Search results

1. Brunt

Anyone seen these before? - Infinity HCA Hybrid Class A Amps

In terms of non-speaker infinity products, FET preamps and the tonearm are all I've ever seen before. I've seen Klaus's page on these before but never seen any listings for them or anything. I'd love to hear what Nudell and his crew cooked up for amplification back in the '70s, and if the seller...
  2. Brunt

How much is too much for Thiel CS3s?

I wandered into an estate sale the neighborhood over yesterday in search of a new bedframe and stumbled upon a pair of original Thiel CS3s that I was able to get for a song. They aren't perfect and didn't come with the Thiel bass equilizer box. Not really sure why I bought them honestly as I...
  3. Brunt

Electrical Engineer Special

I just picked up a pair of speakers from someone's garage that have been sitting for about 20 years according to the story. He told me that his old room mate, a soon-to-be electrical engineer in college at the time, didn't have the dough to get a nice pair of speakers for himself so he made...
  4. Brunt

DBX Soundfield 10 Worth?

A pair of Soundfield 10s was listed nearby recently and I'm interested but it seems to me like his asking price of $400 is a bit steep. Any input on what a pair of these is actually worth in need of some tlc? (refoam all around, one of the tweeters is dented in and may need replacement...
  5. Brunt

Merlin International Speakers?

Anyone know anything about these? I've managed to find out that these are the 'Signature 4' model from an old Stereophile review of another product of Merlin's. However I can't find anything else about them. I've talked to the current owner and it looks like these were a project of their late...
  6. Brunt

Infinity Column 2s?

A listing just popped up near me for 'Old Pioneer Speakers' but they look like old Infinity Column IIs from the 70s some time but with non-original midrange and tweeter drivers. Unfortunately this is the best picture they have of them, but I'm pretty curious about them. The oldest Infinities...
  7. Brunt

Stumped by Rens

I somewhat recently acquired a pair of Ren 90s for my father who was fairly jealous after I showed him my Sigmas, though some time after handing them over to him he let me know that he thought they were quite underwhelming. I think that his room isn't very speaker friendly (lots of hard surfaces...
  8. Brunt

Kappa 9 VS RSIIa

Hi everyone. I've decided to temporarily retire my Sigmas from my front room to preserve them for when I have a better listening room setup since I'm currently renting and even the best room in the house has several flaws that really prevent the Sigmas from being able to perform at full...
  9. Brunt

Infinity RS-IIa Value

I'm thinking of putting my current primary set of speakers (Infinity IRS Sigmas) into temporary storage in order to better preserve them for when I have a more suitable listening room and amplifier setup as I'm renting now and there isn't really a good place for them. I have a line on a pair of...
  10. Brunt

Magnepan 1.6QR repair question

Hi everyone, I recently picked up a pair of Maggie 1.6QRs that were in dire need of some TLC. I'm currently in the process of regluing the wire loop ends back to the mylar but had a question for anyone that has had experience with Magnepans/their repair in the past. I found after opening up the...
  11. Brunt

Newbie and IRS Sigmas Don't Mix Well

Hi everyone, longtime lurker first time poster here. Let me start off by saying that I'm pretty much a newbie at hi-fi in general. I've been reading around for a while but have very little real world experience with this stuff. Recently I found a deal I couldn't pass up for a pair of Infinity...
Back
Top Bottom