Search results

1. M

Marantz optocouplers

Hi I am working on a Marantz SD8000, I was wondering if anybody can describe the symptoms when the optocouplers fail? When I put a tape it can play it for a second, then stops, also FF/FW does not engage. I see the LED light on in both sensor boards, but I think it might be something else. Any...
  2. M

Marantz SD 9000 Compudeck Problem

Its been three weeks since I shared my experiences in my quest to bring back to life an old friend from my high school days: Marantz Compudeck SD8000. So far, I have found discouraging news as I have spoke with a couple experts in vintage electronics here in the south Bay. I am Bay Area...
  3. M

Yes. Turn on the deck. Turn the SELECTOR switch to CLOCK SET using the keypad and punch the number i.e. 1, 2, 5 and if its PM press PM (Orange button from the right) to store the time press and hold for 3 seconds the MEMORY button. you can now switch the SELECTOR button to CLOCK or turn off...
  4. M

Thank You Ryan. I can't get the machine to even start the tape. The blinking occurs even when I switch it off, when I tried to set the clock, numbers 1,2,3,4 and 5 worked, the second row didn't. I was able to program the time but only using the first five digits, yet the blinking continue after...
  5. M

Hello. I trying to fix my SD8000 Compudeck, did the Optocoupler replacement but when I switch it on only the Clock/Counter display blinks and when I load a tape the flywheel turns and nothing else happens. No Play/FF etc. How do I know if I have the right type of Couplers. Any thoughts?? Thanks.
  6. M

Hi I just finished replacing the Optocouplers on a SD8000, but no luck. The clock/Counter display blinks even when the main power switch is off and the flywheel motor spins when I load a tape. None of the buttons work (FF, Play, etc.). What are the main symptoms when the Optocouplers are not...
Back
Top Bottom