Search results

1. V

Another Audio Day in Hong Kong...

Sound Master!! I explored that building based on the recommendations in this thread (thanks RGA!) and ended up buying a tube amp from Soundmaster. See photos below. This is the 88.3 model, 30/60w switchable. It runs on these tubes: KT88x4 - 6SN7x2 - 6SL7x2. I had it custom built with switch to...
  2. V

Cartridge Recommendations

To all who have commented on this thread with advice (thanks by the way), I have big news!! After researching the recommendations of Mr. ClusterChuck, I decided to splurge... I took the step and recently acquired the Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star. This cartridge is well outside the initial price...
  3. V

Hogwylde, the Cornet is great. Very quiet, silent actually. And from what I have read it is considered a great value for the price. The only potential downside, depending on your taste, is the physical appearance. The Cornet, Piccolo, and Bugle are all housed in small transparent plastic...
  4. V

Hi all, I am looking for recommendations for a new cartridge for my setup. I mainly listen to jazz, Latin, and classic rock records. I previously had a Denon DL160 and then a Denon DL-301MK2 but wear and tear has taken its toll and it is time for a new cartridge. While I have been more than...
  5. V

Amp dead! Need suggestions for replacement!!!

Thanks No Money. I went to Audio Space yesterday... Very impressive. And will check out the place in MK next weekend based on your recommendation. So far I am considering the Audio Space MP-1K. It is a bit out of my planned budget but sounded great in the shop...
  6. V

Another Audio Day in Hong Kong...

RGA, where are all these places? I just moved to HK and would love to shop around for a new tube amp here! Cheers
  7. V

Any members in Hong Kong?

I recently relocated to HK. Today am going to check out Audio Space. Any other recommendations on places that sell tube amps? Cheers
  8. V

Hi from Hong Kong!

Thanks! I will check these out. And I already have the visa so will need to get across to Shenzen also.
  9. V

I will give this a shot and report back. Still interested in recomendations for an upgrade.
  10. V

To be honest I have wanted to upgrade and switch to tubes for a while and this is a good excuse!!
  11. V

Hi everyone My amp has died and I am looking for suggestions on something that would fit well within my setup (mainly for playing jazz and rock on vinyl). My budget is $1,000 and I have a preference for tube amplification. Also, I am based in Hong Kong and have seen a fair deal of Chinese tube...
  12. V

Hi from Hong Kong!

Hi everyone! I am located in Hong Kong (originally from Michigan) and joining this forum because I am now in the market for a new amp (will post more details later in another thread). Ever since listening to 12" LPs with my dad growing up I have been a huge fan of audio, and especially vinyl...
Back
Top Bottom