Search results

1. Sam Burden

Perplexing problem with Sansui 9090 FM stereo

Have a 9090 that l had to rebuild the amplifier board due to one channel being out. Unit now works great except for an issue in the FM stereo. When you power it up FM stereo light will come on, signal meter will only go to about 1 and it will work fine for about 60 seconds and then fm stereo...
  2. Sam Burden

Kenwood model 11g replacement panel lamps

Hi everyone, was not able to use search function for this getting a message about software updates or something. Any way these are a large 2 wire lamp for meters and tuner dial panel. Anyone have a source or suggestion for finding new lamps?
  3. Sam Burden

Zenith mc7040 meters not working.

Hello everyone, l am working on a Zenith mc7040 receiver for a friend of mine and everything works perfectly except the signal strength and tuning Meters. I have tested the voltage outputs on the ic and they are correct. Anyone run into this before and if so please let me know what the issue...
  4. Sam Burden

Help please with Soundcraftsmen RA6501 Amp

Hello, l am working on a RA6501 for a friend and having a problem finding the issue. The protection light cycles with a small thump in the speakers. I have tested all the output transistors for shorts and they are OK. Had to replace the triac on the protection board. It will cycle in...
  5. Sam Burden

Marantz 1050B Cassette motor

Anyone out there know what voltage the motor is? Thanks Sorry l meant to say 5010B cassette deck. Can't edit the description.
  6. Sam Burden

Pioneer RT-901 reel motor losing power any ideas?

Hi, l am working on a 901 that is having issues with the right reel motor losing power during play. 1st some info, the tension rollers have been rebuilt including new switches there is no problem with them, it is not the relay or the motor cap. I did find both of the 2.2 uf 350v caps in the...
  7. Sam Burden

Pioneer RT-901 reel motor losing power any ideas?

Hi, l am working on a 901 that is having issues with the right reel motor losing power during play. 1st some info, the tension rollers have been rebuilt including new switches there is no problem with them, it is not the relay or the motor cap. I did find both of the 2.2 uf 350v caps in the...
  8. Sam Burden

pioneer sx-1250 versus Sansui 9090db versus Marantz 2325

Ok would like opinions on these 3 units. I have all 3 and would like input from others. Pros cons what you like or dislike. Thanks and let the fun begin,
  9. Sam Burden

yamaha RX-V2092 power issues coming on going off

Hello,anyone have any experience with this unit? It will come on, power relay clicks, display comes on for a second then unit shuts off. Changing the bias switch on back panel makes no difference. seems to be a common problem but I have not found any forums where the solution has been discussed...
  10. Sam Burden

Marantz Model 18 Caps

Hello, The model 18 has a 10uf 575v old style axial electrolytic in the power supply section. Any issue with using a 10uf 600v film cap in its place? Also the main filters are 5450uf, I was planning on using computer grade 6800uf caps, any thoughts? For the axials in the power supply I am going...
  11. Sam Burden

Marantz Model Caps

Hello, The model 18 has a 10uf 575v old style axial electrolytic in the power supply section. Any issue with using a 10uf 600v film cap in its place? Also the main filters are 5450uf, I was planning on using computer grade 6800uf caps, any thoughts? For the axials in the power supply I am going...
  12. Sam Burden

Pioneer RT-909 pinch relay problems

Hi all, I have a Pioneer rt-909 that every function works properly except when either the reverse or forward play is pushed the pinch solenoid will engage and pinch rollers will move up to heads but within a second or so the relay drops out and pinch rollers assy drops back down. I know that the...
  13. Sam Burden

Pioneer RT 909 parts wanted.

Hello all, hoping somone has a parts machine. I an in need of RWG 106 circuit board. Also looking for one of the little decorative wheel that snaps on to an idler wheel.Thanks
  14. Sam Burden

Help on reel to reel hook up to amplifiers

Hello, I had thought I had an issue electronically with my Pioneer RT-707, I have a stacatto noise like a machine gun when I turn the volume up on my amp. This happens when the deck is turned on. It turns out that I have a different problem and I think its a pairing problem to the amp. I just...
  15. Sam Burden

Help troubleshooting RT-707 reverse play. Please

Hi everyone, I am having a problem with an RT-707 that I recently bought. Everything works except reverse playback. Its not a problem with the 601 or 602 relays. The repeat button is not engaged nor are any of the record buttons. When the reverse button is pushed it does light the reverse led...
  16. Sam Burden

Technical help with a Pioneer RT- 707 Please

Hi I have an RT-707 that works great with one exception if it is powered up and idle if I turn the volume way up on my amp it produces a motor boating sound. It plays fine and sounds good otherwise. During play I havnt noticed a problem. I believe its a cap issue because if my amp is volume is...
Back
Top Bottom