Search results

1. mr_soju

Advent 5002 - Low, rolling distortion hum (left channel) + bonus problem

Hey! Thanks for replying! I actually got it fixed by a professional. There was no way in hell I was going to solder that myself with zero experience and how small the broken terminal was. I brought it to a guy in Chicago called Stereo Rehab. Totally legit repair place and he's (Caspar) been...
  2. mr_soju

Window A/C Unit & Interference with receiver/setup?

Hi. Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm doing some rearranging in my apartment. Right now, my two decks and receiver are sitting on top of an IKEA Expedit. I'd like to move the entire setup 90 degrees to a spot that has a window A/C unit in the middle window. The A/C unit would sit...
  3. mr_soju

Two Turntables, Mixer, Receiver - Set Up Check

I'm wanting to confirm what I've researched and have currently as my setup. Everything that I've read suggests this is the proper way to have this kind of setup without blowing anything up or put too much load on the components. But, I still want to check and this thread can be good for...
  4. mr_soju

Advent dome tweeter wire broke off (pics)

Thanks! I've been pondering this all afternoon and I think I have two options. (1 - Not so fond of) Buying a replacement tweeter with terminals that have easier connections. (2) Bring it to this A/V store in Chicago that's worked on my equipment before. I trust this place. Full stop. He...
  5. mr_soju

Thank you so much! I'll give it a go.
  6. mr_soju

Hey thanks! Can you point me in the right direction for such small plastic fittings via the internet? The small silver terminal on the tweeter is almost flush with the backing plate. There's some room to maneuver, but not much.
  7. mr_soju

Hi. After I re-foamed my Advent 5002s, I was adjusting the stuffing inside the cabinet. Unfortunately, the yellow lead wire from the crossover snapped off the 1" dome tweeter. The connection to the tweeter is baffling to me on how (if possible) I can reconnect the terminal to the tweeter. It...
  8. mr_soju

OK! I'm back with pictures! How would I go about reconnecting?
  9. mr_soju

Yes. Totally. I remember putting the cart on for the first time ever and sweating over those connections. Thanks. Side note, did you take a look at my bonus question at the bottom of my post? The brass rivet in the tweeter terminal (yellow wire) popped out and there's no way to reconnect...
  10. mr_soju

The more I think about this, the more I think it is my TT. I've noticed some serious hum when moving the tonearm, so there's a grounding issue somewhere. I never would have thought this would transfer all the way to the Advent though. I just moved into a new apartment and I've been slowly...
  11. mr_soju

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Even with the AUX, FM, etc. going through the Advent, I get the distortion. However, both channels are clear and work when I run my TT / AUX / Radio through the Pioneer bookshelf. I've tried to narrow it down between the Advent and the Technics. My TT does need to be...
  12. mr_soju

A friend of mine gave me a pair of Advent 5002s that I'm very grateful for.. They needed a refoam and I did that. I hooked everything up and they do work. Refoam a success. However, the left channel is causing this weird, low rolling distortion hum. I can't explain it too well, but the...
Back
Top Bottom