...

Thanks very much, Seth. I'll send you and email to converse further. BTW, I'm in Queens about 45 min from your shop
  19. Finnetric

Hi Seth, I have a Dual 1218 with a Grado Prestige Gold1 cart. I hear what I think is the motor...

Hi Seth, I have a Dual 1218 with a Grado Prestige Gold1 cart. I hear what I think is the motor turning the platter through my speakers—the low frequency driver shakes like crazy. Is this issue in need of service, or a good lube? If the latter, is there a guide of any kind that would show a...
  20. Finnetric

Dual 1218 shakes right 12" low freq loudspeaker more than left

Thanks! I'm having a Marantz 4400 restored by AKer legend @wlhd1610 currently and will eventually pair it to the JBL L100As (Late). The 2270 will then be paired with the Dynaco A35s, which sound AMAZING. I have to upgrade my living situation to handle all my vintage HiFi gear, ha! Your quad 4270...
  21. Finnetric

I have a very small NYC apt so space is very limited
  22. Finnetric

I’m going to move the TT to a isolation shelve on the wall. This was only a temporary solution to rule out low frequency feedback from the JBLs. Thanks for your suggestions!
Back
Top Bottom