Search results

1. Oneoff

Crown XLS 2500 input sensitivity change?

I’m using my musical fidelity A5 pre out as a pre. I know this amp is strong but what’s the benefit of having the option to switch between 0.7 and 1.4V in the newer XLSXX02 models? Using less gain at the amp with home equipment?
  2. Oneoff

Matched with the 0.775V home stereo standard…
  3. Oneoff

Crown XLS 2500 input sensitivity change ?

Hi everyone, I picked up this amp and found out that it doesn’t have the menu option for choosing the 0.775V input sensitivity instead of the 1.4V, (like the newer XLS2502 have). Aimed for home use, testing it to bi-amp my speakers,I prefer to run the amp cooler with enough headroom, low...
  4. Oneoff

Yes, totally agree about the manual. Very limited. And yes this isn’t the end of the world but it would be nice to to have it matched, especially if perhaps it’s a small DIY job like resistors swap. I’ll try to ask in the AK DIY group as well.. Thanks for the input!
  5. Oneoff

Reading what you wrote again, I’m thinking that I’m looking to achieve the opposite of what you got. I’m looking to match the input sensitivity with my preamp (0.775V), so when the gain dial on the amp is low I’ll get more power out, as opposed to my current amp setting That is hard set on 1.4V...
  6. Oneoff

Thanks, I’m using the RCA inputs for my pre.. but these XLR converters alone can do the job? Do you know by how much it decreases the sensitivity?
  7. Oneoff

Hi everyone, I picked up this amp and found out that it doesn’t have the menu option for choosing the 0.775V input sensitivity instead of the 1.4V, (like the newer XLS2502 have). Aimed for home use, testing it to bi-amp my speakers,I prefer to run the amp cooler with enough headroom, low...
  8. Oneoff

JBL L300 components in a restored L200 cabs bass issue

Did you get a different bass response when opening additional port? Was is significantly stronger? what do you mean by flaring? Did you use longer port tube?
  9. Oneoff

Thanks, at this point although everything sounds good to me, I’m pretty sure that something is off, and after seeing nothing strange in my Nelson Pass XO boards (which weren’t built by me), I’m kind of feeling the itch to change everything back to the original XO and see how it’ll effect the...
  10. Oneoff

This is so confusing… if I can read this right (probably not), looks like the original designer inverted the HF in relation to the others and in Nelson pass circuit the horns are inverted in relation to the others?
  11. Oneoff

The fact that it does make a Huge difference might be a sign of something else not right. I totally agree that it is very strange. But for now it’s all working nicely and I’m out of ideas about the source of this oddity . I’ll let it be for now and enjoy my music.
  12. Oneoff

You still get AC but in inverted phase to the original signal. Now the delay between the drivers changed the other way around? Would this affect the sound? I really don’t know why It’s effecting the lower end the most but the difference is night and day. I spent hours and hours testing these...
  13. Oneoff

Strange isn’t it? But logically- Nelson Pass inverted the horns in opposite to the woofers and twitters, so inverting the main input to the XO board will invert these again, which will effect the original design/sound…
  14. Oneoff

I’m happy to say that my issue is solved! Yesterday night, just out of ideas, and with some desperation, I thought- Let’s invert the outs from my amp and see what will happen. Pressed play on a CD, not expecting anything, and… that was it! The bass was just unreal!! So, everything at the...
  15. Oneoff

Yes, the horn is set on “1” while the tweeter is on “4”. Still-the bass is relatively thin with a shorter decay, even when compared to my cheap old jbl 10” speakers. It must be a little better then this…
  16. Oneoff

Should I just order a cheap 8 ohms 15” woofer to check it out against the orig.? What would be a good candidate ?
  17. Oneoff

I went over the Nelson pass XO schematics VS the actual board and all seems legit. I reflowed the solder joints after I got the XO shipped to me. These XO are made by Jantzen Audio with nice components. The low freq. section is quite simple and I found only one difference - the use of one 10R...
  18. Oneoff

Agreed something is wrong…they should impress!
  19. Oneoff

That sucks! But I remember listening to the L300 and even the stock L200, being so impressed with that punchy bass! I mean.. something must be off here
  20. Oneoff

I have no bass and treble adjustments on my amp. It’s a musical fidelity A5 integrated that pushes my smaller 10” JBLs Like a champ with a round punchy bass. It has significant amount of power 250 WPC at 8 ohms (just checked the spec sheet) I don’t have another amp ATM..
  21. Oneoff

Another thought- are these large caps on the low end portion of the XO circuit need time to charge? Maybe days? I’m running these speakers for just few hours of testing while I also unplugged everything a couple of times…
  22. Oneoff

Foam surrounds are very nice and replaced by the previous owner. Everything is clean and looks centered. I will check DC resistance and report back..
  23. Oneoff

So I couldn’t wait and hooked them directly to the amp. While there is a slight improvement, it’s definitely still lacking. : / I will test it more later…
  24. Oneoff

BTW- the previous owner said that these were too ‘boomy’ for his taste. He had all of these components in a cabinet. Judging from the clean physical shape of the woofers I tend to believe that the problem is probably with the xovers. I will try it after work…thank you!
  25. Oneoff

Thanks for the replies! I will pull out the xovers and check again. these were made for bi-amping so I combined the inputs in order to feed it with my amp. The amp is fine. I have small JBLs that plays great. The woofs are moving in with a 1.5 battery as they should. Would it be a good idea to...
Back
Top Bottom