Search results

1. R

Need Help Finding Genre Specific Bookshelf Speakers

I agree with what you're saying. My point about the graphs was in a round about way sorta sarcastic, I was more hoping for someone with first hand knowledge of listening to this type of music and atleast thinking to themselves that the speaker they own, or have owned, was better at this type of...
  2. R

Need Help Finding Genre Specific Bookshelf Speakers

So I'm looking to spend no more than 500 dollars, but could go higher if I was convinced that they would work well for what I want. I'd like to stay somewhere around a 5" woofer, give or take, because I'm going to be doing alot of nearfield listening with them. I'm sure maybe there's some...
  3. R

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary, a non-professional review

Yeah, my bad there. It was a poor choice of words - It was never my intention to directly call them trash, it was more about being overly emotional at the time and using that particular phrase of where I wanted them to go. As far as being sensitive to treble, I honestly believe I'm more...
  4. R

To be honest, there's really not much else at my local Best Buy. The fact that we even have a Best Buy is fairly amazing where I live. But to use it just to test out some speakers, I mean surely it can do that I'd have to imagine, it's not like I'm bringing this setup to a sound off...
  5. R

I'm powering them with just a simple brand new Sony receiver. It's not what I'll eventually will be powering them with, but I needed something because I didn't have anything, so I'm "borrowing" it from Best Buy at the moment. I have them on speaker stands and I have tons of room placement...
  6. R

Well, I'm not sure I have that long to be able to figure this out. So far I'd like to throw these in the trash - they sound awful. I bought these and a pair of Elac B5's to audition to be my listening setup for years to come, but so far this has been a very disheartening experience (with both...
  7. R

And just as I finally got mine ordered last night! Sweet.
  8. R

Finally.........ordered!!
  9. R

Need Alot Of Help Connecting Speakers To Computer

Sorry I haven't gotten back to those who replied. Right now I'm going through a Windows 10 crisis which is taking up all my energy. Computers really need to be easier and just work is all I can say. A quick thing about the DAC. It turns out my computer just doesn't have the necessary hook...
  10. R

Crud, I need help again. I decided after all this that I'm gonna try a cheap DAC and see how it works for me. So xero-D-hero stated in one of his posts that he had previously used a Fiio D3 so I figured I'd try that one. I also wanted one that I could plug into a wall socket if possible...
  11. R

Ha!! Shhhhit, no man, I meant the speakers themselves are supposed to be laid back in sound signature, and was curious how music like Maiden would sound on them, lol. I'll await your Seventh review!
  12. R

Cool, glad to hear. Been waiting for you to get yours because I'm curious how Maiden's attack sounds on these "laid back" speakers. Don't bum me out too too much if ya can, I'm sure these aren't the most ideal speakers for that, but my order should be placed in the next few days regardless of...
  13. R

Trust me, that didn't take long. It took me two months of reading reviews on here. It should've only taken me one, lol.
  14. R

Guys, this was a REALLY positive experience. If I could quote all of you I would because everyone said something that I took a little away from. I was really worried when I signed up, I have two different computer forum accounts, and my experience in...
  15. R

Thanks. Since I would be going the "non audiophile" route of just hooking it up into the back, are there atleast better 3.5mm cables than others? @wmgwizard: Since I was kind of getting blasted by the few people I was speaking with about turning up the volume on Foobar to max and having to...
  16. R

Thanks for the replies, they are GREATLY appreciated. Sorry I wasn't clear enough with what I wrote, I already have the speakers picked out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RDMZJ9U/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_3_w...
  17. R

Well, 1st post here. Even though I know nothing about what I'm about to do, I figured with a little googling everything would be perfectly straight forward. But after talking to a few people here and there, alot of the things I thought would be self explanatory turned out to not be. I'm right...
  18. R

Edit-----I moved this to a more appropriate forum----- I realize this might not be the best place for this - if someone tells me I should start a new thread for this I will. I'm just about to order a pair of Denton's based upon reading this post all the way through, twice! So as of right now...
Back
Top Bottom