Search results

1. uudruid74

Finally went surround

Yes, the sub only waited until I found the deal on the Klipsch ($25) and decided it was such a good deal that it was divinely mandated that I finish the surround system and go with a multichannel surround receiver. The Klipsch adds a nice touch to music, mainly stopping my old EVs from...
  2. uudruid74

1080P Sony looks better than 4K Sony

It's my understanding that HDR10 is basically DCI_P3 colorspace with 10 bits per pixel and 4000 nits brightness, while Dolby Vision is 12 bits with a REC2020 colorspace and 10000 nits brightness. No TV's actually support all of that though. The standard is the same as your PC with the ancient...
  3. uudruid74

1080P Sony looks better than 4K Sony

Actually, when reconfiguring some stuff of mine, I noticed the TV said I was only getting HDR10 and not Dolby Vision. I bypassed the offending gear to get my Dolby Vision back and replayed the disc to see if it looked any different. YES! Dolby Vision compared to HDR10 is like HDR10 compared...
  4. uudruid74

Finally went surround

First, a bit about myself. I'm new to this forum, but been around pro audio my entire life. Both my parents, a few of my uncles, and even a couple aunts of mine all worked at MXR back in the 70s and early 80s. That meant that the friends of the family were MXR employees and family gatherings...
  5. uudruid74

One more HDMI 2.0 Question

I believe there is some confusion here. HDMI 2.0 is the HDMI standard. Part of that standard is the HDCP 2.2, the 4K encryption that goes along with HDMI 2.0. Some older devices claim to support HDMI 2.0, but supporting the faster data rates of 2.0 doesn't help if you don't support the HDCP...
Back
Top Bottom