Search results

1. 2x’s

McIntosh 40 MC40 Can I use KT88 or 6550?

The Tung Sol kt66 new production only pull .9A like the old school GEC kt66. So no issue with current draw. The new Gold Lion is not suitable for the mc240, they pull 1.2A.
  2. 2x’s

Way rad private service!!!

Sarah was contracted to move my mint Chorus from Nashville to Nevada and they showed up perfect! A gentlemen from the Klipsch forum bought them and found her in the Pony express posts. She wrapped them in shrink wrap so no fuzzies from the blankets in the grill, then blankets, then shrink wrap...
  3. 2x’s

7199 replacement?

Awesome! I like a New York strip but sometimes I want brisket!!! That’s why I love tubes so much, a single component can be dressed for a refined hifi dinner or dressed casually for a rack of ribs and a cold drink!!! All love! Bobby2x’s Bobby2x’s
  4. 2x’s

7199 replacement?

Thanks!! 6U8 sounds like a dead ringer if I decide to upgrade! Should I be able to use an adapter so I can pull the 7199’s out to play when I grow bored of the 6U8?
  5. 2x’s

7199 replacement?

. We can build and expand upon the knowledge base and keep all the relevant data on one thread. No doubt! I revive threads with the best intel, in hopes to expand upon that, especially for vintage gear, or older technologies that are hard to find real world experience articles! If a new...
  6. 2x’s

7199 replacement?

I get replies whenever I resurrect, honestly it usually comes with an answer that’s been elusive. I do lots of searching first.
  7. 2x’s

Equalizer with Tubes? Good or Bad?

Sometimes I get really great feedback from someone who went down the rabbit hole. Everyone’s a critic.
  8. 2x’s

Can anyone answer the nature of the signal in the chain with a tube amp? In tube guitar amps you put a booster in front of the tube amp to get it to break up. In Hifi eq boosts we’re talking about are around 10dB, but that’s getting close to getting a tube to break up. Using an eq as a boost...
  9. 2x’s

7199 replacement?

when someone says better I wonder what that means. I quiet like the sound I’m getting, guessing I’ll like the sound of the 6U8’s asswell, I like different flavors!! What are the differences you heard?
  10. 2x’s

Chicago to Nashville?

If you ever are in the neighborhood I’ve always got gear to buy and always looking to swap stuff out to try new stuff! Stop by for a beer and a listen to whatever is in rotation! Rob 615-926-6337
  11. 2x’s

Chicago to Nashville?

Thanks! However it sold. I appreciate the pony up!!!
  12. 2x’s

Couldn’t the bump in eq drive the input tubes to slight euphonics? Like on purpose color the sound slightly with input gain? I’ve seen it done in high end studios, I like sound I get from driving my ST-70 into the edge of distortion,,,fuzzy. I feel like I can get that low volume with some eq...
  13. 2x’s

Hey boss! Congratulations on the Sony! I was looking at it but was far away, if you ever want to...

Hey boss! Congratulations on the Sony! I was looking at it but was far away, if you ever want to sell it let me know, mine died and would love to replace it sometime. It was my first really great sounding reciever!!! I’ve always got something to sell or trader. Feel free to reach out. Enjoy your...
  14. 2x’s

Chicago to Nashville?

There’s a bartender on staff in Nashville for those weary travelers that would take this mission!!! Plus lots of dope audio to calm the spirit after the journey!
  15. 2x’s

I’ll take the 6800 if we could pony express it to Nashville, I had one that took a voltage hit...

I’ll take the 6800 if we could pony express it to Nashville, I had one that took a voltage hit from a storm and went down, loved that amp
  16. 2x’s

Hi, didn’t see any prices on your barter town ad.

Hi, didn’t see any prices on your barter town ad.
  17. 2x’s

My number is (615) 926-6337

My number is (615) 926-6337
  18. 2x’s

Hi, I’m not sure if I’m doing this right I’m interested in the Sony. The old way for barter...

Hi, I’m not sure if I’m doing this right I’m interested in the Sony. The old way for barter town was to reply.
  19. 2x’s

Looking to purchase my first McIntosh!

I have been cruising Audio Classics, they are a little high on used prices, but I like the fact that they tell you the real condition the pieces are in! I think the 252 is set at a price that’s pretty close to what it would fetch if I sold it down the road, I’m just being a little petty, I want...
  20. 2x’s

My original post could have been clearer. I’ve got 2 home theater setups and 2 stereo setups. All will eventually become dream worthy, and are currently satisfying. Which means there’s a lot of ways I can go when upgrading and paying forward cool pieces throughout the 4 setups.
  21. 2x’s

They’re efficient Klipsch Cornwall, but the 252 is an integrated amp without home theater bypass, and I don’t believe it can be used in the home theater. I believe I’d have to just use it in my separate 2 channel setup.
  22. 2x’s

I’m not sure it has the ability to drive the l/r in my home theater.
  23. 2x’s

Should’ve checked that out, kinda makes it a no brainer. I’ll probably be able to sell it for 2900 when it’s time to upgrade!
  24. 2x’s

That is a solid observation, but was hoping someone may have some advice on used gear, like where to buy well priced serviced gear, or if the 7 channel path would even make sense, as in would I get much of that Mac sound by just using a Mac amp with my AVR outs to my nice speaker collection.
  25. 2x’s

So I just love the McIntosh sound, always have! I’ve been on a steady upgrade path for a good 10 years. I think I’m ready to take the plunge. I found an ma252 for $2900 brand newish, store demo. I really liked the way it sounded and at that price I think it would work. However I’m wondering if...
Back
Top Bottom