Search results

1. Fred Sanford

Lets see all them Amplifiers!

Awesome. I'd love to hear that. I'd even bring over my Tycobrahe Parapedal for the occasion. je
  2. Fred Sanford

hjames is awesome!

:thmbsp: je
  3. Fred Sanford

Weird brand amp in a garage... Tycobrahe

They made home hi-fi and pro audio, plus cool guitar effects (I have a Parapedal, and had a Pedalflange). Cool stuff. je
  4. Fred Sanford

Need Desperate Advice on MY JBL L112 Tweeter

If you're comfortable enough with the process, you can swap the tweeters between cabinets, and see if the problem stays with the tweeter, or stays with the cabinet (pointing towards a crossover issue). je
  5. Fred Sanford

JB L40 vs. DCM TimeFrame TF275

If the L40s 033 tweeters are original, intact and working 100% (and only if they're original, intact and working 100%), I'd very swiftly steal that deal out from under you for $30. They're worth probably $80-$100 for the pair. You'd also want to check that the woofers move freely and haven't...
  6. Fred Sanford

:D It was cracked off and VERY poorly repaired when I got it, and at some point opened back up again. I had it repaired again (still kinda low-budget fix, though), it opened back up again. I finally sold it to a friend that was an apprentice to an excellent luthier, and it's probably been...
  7. Fred Sanford

JBL L40 mystery tweeter

Original driver would have been an 033 JBL. Fairly low crossover frequency in that configuration, but they're a good tweeter. je
  8. Fred Sanford

Nice! That same SG model was my first guitar (some time around 1981), but in the wine red: ...the headstock came off it 3 times, so the body/neck got sold off, but the pickups/pots/switch/jack/tuners still live on in my '75 L6S Deluxe: je
  9. Fred Sanford

Crown D75A low low channel

Is there a mono/bridging switch on this model? I forget... je
  10. Fred Sanford

Yamaha P2201 Thoughts

All four of my P2100s had feet on 'em when I got them. I've taken them all off, but they were there when new & highly recommended if they're sitting on a hard surface. je
  11. Fred Sanford

Letting the cat out the bag...

:D http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131780 je
  12. Fred Sanford

Lets See All Them Axes

Very nice! Is that Strat a hardtail? I miss my Jazzmaster (a '62). :worried: je
  13. Fred Sanford

This Thing Gets LOUD

^ See that part you mentioned in your initial post? You're saying that some amps will reproduce dynamics better than others at high output (speakers do the same thing, by the way *), but you're not taking into account that the results of the system NOT reproducing things accurately is that the...
  14. Fred Sanford

This Thing Gets LOUD

Absolutely, although there's still a chance that I'm misunderstanding you, or filling in missing bits with my own parameters. One of the elements not mentioned in your statement is time. One clean amp could peak at a certain SPL reading, where a clipping amp would be closer to averaging at...
  15. Fred Sanford

This Thing Gets LOUD

Frequency response (or lack thereof) between different amps, coupled with which weighting you're using on your SPL meter, could give readings that differ from what you'd expect from simple wattage specs. je
  16. Fred Sanford

This Thing Gets LOUD

I think you're leaving out important bits in your posts...an amp that's not clipping might PEAK at a louder SPL, but an equal amp that is clipping would possibly show a higher AVERAGE SPL. So, it could depend on how things are measured. je
  17. Fred Sanford

Lets See All Them Axes

Thanks for the details & additional pics! That Schaller bridge is the one I use on my L6-S Deluxe as well. I hear you on the the sympathetic ring...I do similar things (especially for studio work) on a few of my guitars, especially any with vibrato bars. je
  18. Fred Sanford

Jbl 4411

The L46 has the 034 tweeter- these have the better 044 tweeters. Nice grab either way. je
  19. Fred Sanford

Lets See All Them Axes

Nice...I'd be right at home there. I especially like the LP Special & Olympic. je
  20. Fred Sanford

Very nice stuff! :thmbsp: Thanks for sharing... je
  21. Fred Sanford

Remagnetize Alnico speakers

Ken at Upland is very friendly & easy to talk to, if you just want info. He (Ken/Edgewound) is a fixture on Lansing Heritage site. Good guy. je
  22. Fred Sanford

Remagnetize Alnico speakers

Another good source: http://www.uplandloudspeaker.com/ je
  23. Fred Sanford

Nakamichi CD players, tell me about them

In my experience (installing & servicing them in homes from ~1985 on) the changers will often eat discs if they're not "parked" properly. Always hit stop & let the machines come to rest before turning them off. All of the perfectly-good Nak CD players I've had (plus the one I still have) came...
  24. Fred Sanford

Lets See All Them Axes

JBLs in that Twin, as well, huh? Nice guitars, nice amps, nice pics. je
  25. Fred Sanford

Snare drums!

Great player, great touch, and the perfect sound for that band. I have a number of LPs and LDs mounted up around my studio walls, and many musicians have come through and questioned why the Knack album is up with all of them...his playing just makes me smile, and serves the songs. Sorry...
Back
Top Bottom