Search results

1. R

jbjsr A good AK'er to deal with

I recently made a trade with jbjsr for some tubes. They arrived quickly, well packed and as described. Recommended AK'er.
  2. R

Thank you phastrone

Good transaction. Fast shipping. SUT arrived as described. Recommended AK'er.
  3. R

bashman - a good experience buying LP's from this AK'er

I recently bought a couple of records from bashman. The vinyl arrived in beautiful condition and sounds great. Recommended seller!
  4. R

KLH Model Six - unfinished plywood version

I ran across some interesting speakers today for sale in a record store. They are a pair of KLH Model Six in unfinished thick plywood cabinets. The story is that they were salvaged out of an old home that was to be demolished. The speakers had somehow been mounted in a wall of the house...
  5. R

Thank you xrayspex78

I recently purchased a step up transformer from xrayspex78. It was a very good transaction - great communication and the item was very well packed for shipping.
  6. R

brentj4 - great AK'er to deal with

I recently sold a phono pre to brentj4 and everything about the transaction went very well.
  7. R

Thumbs up for dc270

What a great AK'er to work with. Everything about the transaction went smoothly. Highly recommended.
  8. R

The Pretenders on Austin City Limits

This fairly recent taping of The Pretenders has been showing on my local PBS station (KLRU, Austin). IMHO, it is a terrific show. I've seen it twice and look forward to seeing it again.
  9. R

A big thanks to LotusFool

LotusFool had some Pioneer style, speaker plugs he wasn't using and sent them my way. No charge. Much appreciated!
  10. R

byoungman1 - quality tubes

I recently bought a pair of NOS tubes from byoungman1. Beautiful condition and sound. Recommended seller.
  11. R

Beautiful cabinet by dlucy

I recently bought a solid walnut case from dlucy for a HK 330B. A real beauty that dresses up an already pretty receiver. Recommended seller.
  12. R

patfont = high quality work

I've really been enjoying a Harman Kardon 330B that patfont rebuilt and sold to me. Transaction went very well. Buy with confidence.
  13. R

Snow - a good AK'er to buy tubes from.

I bought an assortment of used tubes from Snow during his Memorial Day weekend sale. He shipped them on Tuesday and they are already here in central Texas on Friday, and I'm having a blast rolling tubes in my Budgie phono pre. Thanks Dan!
  14. R

Good transaction with caseyjames

Item exactly as described, super smooth communication, fast delivery. Recommended seller.
  15. R

Vintage audio repair shops in or near Austin, Tx?

I'm looking for recommendations on a shop to take some gear in for repair. Right now, I'm looking for repair, not full restoration. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  16. R

Grado Labs - good service

I had a Grado Red 1 cartridge drop a channel recently. After doing some checking, I came to the conclusion that the problem was with the cartridge and contacted Grado via email. They said to send the cartridge body in. I didn't hear anything back from them for about a week but today, received...
  17. R

Tony Bennett 90th BD special

Pretty good stuff on NBC 8-10 pm Dec 20th
  18. R

Jhamill - two thumbs up!

I recently bought an item from Jhamill through Barter Town. I can't imagine a transaction going any smoother. Highly recommended AK'er.
  19. R

Pretty good deal on DL-301 MkII

Over on eBay - look for vendor: 2juki. No affiliation.
  20. R

Kyndcookie - a good AK'er to buy from

I recently bought a phono pre from Kyndcookie - a very good transaction.
  21. R

MikeT. - a great guy to deal with

I recently sold a phono cartridge to MikeT. Everything went smooth as glass. Thanks Mike!
  22. R

PooreBoy - a good AK'er to buy from

I recently bought a phono cartridge from PooreBoy. Perfect transaction - friendly communication, good packing and super fast shipping. Thanks!
  23. R

Steve Miller Band The Joker Wow!

I've recently rediscovered this album (vinyl). Side 2 in particular sounds really really nice. Someone really knew their stuff when they recorded this one! Are their any other Steve Miller albums that sound this good?
  24. R

Woofers (round version) for Time Windows 1 showed up today

I've been waiting quite awhile for a woofer for my TW1 to show up on eBay. I have one that was ruined by the previous owner's cat. Today, not one but two show up for sale (by different sellers)! I bought one. There should be another still available.
  25. R

Regular Denon DL-103 vs "channel matched" DL-103 - worth the premium?

Hi all, I'm looking to buy a DL-103 LOMC soon. I see that for approx 20% more, I can step up to a channel matched 103. Anyone compared the two? Significant differences? Thanks
Back
Top Bottom