Search results

1. Metalownz

Why are the older idler wheel turntables so highly regarded?

Most idler drives have horizontal wheels. Only a select few have them vertical like Lenco. Mine is horizonal and they arent low end by any means.
  2. Metalownz

No going back indeed. However, in my other systems i still use direct and belt drive. They still have their place. But idler has my heart forevermore.
  3. Metalownz

You have detailed why you love idler drive. And i loved the description. Most people say things like i dont know why but idler drives sound more musical. Well, you nailed it. My idler drives are pretty close to being as quiet as my belt and direct drive tables, and the reason they're in my main...
  4. Metalownz

Pioneer PL-6A turntable arm is sliding.

Its called anti-skate. Yes the PL-6A doesnt have one. There is a possibility that the cartridge is lighter than the original and needs more weight inside the headshell or the counterweight will be too far back which will cause skipping. Also keep in mind that there are two red dots under the arm...
  5. Metalownz

Anyone Try NEAT Cartridges?

I just got a V-15 cartridge. Stylus is in good shape. Suspension seems to be good. Is there replacement styli available?
  6. Metalownz

Sony 2251 and/or 2250 owners thread

I love the handlift! Beautiful headshell!
  7. Metalownz

That's a nice headshell.
  8. Metalownz

I may get another.
  9. Metalownz

Same. I had to have an original headshell.
  10. Metalownz

Optonica RP-3636 Mk2 Hum

Let me ask, are the headshell pins in the back all scratched up? If that's the case that may be your problem. You may have to replace the whole bayonet part that plugs into your arm. Keep us posted.
  11. Metalownz

Got the headshell today. Looks awesome on this Sony!
  12. Metalownz

Optonica RP-3636 Mk2 Hum

Its good that you arent giving up. This table is well worth it.
  13. Metalownz

Optonica RP-3636 Mk2 Hum

Good luck! Great table! Here is mine!
  14. Metalownz

Here is my serial number..
  15. Metalownz

I think mine is just the normal PS-2251. Not the LA version. Mine came with the original arm. I have the original headshell on the way. The SH-150H. I also have an extra wood armboard that has the fitted hole and screw holes for an SME-3009 tonearm. Very nice table that holds speed and the motor...
  16. Metalownz

Here is my PS-2251 with the PUA-113 arm. Still trying to figure out how to get that cueing lever to reach the arm. That rubber knob thing underneath must have worn off. Other than that she is fully functional. I have the extra armboard that's set for an SME-3009 tonearm. I may do that in the...
  17. Metalownz

Trying to upload pictures in here but its saying the file is too large. Nice info in this thread btw!
  18. Metalownz

Sony PS-2251 question

Mine is fully functional. I can add pictures. Is it in the thread from an earlier post in here?
  19. Metalownz

Optonica RP-3636 New to me, but issues.

The hum isnt a problem i had with mine. It was more like a buzzing sound like the grounding wire wasnt doing its job. A hum sounds like maybe a bad capacitor on the board. I had pretty much had this table completely refurbed and even swapped the motor out for an MKII motor as i have the MKI...
  20. Metalownz

Sony PS-2251 question

Indeed. Seems like the sub weight for the PUA-113 is very elusive. Im on the search for one of those too.
  21. Metalownz

Sony PS-2251 question

I bought one. I still have to figure out that cueing lever issue. Otherwise everything else is working great!
  22. Metalownz

Sony PS-2251 question

23. Metalownz

Sony PS-2251 question

I didnt get the original headshell with mine. It was missing that and the sub weight for the PUA-113.
  24. Metalownz

Sony PS-2251 question

Does anyone have an extra OEM Sony headshell they'd like to part with? Id be willing to purchase one from you.
  25. Metalownz

Sony PS-2251 question

I have 9 other turntables to fall back on just in case. Lol
Back
Top Bottom