Search results

1. J

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Recently got my Aiwa XK-009 I bought new back in 88 back up and running. Was left with a family member while I lived in the U.S.A, ended up in storage for about 12 years. Belts had melted into goo, so I replaced them, works like a champ now. I need to eventually replace all the RCA inputs and...
  2. J

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

My Aiwa Excelia XK-009. Recently brought out of long term storage while I was living in Florida. New belts and a good cleaning and it plays and sounds like new.
  3. J

Toslink and receivers ?

My Denon PMA-1520 integrated amp has an Toslink connection and built in DAC. I bought it and a Denon 1520 CD player new in summer of 1988. I used to connect them together with the Toslink. I still have both and they are both still going strong.
  4. J

Anybody own Vintage Celestions ??

I ended up using some blue-tak and it worked perfectly, the nice tight sound is back. This is the second time I've seen the original gray putty fail and become a messy thick sludge. I friend had a set of SL6 that had the same issue, something to keep an eye on as if not fixed the sludge can...
  5. J

Thanks for you insight to these speakers. What is you reasoning for not recapping? Are the caps used in the SL series known not to go bad with age? I also just noticed that the putty used to seal the tweeters has begun to liquefy and start to run down and out from behind the tweeter face plate...
  6. J

I recently restored my SL12si speakers that I bought new back 1988. They ended up with a cousin while I was living in Florida, due to a separation he had to put them in a storage locker before I moved back to Toronto. The cabinets got pretty beat during this storage time so I refinished them in...
  7. J

The Celestion Owners Thread

Finished getting the Sl12si back together and working again. The cabinets were in bad shape with plenty of marks and missing veneer around the edges. I sanded them down to bare wood and thought about putting on new veneer, but I just went ahead and stained and finished them after fixing the...
  8. J

What tickets are in your pocket? (What's the next concert you are headed to?)

Got tickets to see Depeche Mode again in Toronto June 11th. We saw them last time they were here back in September 2017, had 2nd row centre seats and had a great time then (see attached pic). We wanted to sit a little further back to enjoy the visuals and light show. Ended up with seats 2nd...
  9. J

The Celestion Owners Thread

I am currently restoring my Celestion SL12si's. I bought these new and looking forward to hearing them again. They have been in storage for many years when I moved to the US for 8 years and this has caused the cabinets to look terrible. I am currently refinishing them, I have one speaker done...
  10. J

Hello from Toronto, Canada

Just joined after reading some posts while looking for information to restore my speakers. I have had a interest in audio from the late eighties. I am currently getting my old equipment back in working condition. I bought all items new and used for many years, I moved to Florida in 2003 and...
Back
Top Bottom