Search results

1. ohmadv

Ahhhhhhhhh! My $10 Infiniti Monitor II a story!!! Pics

Well, just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to help educate me on these speakers! I have one of the two fully functional. And I have to say I’m very impressed. It official I’m a vintage infinity fan! I can’t wait to get the second one up and running. I’m enjoying listening to one...
  2. ohmadv

I glued up the broken wing on the cabinet last night late and it turned out ok. The most visible damge at this point is where the dude smacked it against the door jam and took a chunk out of the front edge. I might play with some dark wood fillers to see if I can make it less noticeable, but...
  3. ohmadv

Yes it is, I only use it on the weekends.... ;)
  4. ohmadv

What do you think about clear nail polish?
  5. ohmadv

I think I got it !!! I removed the break, it was a little less then one wrap around the Vc. I was able to smooth out the winding now I just need to secure it with some adhesive. Temporarily assembled the VC and magnet and have clean sound coming out!
  6. ohmadv

Cornwall restoration project, anyone got anything laying around?

Yeah so I was planning on addressing the crossover issue but also planning on keeping the originals so I could sell as a pair or individually as center channels or something down the road if I get board with them. Idk if I will ever get board of them...
  7. ohmadv

Ok so here we go, I’m about half way done with one. I’m not sure how to fix the break where it is. But I’ll get there. The break is where the winding isn’t uniform around the voice coil. You can see how thin the wire is going into the terminal The cone was originally glued on sort...
  8. ohmadv

Time to get my work bench cleaned off and the solder station out!
  9. ohmadv

I’m pretty handy I just need to know what to look for. Also I have done quite a bit of soldering. So I think it’s defibaly doable. I need to look for a write up on the disaembaly. I’m sure there is one out there.
  10. ohmadv

Let’s just say if they were plug and play it would have been the eqivent of a walk off grand slam in the ninth inning in the 5th game of the World Series.
  11. ohmadv

I got a multi meter and confined that the Walsh tweeters are testing open. :( I guess it’s time to dig into them and see if I can recessetate them
  12. ohmadv

I acquired this (sort of) pair of Klipsch cornwall’s today. With the grills on they look like a matching pair but pull them off and you discover a different story. One is a Cornwall I and the other is a Cornwall II. Both the tweeter horns were replaced with an automotive realistic twin piezo...
  13. ohmadv

Agreed! I really can’t belive I don’t have one! I’ll go buy one today! Thanks for the nudge! I don’t usually need one to buy a tool... lol
  14. ohmadv

I’m 30 so my hearing should be decent enough to hear that high. Or at least feel something... ‍♂️
  15. ohmadv

I’ll Do one more test but the are both not producing any sound as of my last test.
  16. ohmadv

I have the bass driver removed. The mid driver is dead given the broken wire so when I put sound through the main terminals or by contacting the contacts on the Walsh I only get sound out of the main tweeter on the front of the speaker. Glue drying on refoam 1 of 2 for the bass drivers. As we speak
  17. ohmadv

I got sound passing through the Walsh into the other tweeter so I’m expecting that they have good enough contact to play
  18. ohmadv

Yup no sound coming out of those beautiful gold cones... not sure if they are fixable or just totally shot.
  19. ohmadv

Btw I have never seen so much Polly fill in a ported cabinet.
  20. ohmadv

I don’t seem to be getting sound out of the upper cone (Walsh?) tweeters either but I don’t see anything visibly wrong with them from the exterior of the driver. Unfortualy I don’t have a multi meter. Would I damage these by pushing low frequency to them? If I was to pull it and test it by it self?
  21. ohmadv

Does anyone know how to repair the broken wires on the mid bass drivers? I have a nice soldering station but it seems to me they need to be replaced. Thoughts?
  22. ohmadv

Ok so, saw an ad for these speakers and jumped on it right away. They were posted for $100 and I knew they were nice even with a crappy photo. They needed a refoam and I was ok with that. Got there and saw some corosion on the mid and tweeter that concerned me and the guy couldn’t find the rear...
  23. ohmadv

I had to save this oprpahed Nippon Tuny speaker... what have I got myself into

I am pretty sure they are identical. Thank you for this it’s helpful!
  24. ohmadv

I almost think it would make an amazing center channel but I’m not sure I what the cabinet volume should be to aconidate the speaker.
  25. ohmadv

So your saying it is identical to the Lafayette with no material diferences to speak of? If so I could buy one more SK-58 and have a pair.
Back
Top Bottom