Search results

1. FrostEOne

Advice on tube brand combintaions.

Originally purchased Gold Lion tubes for my CD player/DAC. Before I got them installed, an amplifier pre tube went sonic. Installed the Gold Lion 2 - 12AT7 & 2 - 12AX7 in amplifier. I was quite impressed so I reordered tubes used and put them in CD/DAC. 2 - 12AU7, 2 - 12AT7 & 2 - 12AX7 Again I...
  2. FrostEOne

best/$ current cd player w/tubes

I've had my Jolida Fusion DAC Transport for close to a year. After a Jolida level 1 cap upgrade and changing the 6 tubes to Genalex Gold Lions, it comes very close if not equals the sound of my vinyl setup. 2 - 12AX7, 2 - 12AT7 & 2 - 12AU7 No opamps in the codec.
  3. FrostEOne

DIY Stereo Cabinet - Stand

I should have mentioned that making them 4 post would have added $200 to the price.
  4. FrostEOne

Thanks for the compliment, glad you like the stand. Regarding the Sound Anchors, I'd call Bernie for best pricing and info. He's easy going and quite informative/helpful. Here's what I paid. Custom 3 Post Stand 15"T with 14"x11" top - 1pr - $622.00 6 - Conecoasters @ $16 ea = $ 96 Shipping...
  5. FrostEOne

Sorry to hear you had the bug, especially during the holidays. Your compliments are very kind, thank you!
  6. FrostEOne

Thank you Dave, I'm hoping it will be a family heirloom.
  7. FrostEOne

You got me curious, so I figured out what I have in the cabinet. Not counting the 100 plus hours of labor, it comes to $1190.00, here's the list: 3 - 2" OD x 0.065" Wall T304 Welded Stainless Tube - 48" = $200.00 Fasteners = 100.00 Turned & center drilled red oak = $275.00 2 - 3/4 x 4 x 8 A1...
  8. FrostEOne

Thanks for the compliment, I like it so much I'm going to build a Album cabinet using the same style.
  9. FrostEOne

Thanks for the compliment, it was a relationship that grew, that's for sure. Thank you, I have also learned a lot about wood finishing, got some ideas to try on next project. Thanks, Quarter sawn oak is a beautiful thing. I like how the design incorporated into the system, one of my...
  10. FrostEOne

Thanks for the compliments, here's a shot with it loaded. Prototype drawer bottom left.
  11. FrostEOne

Merry Christmas everyone! Just finished assembling the stand, it's finally done. Well now that was an experience, 60 coats of varnish on top sides, sanded w/400 between each coat to get them totally smooth. Then 3 coats of Minwax Helmsman Gloss Oil-based Spar Urethane Varnish sanded with 800...
  12. FrostEOne

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

The Dave Bromberg Band - How Late'll Ya Play Til - 1976
  13. FrostEOne

Blondie - Eat to the Beat - 1979
  14. FrostEOne

Like the left tone arm mount you have there.
  15. FrostEOne

The Beach Boys with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - 2018
  16. FrostEOne

Black Oak Arkansas - Raunch 'n Roll Live - 1973
  17. FrostEOne

The Flying Burrito Brothers - Last Of The Red Hot Burritos - 1972
  18. FrostEOne

Peter Frampton - Frampton's Camel Album - 1973
  19. FrostEOne

Steve Miller Band - Fky Like An Eagle - 1976 Vinyl
  20. FrostEOne

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Steve Miller Band - Fky Like An Eagle - 1976 Vinyl
  21. FrostEOne

The Marshall Tucker Band - Long Hard Ride - 1975 Vinyl
  22. FrostEOne

The Marshall Tucker Band - Long Hard Ride - 1976
  23. FrostEOne

Mannfred Manns Earth Band - Nightingales & Bombers - 1975 Vinyl
  24. FrostEOne

One stand arrived Tue, second arrived early today, very impressed with the improvements I'm hearing. Enough so that I put off my chores today to listen to music and already planning to put the chores off again tomorrow.
  25. FrostEOne

After 6 weeks wait, my 3-Post Sound Anchor speaker stands have finally shipped. Scheduled to arrive Wed 10/24, was beginning to think I'd have the stereo stand finished before these arrived.
Back
Top Bottom