Search results

1. j chauvin

Magnepan MG3.5r Break Down

Thanks, BS, but the 3.3 and newer seem to be more of a panel configuration rather than the socks of the MGIII, MGIIIA...
  2. j chauvin

Magnepan MG3.5r Break Down

I recently acquired a pair of MG3.5r. After finding expected rattles, I'd like to see if I can do the repair myself. I'm only interested in a spot fix. If more needs to be done, I'd send them in and will look at that option by calling Magnepan. In the mean time, is there a guide to breaking...
  3. j chauvin

Levinson (Madrigal) No. 2X series faceplate finish

Does anyone know if Levinson face plates from the No. 2X series were anodized or painted? I have some wear and wondering the best avenue to go for restoration. Thx, j
  4. j chauvin

Yet another garage sale find:

A week or so ago, the same people had another garage sale......(two years later).....they still had the LCR 600 center.....this time I bought it....for $5. :) j
  5. j chauvin

Receiver/Turntable in Netflix Gypsy S1:E7 "Euphoria"

Can anyone identify the receiver and turntable in this episode of "Gypsy"? A really good look at it at 24:11 of the episode. Receiver looks 80's and turntable looks 70's. Thanks, j
  6. j chauvin

Harman Kardon T-35/35C

Thanks for the info from you both. Just picked up a T-35 for $5 though a little dirty. (Also got a HK CD91 Cassette Deck and a Pioneer CT-F500 for another $5.) It appears to be in good cosmetic shape. Belt disintegrated and there is no dust cover. Still has a stylus (ortofon 7?)...but...
  7. j chauvin

Harman Kardon T-35/35C

Anybody know the difference between the T-35 and the T-35C? Thanks, j
  8. j chauvin

GR Craigslist: 19 pieces of vintage for $90

19 pieces of vintage audio gear. First $90 takes it all. Lot of 19 Vintage Stereo Components - $90 (Rockford) j (No affiliation)
  9. j chauvin

Revox A700 at "CompRenew" in Grand Rapids, MI

Yes, I've only been to the Division and the 28th St. stores and they both have table tops and outlets for checking any item out. I'm assuming the same is true for the other stores. j
  10. j chauvin

Revox A700 at "CompRenew" in Grand Rapids, MI

CompRenew, a local electronics recycling business (charity?) operates much like a thrift -but it's all electronics: computer, audio, video. They have a large audio and video selection. Some of the components are checked and in "working" condition and are priced accordingly. They also...
  11. j chauvin

Yet another garage sale find:

B&W DM603 S3 Black Ash $75/pair :) I passed on sub and center channel. j
  12. j chauvin

Nice LP Aquisition

Yeah, no....just kidding on the $0.10 per....trying to relive some of the chastisement I got from my last thread. ;) j
  13. j chauvin

Nice LP Aquisition

On the heels of my Nakamichi CDP-2A pick-up a week ago, I stopped at a sale just down the street. Picked up about 20 albums -very nice shape. Lots of Telarc. Mannheim Steamroller Fresh Aire I-V. Philips label Handel's Messiah (Colin Davis). Amadeus soundtrack. Even a nice Virgil Fox...
  14. j chauvin

Nakamichi CDP-2A $5

I think I'm in full agreement with you! j
  15. j chauvin

Nakamichi CDP-2A $5

Condemn: to say in a strong and definite way that someone or something is bad or wrong (merriam-webster.com) Ok, I can see how "condmen" might be too strong a word. I'll change that to "You said in a strong and definite way that [bartering to $5] is bad or wrong." Better? ;) LOL...
  16. j chauvin

Nakamichi CDP-2A $5

Me: "Does the CD player work?" Garage sale lady: "Yes!" Me: "Would you take $5 for it?" GSL: "Yes!" Me: "OK!" Yes. I see now. Absolutely ~dreary~! ;) j
  17. j chauvin

Nakamichi CDP-2A $5

~ Yard Sale Pharisees! That's BRILLIANT! :D j
  18. j chauvin

Nakamichi CDP-2A $5

Thanks! I don't actually plan on selling it -just enjoying it for myself. j
  19. j chauvin

Nakamichi CDP-2A $5

Only when you start condemning others for doing what is normally done at garage sales.... (I will add that at a different garage sale just a few minutes later, I saw an old Sony Watchman for $1. I mentioned to the sellers that, though this cool piece is pretty much useless today, they'd...
  20. j chauvin

Nakamichi CDP-2A $5

Good thing I didn't mention the very nice Nak BX-1 I got for $5 the week before -but that's probably because it needs a new idler... :eek: ...but that wouldn't have been the first $5 BX-1 I bought. And, besides, they didn't even have a price on it -they took my first offer. What a...
  21. j chauvin

Nakamichi CDP-2A $5

Yeah, no, it wasn't a church sale or a charity sale -though in my experience, the price probably would have been marked even less at either of those. It was a good ol' garage sale where haggling is expected. Would I have paid $7? Probably... (Though I do remember one garage sale trying to...
  22. j chauvin

Nakamichi CDP-2A $5

The fact that I'm a member of AudioKARMA aside, I'm not a Buddhist or Hindu and, therefore, I don't believe in Karma (....or "luck" -good or bad- or "fortune" either.) :D j
  23. j chauvin

Nakamichi CDP-2A $5

Garage sale find. Sticker said $7. Bartered for $5. Mint. Transport screws were even put back in with the transport screw "warning" sticker taped to the top. Manual and Remote included. Wooo Hoooo! :banana: j
  24. j chauvin

Symphonic CD-1000 "Rare Audiophile Dream" HURRY!!! (LOL)

Apparently you DO care! ;) j
  25. j chauvin

Symphonic CD-1000 "Rare Audiophile Dream" HURRY!!! (LOL)

Being quite sentimental myself, I have absolutely no problem with a guy buying the first CD player he owned. What I'm laughing at is the guy who's selling it...describing it as an "audiophile dream". The guy selling it could simply post it as "vintage Symphonic CD player" and he probably...
Back
Top Bottom