Search results

1. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

While checking some voltages, I accidentally shorted the base to the collector on tr702, with my meter. The relay clicked on while they were connected. I'm not sure if that tells me anything.
  2. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

I checked the manual for my meter. It says the continuity test goes to 50 ohms, but I believe that’s a misprint. I tested resistors up to 500 ohms. Everything over 500 was OL.
  3. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

I removed the transistor, but I don't believe my meter is capable of the continuity test that is on the transistor test page. It won't read high enough. I ordered a new transistor when I ordered the resistors for the sb so I soldered the new one in, but there was no change. Still no relay click...
  4. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

Thanks. I'll try to pull it out tomorrow or the next day. You recommended this replacement in an older thread I found. Should I buy this one if I need a replacement? https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fairchild-Semiconductor/KSA473YTU/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMshyDBzk1%2fWi8oN7VHZ91Okl5rkTrk4BBc%3d
  5. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

The were done in circuit as per mbz above. These readings don't look good according to the testing transistors page.
  6. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

For the above readings I used a tutorial I found on google. My meter has a setting with and ohm, a diode, and the audible alert sign. Set to diode I got the voltages above. Using the alert sign I got OL for every reading except e-c. For e-c and c-e I got 280 ohms.
  7. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

These are the readings I got between all the legs. b-e .223v b-c .325v e-b .223v c-b .325v c-e .138v
  8. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

What do you mean by diode check? I have a diode setting on my meter but I've never used it. Using that across the transistor, base to emitter and vice versa, i get 223 millivolts. I'm not sure if I'm dong it right, though.
  9. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

For D719 I have 159 ohms on the cathode side and 0.5 ohms on the anode. For TR702 I have 14.3 vdc on both outer legs. I believe that's the emitter and base. And -5mv on the collector.
  10. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

I started looking at the power supply board and the capacitor board. The two 33 ohm resistors from the service bulletin had desoldered themselves. I resoldered them to see if that would resolve the problem, but it didn’t help. I still plan on ordering parts for the service bulletins and possibly...
  11. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

It was low millivolts. I wrote the numbers down somewhere.
  12. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

I wasn't sure from his wording. It read low either way.
  13. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

I got 3mv across the resistors. For the transistors I got +/-61.5 vdc.
  14. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

I was going to look into them if I had to start removing boards.
  15. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

Thanks for your help. I have errands to run so I'll have to get back to it later. I'm pretty sure the service bulletins have not been done except for number 2 . I soldered the jumper wire in while I had it open for something.
  16. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

yes
  17. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

Yes to technical ability and tools. I just don't have much experience troubleshooting audio equipment. The lamps light up. Tuner meters move when adjusting tuning. No relay clicking when I toggle the coupler switch.
  18. super j

Yamaha CR-2020 no sound

I came home yesterday with some beer and the intent to spend the evening spinning some tunes. No sound output from my receiver. To top that off, I brought out my back up amp, a Yamaha AX-550, and found that it no longer works. A very disappointing friday evening. As for the CR-2020 there is no...
  19. super j

Just picked these up

Image by super j posted May 28, 2016 at 5:54 PM The screen isn't working on the Bell and Howell. From what I've read online this seems to be a fairly common problem. Anyone have any info on this? Bell and Howell IOD-4540 BK Precision 1541 Heathkit IT 3117 tube checker
  20. Image

21. super j

Picked up a nonworking TEAC A-3300SX at Goodwill

Once again, thanks for all of the info. I was able to push the pinch roller up and get everything working. I found this thread with pictures so when I get the time I'll get to work on fixing it. Does anyone know the best place to buy belts cheap? I may look into changing them while I'm inside...
  22. super j

Thanks for the info everyone. Is there any particular grease that I need to use? I'll try to search around. If it's a common problem then there should be some threads on it.
  23. super j

If you're talking about the arm with the black tip on it then that's the same as all of the pics I've looked at. My son was playing with the switches. That's why its not set to tape. I just noticed that the pinch roller isn't moving up when the tape starts.
  24. super j

It's the 4 track model. As far as the speeds it only says high and low. I've tried working the knobs. I do get a little bit of static when I move the output knob so I know the headphone jack is working. What do you mean by tape lifters? Is that the two prongs that are under the heads? If...
  25. super j

I don't really know anything about reel to reels but for $20 bucks I figured I'd pick it up. I may not know much but I do know it's worth more than that even if it doesn't work when I get it home. So of course it didn't work when I got it home. It powers up but I can't get any sound out of it. I...
Back
Top Bottom