Search results

1. 0Hz

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

I haven't listened to this in a number of years. But its one of my favorites. Performed by the Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra. edit: whoops thought this was the other thread... well, I was listening on my Pioneer S-500X speakers. w/ a PSW10 sub.
  2. 0Hz

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Always liked Spectrum - Brazil, but not really a fan of LaTour's original version of People are still having Sex. Combined they sound great though.
  3. 0Hz

Review: Midea U-Shaped Window Air Conditioners

Just providing an update. I haven't used the two larger units through the rest of the house yet, although they are installed (that's up to the rest of the family). But for the unit in my room, I have to admit I am somewhat underwhelmed or disenchanted with the way some things work. I...
  4. 0Hz

Any advice for photo / negative digitizers

I had considered this, as I do have a DSLR, but it's a little more involved than I want to get imho
  5. 0Hz

I'll check it out. We do have an HP Scanjet G3110 downstairs but I'm not sure how good it is overall. heard its sloooow tho
  6. 0Hz

yeah I've always been interested in those kinds of mini split systems, especially ones that can do multiple rooms. I think Samsung sells a system like that, but its pretty expensive.
  7. 0Hz

here are two videos detailing the relatively easy installation steps, for those wondering.
  8. 0Hz

I recorded a short video to try and show the sound level. I put on some music at what would be a relatively normal listening level, right bout where I would be sitting, if I was just sitting here without anything cranked up. It was a little difficult to get the moving air sound recorded...
  9. 0Hz

Yeah you gotta be careful with window units to make sure they have a slight tilt backwards so the water can drip out the back. The mounting bracket makes it really easy to do this re: the reverse U, I saw that unit as well but its not really compatible with our windows and seems a bit...
  10. 0Hz

Any opinion on the 850 vs 750 ?
  11. 0Hz

TLDR; skip to bottom for final thoughts. I don't usually make threads about this kind of stuff, but holy crap. If anyone uses Window units and hates noise, you really need to check these out. I actually regret not getting in on the indiegogo to get a lower price on multiple units. They...
  12. 0Hz

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't use photoshop (or adobe products) anymore, so that's kind of out. I do have Serif Affinity Photo (even has a raw processing mode) but any work I do on post-processing will probably be done in Capture One, I've seen examples of flipping negatives to get...
  13. 0Hz

I'm looking for something at least in the "prosumer" range. Not cheap chinese stuff... We have thousands of family photos going back to the 80's when my parents were still in college (and a few even older than that) and I think its time I start preserving some of this stuff. I'm not worried...
  14. 0Hz

Coronavirus News -- PLEASE No Politics

I would be interested in those particular questions just out of curiosity. Book titles or any online sources are welcome
  15. 0Hz

I've been anticipating this for a while. I work in retail also, and just today I heard that wal-mart is locking stores out of the ordering system so they can't fill their features. They're already starting to run out at the warehouse level. Not sure how far behind my company will be with...
  16. 0Hz

Recently bought around $150 worth of extra food and some water.. mostly canned goods, and noodles and the like. Been warning friends to do the same. As expected most people are being lazy about it. I don't care if people think I'm being kooky or crazy I'm not stocking up on food because...
  17. 0Hz

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Came across this today. Still not sure how I feel about the whole Remake project but the music is definitely spot on as far as I have listened. Very faithful to the original arrangements, which is good. It's good orchestrated stuff even if you're not into games. Final Fantasy VII...
  18. 0Hz

Jun Fukamachi - Starview HCT-5808 Showed up in my recommends for some reason just now. kind of Interesting
  19. 0Hz

CPU - Heatsink grease ...

Not sure where this nonsense about heatpipe placement came from, but is it a recent rumor/advise ? The only place where it might make a little sense would be on AMD's Ryzen chips because they have hot spots directly under the CPU core packages IIRC. So in that sense, installing your cooler in...
  20. 0Hz

Digital Excitation - Dream Party
  21. 0Hz

A New Monitor To View AK With.

Well. In true burning-a-hole-in-my-pocket fashion, I decided to waffle on the platform upgrade and go for a monitor first. Did not go with the Viewsonic though. Went for a much cheaper solution, which offers a lot of similar features and a few other perks. I managed to get this BenQ...
  22. 0Hz

CPU - Heatsink grease ...

Thermal paste is one of those subjects that there are 1,000 different opinions on 1,000 different ways to do it. In general I don't like to use OEM solutions if I can help it, there are also other things to consider besides raw performance. When I was younger, coming out of my teens into...
  23. 0Hz

What was your first "good" camera?

I never really owned a camera until I decided to buy one of my own, my Nikon D3400. I'd just used hand-me-down / garage sale / whatever cameras usually 35mm or 110mm but never did anything serious with them as I rarely ever took photos or wanted to be in photos growing up. My first...
  24. 0Hz

System F - Out Of The Blue (1999)
  25. 0Hz

Sky Technology - Stars Come Down
Back
Top Bottom