Search results

1. caferacer59

currency exchange, arbitrage and globalization.

In my first look into moving to an MC cart, I thought i would share with you the savings that can be had by using the pretty steep decline of the pound against the dollar. I was looking to buy an ania rega cart , standard price in the U.S 895. go to a local UK shop (on line) that ships and...
  2. caferacer59

Tell me its probably a waste of money!!

So. I’ve really upped my game selling a ton of good gear, to fund a new to me system. Ive gone up stream and opposite of what i used to run, which was a pristine sx 750 with some kg4,s. A music hall 1.5 and a pioneer 1011 and a gen one sonus connect from around 2010. That amp and the klipsch...
  3. caferacer59

What piece of equipment do you own that you find so undervalued ...

So just out of curiosity I have a piece or 2 that I like very much that even if I wanted to sell it, the market just wouldnt cooperate. My example is: A 1977 Pioneer SX750. The one that I have is flawless with real aftermarket wood veneer, LED lighting and has gotten tuneups every decade or...
  4. caferacer59

Pioneer turntable

So I have an very nice sx 750 that looks and performs as new, I also have a pioneer 1020 l reel to reel that also looks and performs as new, I am running a music hall 1.5 with. Blue ortophon and it’s just fine. That said I now have bee in my bonnet about getting a period correct late 60/70s...
  5. caferacer59

bartertown

I used to belong to Barter town years ago, I just rejoined, seems completely I posted a wtb for some Bozak mids and Tweeters, but wow seems like participation is way down from what I remember. what happened, just curious, Its only 25 for a year which is a good deal but I was quite surprised at...
  6. caferacer59

Sorta Bozak Urbans

Hello Forum folks. I picked up a pair of Bozaks with home made cabinets. I dragged them home and as expected they aren't singing yet. Very average sound. I have been reading up and hava a couple of questions regarding these guys. 1. the cabs are made of plywood and are filled with fiber...
  7. caferacer59

Headphone out jack

Kind of a lazy question, but hey why not. So on my office system which is a SX-750 and an old Dual 1218 (which i love to no end) and some Klipsch 1.5's. I wanted to add streaming and I had a 15ish year old Sonos play 3, it does not have line level outputs, so I ran a cable from the headphone...
  8. caferacer59

just curious ....

Bought a PAS 3, worked great for about a week of heavy use, now I lose one channel about 80% gone after about an hour of play time, just slowly disappears. Any thoughts, with work I haven't even opened it up yet, but i did have time to write this lazy email.
  9. caferacer59

Getting over your skis with cartridges.....

So, I have an entry level Turntable, a Music Hall 1.5. It came with a *rebranded AT cart called a melody. It was fine and I used it for a year, then I got Ortophon blue and to my pointy little ears it was a good improvement. So my question is, at what point can you go to far with my not...
  10. caferacer59

Why you need a reel to reel!

1. 3 hours of uninterrupted tunes 2. Finding blank tape can be a challenge 3. You need to clean the guides rollers and heads pretty often 4. A good tape, a good source your good! 5. Make friends with your record store and cut a deal to record interesting thing you might not buy. 6. Drink...
  11. caferacer59

help me understand class A

I got back into 2 channel a few years ago, and got started with an sx-750 and a pair of KG-4's I want to upgrade my amplification as I am happy with the Kg's for now (did the crites upgrades xovers and tweets, so I am invested in them) I have an opportunity to buy a system which is called the...
  12. caferacer59

Marantz MA-24 mono amp(s) pair and Marantz SC-22 preamp

I am going to take a look at these three pieces, and was wondering if any one as any experience with them, late 80 early 90 vintage. Class A monoblocks with a line level pre. Looking to upgrade as I just got into 2 channel a couple of years ago, currently running a nicely sorted sx-750 with a...
  13. caferacer59

Possessed tape!

i bought some old Capitol tape. When I tried to use it it won’t play forward. It auto reverses and play in the other direction have about one spin in the intended direction. My deck is fine with all my other tapes Strange. Any comments on this strangeness?
  14. caferacer59

help a new guy.

I have a music hall 1.5 TT and i recently bought an ortophon 2m blue premounted on an ortophon headshell. Tracking weight say 1.8 But set at that the needle is fully compressed to where the body of the stylus was touching the record. I had to back the counter weight completely back to 0, and...
  15. caferacer59

Well this is a surprise

I have a smaller listening room, and my KG4's which is have loved were positioned about 7 feet away from where I listened to them, I have always been fairly happy (the horns on a small selection of music could bug me at times). Last week, I found a great deal on some little kg2's with some very...
  16. caferacer59

keeping it simple

A little push pull 10 watt made by this nice Russian man in B'more, with a music hall 1.5 TT. The EQ is only used as essentially a "loudness switch" when playing at very low volume, otherwise bypassed. Feeding a pair of Klipsch KG4's . 1000 dollar system all in.
  17. caferacer59

Shooting for dumbest question of the day. (i think I'll win)

So the two little nuts that screw on to my left and right speaker posts are both cracked and unbelievably I cannot find them on the interwebs. What the hell are those things called.
  18. caferacer59

Miracord 50HII - need advice

An unfortunate accident (involving kids) resulted in my beloved Miracord crashing to the floor and getting destroyed. I started looking for another and have found a replacement, the guy is far away and I have a buddy picking it up (so no audition), the conversation I had with the seller was...
  19. caferacer59

Anybody by records from Mobile Fidelity.

The talk a good game about their pressings and they have a number on interesting releases.
  20. caferacer59

calling Mr. Biggles

OR others in the know, I have been perusing the bozak threads but i am still a bit confused I have found a pair of Bozak 302-a Mediterraneans that are fairly priced I think. the 302-a are the more desirable models correct? its a 3 way rather than the earlier 2 way I think (havent seen them...
  21. caferacer59

Drooling over some local cornwalls

I have a set of KG 4's that i did the Crites crossovers and tweeter upgrades to upon purchase and i do believe it really settled them down. I went to my local audio place that has a good looking pair of 1982 Cornwalls that have caught my eye. I have the room for them, but the listening space...
  22. caferacer59

switch box recommendation

i want to put my little tube amp back into service and it only as one component input. Any suggestions for a box that will handle my many sources, TT, Reel to Reel, Cassette, CD and sonos connect. Well thats five, so maybe a solid switcher that handles 6. Willing to reasonably pay for solid...
  23. caferacer59

Bozak 300a

I am hoping to go take a look at a pair of Bozaks manufactured in 1963. I am fairly new to vintage 2 channel as some of you know, I bought a pair of KG4s a few months ago and although they have grown on me, i havent totally fallen in love with them. That horn can be fatiguing with my...
  24. caferacer59

basic questions

I just got a Mriacord 50h and A few month before that I got a Dual 1218. Curious, The Dual, is at least 3 times louder than the Miracord, when hooked up to my SX750/Klipsch KG4's what would explain that? Also, the Miracord is filthy, I am going to down load docs from hifi engine, but basic...
  25. caferacer59

My 3 month AK experience.

Over the years I've dipped my toes into a lot of forums depending on what wacky interest has my attention. For a while it was racing road bikes (Honda CBR 600), or old cafe racers, then it was my old Italian sports car and keeping that on the road (currently giving me fits), then I got into...
Back
Top Bottom