Search results

1. 00Robin

Best Looking Receiver of all Time

I had that same Luxman. It is a handsome devil.
  2. 00Robin

Sansui database - Update

SP-1001 9011027 SP-1001 90110256 5000X 811030059 No one noticed these at an estate sale and there they sat in all of their pristine glory. My first Sansui set.
  3. 00Robin

Latest Acquisition: Marantz 2245

Thank you so much for the advice on dropping the Marantz into the cabinet. Are my Altec Lansing Voice of the Theater and Rectilinear speakers low impedance?
  4. 00Robin

Latest Acquisition: Marantz 2245

I picked up a Marantz 2245, a Dual 1218 and a set of gigantic rectilinear speakers yesterday at an estate sale. It even came with the giant plastic bag of every manual, receipt and what have you that came with each thing purchased by the one owner. One odd thing. The walnut cabinet for the...
  5. 00Robin

Need a good audio repair shop in SE Michigan

I know this is quite the ressurrection here, but does this place still operate? Do you know people who sell completely refurbished good old turntables with thick heavy woodbases? I am currently in Grand Blanc MI
  6. 00Robin

Thinking about buying Sony

Sony DOES have that sound, the vintage sound. But every piece I own is vintage and every one of them sounds completely different with every speaker too. Sony was no baloney. Was. I really loved the 30 year old stuff they made. Personally, I WAS a '80's Luxman fan, the BIG GUY, but impedance...
  7. 00Robin

altec model 19's in denver ,do i buy them?

Yeah,what's-his-face-is right? you should be on the road by now. I had to move back after 30 glorious years in Big Horn Population 450. The traffic here,and we live in the boonies out of Detroit,Poniac and Flint,the traffic has gotten so bad I front end totaled my Mom's new car,was in ICU for...
  8. 00Robin

And what in the WORLD is the problem with wives and speakers?? I hate that.
  9. 00Robin

There is a perfect pair in Boston too. The really big ones for $1595,so I'd hit the road to Denver NOW! Go,run,fly,get them...they NEED homes,real homes with people who play them. I WISH I was there,take highway 80(Ithink it's 80),no traffic at all until Cheyenne and,well you know the rest...
  10. 00Robin

Speakers: What do you own?

mmm,forgot, on the way to examine original owner Lancers 101WX marble tops. Leaving right now. 10 minutes away. Could be some pictures if I can figure the digital out.
  11. 00Robin

Speakers: What do you own?

You know what?? My real speakers are Green Altec 604c's in DIY walnut cabs powered by an old Pioneer SX-650....ahhhhhh,beautiful perfection. But I somehow picked up a free trade of some big Realistics(I should look and see what they are,they're tall and big) but those babies DO sound good...
  12. 00Robin

Can anybody ID these headphones?

Looks like the Cadilac emblem of the laurels without the door/key opener inside of it. Motorola is a nah too,I believe....hmmmm:scratch2:
  13. 00Robin

I'd give ANYTHING to be back in Wyoming right now....go,go...Denver's just a quickie and you'll be back with the big guns before you know it. I can "see" the way there if I close my eyes.... Even if I click my ruby reds and say"thre's no place like home"...I'll not be back in the valley of...
  14. 00Robin

Rodent Control

DesLab, so sorry,my comment was more in jest than meant as the rule. They ARE gorgeous. And they do spread out laying down. I only wish the one here was so pretty. We USED to have pretty cats. Miss Kitty is common,calico and a screamer. And I love cats,but this one....I like her. And I'm...
  15. 00Robin

Today's Rock and Roll Playlist

The Moon Is Full ~ Jeff Healy version
  16. 00Robin

Rodent Control

Not to be mean at all,I happen to love cats,but the Bean and Turbo look like they were built for lounging. Not speed. But live mice have been known to get them moving.
  17. 00Robin

Best Looking Receiver of all Time

That black Pioneer is very pretty.....mmmmmmdoes it have blue lights?
  18. 00Robin

Today's JAZZ playlist

James and Lucky Peterson ~ If You Can't Fix It
  19. 00Robin

answer this post with a song phrase/title

My eyes search the sky,desperately for rain, cuz,raindrops will hide the teardrops and no one will ever know,that I'm cryin...so I can go outside. And I know to you. This might sound strange. But I wish it would rain. "People need to know these are not just words on the paper, Roger...
  20. 00Robin

Newbie saying Hi

Oh my God. I want to marry that.
  21. 00Robin

Songs That Make You Cry

Conway and Loretta did one that did it too....'You Know Just What I'd Do' and as corny as it may sound,when Mariah Carey sings "Anytime You Need a Friend" and that giant chorus of black ladies open up and belt it out...wowza!
  22. 00Robin

Songs That Make You Cry

Somewhere Over the Rainbow ~ I can barely type it even. Guess who wants to go home? Emotion in Motion can too. But only because of a moment in time. As the words are incredible about true love as only Stevie Wonder could ever make it into fantastically fantasied.
  23. 00Robin

Ohm Walsh2 find in Detroit

I never ,ever thought i would EVER see anything in a Sally's here...I tried,I really have. Wyoming and Montana had stuff that would blow you away. Those are beautiful! LOVE the wood. I better not give up so easily.
  24. 00Robin

Altec 14's -- cabinet refinishing project

Oh God. The colour is so beautiful I have no words to say...would that be speechless? I would love to run my hands over them ever so lightly just to FEEL them.
  25. 00Robin

Okay, what are the true HI-FI speakers

yes,thank you. I wrote way too much to say I don't want ANY distortion. Especially in the bass. I want to hear that finger thunk the string if I can. I want those horns so crisp I can "see" them dancing or raising them heavenward for that sharp little note. And not in my face,but where they are...
Back
Top Bottom