Search results

1. @udi0$lave

Bose 4.2 Series 2 question

I was gifted a pair of these today in great cosmetic shape but 1 is missing a tweeter. I've found 1 on fleabay to replace it, but it's the one that's enclosed in plastic, and the one I need is not enclosed. Can I get the enclosure off? Are they the same specs? This is my first pair of Bose, and...
  2. @udi0$lave

Radioshack speakers new life

Recently did a recap (my first one!), refinish, replaced the grill cloth on a pair of Nova 7b's. I love how they turned out and they sound great. 20181121_073106 by @udi0$lave posted Dec 5, 2018 at 12:13 PM
  3. 20181121_073106

20181121_073106

Nova 7b
  4. @udi0$lave

Show us your bedroom system

Recently changed from the Realistic to a Teac Bedroom by @udi0$lave posted Jun 18, 2018 at 4:01 PM 20181201_163555 by @udi0$lave posted Dec 2, 2018 at 2:00 AM
  5. @udi0$lave

Hello Audiophiles!! New member from Ohio.

Welcome from CLE's west side
  6. @udi0$lave

Realistic Nova 7B..recap?

Ah, might be it. 1 is capped and the other is not.
  7. @udi0$lave

Thanks for the great advice everyone ! I installed the new caps from Parts Express and the sound has improved, though not as amazingly as I'd hoped, but I keep comparing them to my NLA's, so.. Anyway, I've now noticed an intermittent pop at higher volumes, from 2 different receivers. Did I do...
  8. @udi0$lave

OK, I got the 7B replacement caps delivered yesterday. What's the best way to get at the crossover?
  9. @udi0$lave

I've found some 15uF/100v replacement caps. Does the voltage matter as much? The current caps are 50v.
  10. @udi0$lave

So all I need is a cap with the same values as the original?
  11. @udi0$lave

Just picked up a nice pair of Realistic Nova 7B's in great shape. I've tried connecting to both an SX-680 and SX-780, and with both receivers, the high frequencies are not very noticeable and it's very bass-heavy. Would a simple recap fix that issue? I'd like to try my first speaker recap but...
  12. @udi0$lave

Royal Receiver (?)

Does anyone know about this brand and/or model? Asking for a friend. Says it's well-made but can't much info on it. Royal 3000 Receiver by @udi0$lave posted Oct 11, 2018 at 1:21 PM
  13. @udi0$lave

Doom Metal

My friend Sean Saley on drums for Pentagram at Hellfest 2012. Pretty sure they did some shows with Saint Vitus that year.
  14. @udi0$lave

Doom Metal

Definitely Doom! I'm good friends with The Skull's former drummer, who also drummed for Pentagram and Bang.
  15. @udi0$lave

Listen Impossible: A Stone Cellar

My basement looks like something out of Silence Of The Lambs.
  16. @udi0$lave

An Art Piece or everyone needs a what's it

I'm looking for one of these2018-08-30 15_56_04-Presence – Rolling Stone by @udi0$lave posted Aug 30, 2018 at 4:02 PM
  17. @udi0$lave

My first Advents! Need a little advice

Thanks for all the great advice! On a side note, what years were the A4's produced?
  18. @udi0$lave

I don't have a problem trying to DIY but I'd try with some cheap speakers I could toss out/sell for parts if I screwed them up. I don't mind shelling out the cash to have them done properly. I've refoamed but have never recapped and I want these to sound as much like new as possible.
  19. @udi0$lave

Yes, they look decent but I figured if they are getting restored, I'd go all the way. I've purchased old speakers in the past where the surrounds looked fine but started to crumble after just a bit of volume.
  20. @udi0$lave

Picked these up yesterday at an estate sale for $70. They are cosmetically 9/10. Beautiful cabinets! However, one speaker sounds divine, but the other gets nothing from the tweeter and woofer is muffled. I'm going to get them professionally recapped and refoamed to keep them for many years to...
  21. @udi0$lave

Help with a Scott 375R

Wow, I just got one of these units (along with a Sherwood 7110 and Pioneer SX680) all for $50 and my Scott has the same cut in about the same place. Must be a common issue? Any luck with this?
  22. @udi0$lave

KR-4200 - Is this a DC offset issue?

How difficult a fix is this on the 4200?
  23. @udi0$lave

Only does this on the right side
  24. @udi0$lave

I also don't see where to adjust this on the board. Kenwood KR-4200 issue - YouTube by @udi0$lave posted Jul 17, 2018 at 10:38 AM Happens after it warms up for a while.
  25. @udi0$lave

New Guy from Ohio

Welcome from the west side of CLE!
Back
Top Bottom