Search results

1. Squirrel!

An interesting & unique Goodwill find last year

Direct to vinyl, no tape recording. Excellent condition. One of my better vinyl finds at Goodwill. Side 1 played using 2M Blue, side 2 using a 2M Red. The Red was a notable improvement over the sound quality of the Blue with this record.
  2. Squirrel!

Anti-skate setting question

What reason is there for setting the anti-skate to the tracking weight? How does one influence the other?
  3. Squirrel!

How can I tell if the pickup/cartridge is bad? MCS 6502

Went to listen to my daughters setup last night and it still sounds flat. No dynamics to speak of really. To eliminate the MCS 6502 TT, I connected it to my Denon 4311CI with high quality phono preamp & MartinLogan Preface speakers and 2 subwoofers. Flat sound, no dynamics. For reference I...
  4. Squirrel!

2 issues & I need guidance from the experts please

As many MAY recall, I refurbed [cleaned up and replaced burned out light fuses, belts & needle] on my fathers old Kenwood KS-4000R receiver & MCS turntable for my daughters b-day. I bought Yamaha speakers and the system sounds 'o.k.', but not with clarity that I remember it having back in the...
  5. Squirrel!

My Daughters 20th B-day vintage gift(s)

I take great pride in resurrecting these two vintage pieces! They sat, unprotected in my garage for the past 7 years piled on top of other electronics and crap piled on top of that. Prior to that, for the receiver anyway, it hadn't been used for at least 5 years and was in my sisters basement...
  6. Squirrel!

Retro Sanyo TP-626 Refurbing

1st post. Used this forum for a MCS 6502 that I am giving my daughter for her b-day! I thank everyone for their input on that table and hope to find similar help with this one. My issue is quite simple I'm sure but sometimes it is the simplest of tasks that make a project more difficult than...
Back
Top Bottom