Search results

1. david1111

Does Anyone Have a Tube Amp Driving Kef 107's?

I'm trying to find a better amp to drive my Kef R107's. I currently have an Adcom GFA 555ii, so I've been researching SS amps, but maybe what I'm missing could be found with a tube amp. My current pre is a Conrad Johnson PV-5. I usually listen to CDs thru a Linn Unidisk 1.1, which is beautifully...
  2. david1111

Has Anyone Ever Had a Pair of Patterson Phase 4's

I bought a pair of Paterson Phase 4's about 40 years ago, to go with an Audio Design integrated amp, and they were an excellent sounding speaker. I just wondered if anyone else ended up purchasing a pair. I've never seen them around. Dave
  3. david1111

Need Help with ICs for Tube Pre with 2k ohm Impedance

I have a tube preamp that sounds very good, but it has an output impedance of 2000 ohms. My Adcom 555ii has an input impedance of 100 kohms, so that's not an real issue, but I'd like to move my amp over to between my speakers, and I will need to use my 15 ft BJC ICs to connect them. BJC LC-1...
  4. david1111

Is There a Best Position to Place a Sub with Tower Speakers?

I have a pair of Kef R107's and I've just connected an Energy Encore 8 subwoofer to the amp, and It seems to blend in well. But I would like to try it in other positions to see if the sound improves even more, and I was wondering if anyone has tried different positions, and found some excellent...
  5. david1111

Making Bad Recordings Sound Way Better!

Many of us have always said (myself included) that a poorly produced/recorded performance, or session, is just that, and we can either get used to enjoying it the way it sounds, or pitch it. I've always had a decent digital portion in my system; a Denon transport connected to a Musical Fidelity...
  6. david1111

Jeez, wish I hadda known a CDP upgrade would make such a difference ...

I just installed my newly acquired Linn Unidisk 2.1 CD player, and WOW, it's frickin' amazing. I can't believe how good it sounds in all aspects. I would have upgradedearlier if I had known. It's replacing a Musical Fidelity A3-24 Dac, with a Denon DCM 380 as a transport, and they're connected...
  7. david1111

Does Anyone Collect & Age Wines Before Drinking Them?

Since I began aging wines about 6 years ago, I'm enjoying drinking wines much more. I had always found them to be a bit tart and grapey, and I didn't really like the unresolved tannins drying out my tongue. Now, of course, the tannins, acids, alcohol, oak, and fruit concentration have softened...
  8. david1111

Did anyone else buy a pair of ER-139 ESL speakers in 1975?

I was just doing a little research, and I found out that there were only about 50 sets of ER-139 speakers before they ran out of funds. I guess I was just lucky, to walk into one of the stereo stores I frequented, when they had some there. One short listen, and I couldn't get the deposit cash...
  9. david1111

Listening to the music now, instead of the sys..

Hi, I'm new at AK, and I'm wondering if others have had to specifically train them selves to listen to the music instead of listening to, and mentally critiquing, their system. Like everyone else, I spent a lot of time researching, purchasing, connecting, tube-rolling, and positioning my gear...
  10. david1111

Lurker Unveiled!

Hello everyone. I've just got back into audio in the last year. I got a pair of Kef 107s and a Thorens TD160-V15 IV for a steal, and before I knew it, every spare moment was spent searching and researching, until I had a full system that I could listen to. It's been very enjoyable and...
Back
Top Bottom