Search results

1. rotobadger

Absolute Positive FeedBack for rotobadger !!!! Excellent Seller !!!

Thanks so much! It’s been an absolute pleasure working with you on this amp!
  2. rotobadger

Apples and Oranges Turntable Comparison Sansui 838 vs. Yamaha YP-701

Decided to do some critical comparisons between my DD table (Sansui SR838) and my belt drive (Yamaha YP-701). To be clear, I absolutely LOVE both tables. And, as mentioned, it’s a bit of an apples and oranges comparison but, man, the YP-701 just shines. Clarity, depth, and “liveliness”...
  3. rotobadger

La Scala Rabbit Hole Need Advice

I’ve posted pics of my restored LS but forgot to update this thread. Crossovers fully recapped with Sonicaps. My wood guy did a GREAT job on the veneer for significantly less than other quotes. These LS are now in top aesthetic condition (audio too). Couldn’t be happier. Thanks for all the...
  4. rotobadger

My Pilot 240 has found it’s way back home after I sold.

I you’re right. The Pilot is a lovely little amp but I think I have the “sound” I want from my other three amps. Especially the AU111.
  5. rotobadger

Funny you should say that because I’ve always felt the same way. I have nothing concrete to base my opinion on but I’ve often wondered if the preamp on many vintage “consumer” integrateds was skimped on.
  6. rotobadger

My Restored La Scala are finally home (before and after pics )

My apologies, I gave you the wrong name. I checked my receipt. Here’a the company that did the work: https://www.limitlesswalls.com/
  7. rotobadger

Well, fortunately, in this case, no detective work needed. I’d traded it to a friend of mine who was interested in my Sansui. Pretty even trade. I have a small local audio friend group and we often try to keep gear “in the family” in case we have buyers remorse or want to offer back to the...
  8. rotobadger

Thanks! A company called “Fresh Prints” will make vinyl adhesive blowups if anything you want. Any size. It was extremely frustrating getting the two panels lined up to make one pic but ultimately it was worth it. My only regret is that I should have gone an extra 1’ X 1’. Slightly larger...
  9. rotobadger

So, I ended up trading my Sansui AU777 to my friend who had my Pilot 240. It’s back home after a year or so. Interestingly, it’s not quite as I remember it. The jury is still out as to whether it’s going to stay with me. I may have become spoiled by my Sansui AU111. Also, I already have a...
  10. rotobadger

If I listen to them at their absolute fullest, my wife will beat me to death with them! :p
  11. rotobadger

First off, thanks for the kind comments! The Altec 19 vs. La Scala story is a bit of a tragedy. I desperately wanted the 19s and had a pair sent by freight. Not cheap. I recapped them and they were absolutely outstanding. I mean, “keep these forever” good. However, once I moved them into...
  12. rotobadger

It is. Absolutely love this amp!
  13. rotobadger

One more pic (proud of these!).
  14. rotobadger

No, a guy in Tempe. VERY reasonable. If you want his info, PM me.
  15. rotobadger

Here you go: https://glveneer.com/
  16. rotobadger

African Mahogany. The pictures the wood company I bought the veneer from showed the veneer a darker and deeper red color. So, it turned out a little lighter than I’d expected but I’m still very happy. And the veneer I bought was reasonably priced. 4’ X 8’ sheets were $75 each. The job needed...
  17. rotobadger

Thanks much! I’m absolutely thrilled with the results. Honestly, I never thought I’d own speakers like these. I sold my Klipsch Forte III to finance the LS. No regrets. The FIII are outstanding speakers but they the LS just hit me perfectly. I love them!
  18. rotobadger

Even better. Crites recapped them and they are clear as glass. A bit bass shy (as we all know) but I can honestly say these are the best speakers I’ve owned (so far…?). Well, I’m working on a bottle of Crown as I listen now so definitely a great way to spend an evening! Thanks!!!
  19. rotobadger

Well, the LS are home! Recapped by Crites and painted and veneered by a local craftsman. Very happy with the results. Before: AFTER:
  20. rotobadger

Recent pick up Harman Kardon Five Twenty

Man, the more I listen to this amp the more impressed I am!
  21. rotobadger

Recent pick up Harman Kardon Five Twenty

Couldn’t pass up on this little amp for $125 locally. Harman Kardon Five Twenty. I’m actually very surprised at how great it sounds. And it’s very cool looking as well. Seems to have plenty of power. Only two grips are a buzzing transformer (I’ll look into it) and only one aux input...
  22. rotobadger

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I really couldn’t live without “record night” for 2 weeks or so!
  23. rotobadger

If anyone is interested, a quick micro review of the C-8. Bass is good and tight. Imaging and stage is decent. Not great but pretty good. Highs can be a tad shrill but not overly so. For $125, a great deal. However, they have demonstrated just how amazing the La Scala are. I miss the wall...
  24. rotobadger

So, while my La Scala are out for an overhaul (paint, veneer, crossovers rebuild), I needed some speakers to listen to while they’re gone. Picked up these Energy Connoisseur C-8 for $125. They’re not even in the same zip code quality-wise as the LS but I’m pretty impressed with them...
Back
Top Bottom