Search results

1. bshorey

Love ‘Em or Hate ‘Em

I've owned K Horns and Heresy's. They both sounded harsh and flat to my ears, but to be fair I had them in a fairly 'bright' environment (tiled/wood floors, et). The buyer of the Heresy's showed up with his own tube amp to audition them, and it transformed them. They sounded much richer to my...
  2. bshorey

Bozak 302-A’s

Bozaks have a very warm and rich sound, I think you'll enjoy them. Look into the crossover rebuilds and mods that are well documented in various places on AK. Those enclosures don't look familiar, they might be some aftermarket thing. It wasn't uncommon back then to buy some nice cabinets and...
  3. bshorey

100,000 even 200,000 mile vehicle club

1972 Alfa Romeo Spider, 120k. 1972 Alfa Romeo Berlina, 120k. 1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 240k. 1987 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde, 150k. 1999 VW Beetle Diesel, 245k.. 2001 Dodge Ram 2500, 145k. I've probably got more. Sold the wifes BMW X3 with 130k miles on it earlier this year. I put most of the miles...
  4. bshorey

Petaluma CA, Free Kenwood silver faced amp, Technics TT, Panasonic..

No affiliation. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/zip/d/petaluma-stereo-equipment/7145573718.html
  5. bshorey

QUAD ESL63 PRO 6S speakers with Gradient subwoofers. - $1500 (foster city)

A good friend is selling a pair of Quad ESL's along with a pair of Gradient subwoofers. He/they are located in Foster City, Ca. 5 years ago I would have been all over this, but having spent way too much time taking apart my own Quads when I had them, and never having been able to cobble a...
  6. bshorey

Anyone else still at work through this Coronavirus pandemic?

I'm blessed to be able to WFH. I've got friends and family in China, so I'm well aware of the severity of this thing, and it's killing me to watch how we're collectively fumbling the ball over here. Small businesses and the people that work in them are kind of screwed, there simply isn't...
  7. bshorey

Check out this butcher job

"Has 10" holes, so if you get some 10" drivers, everyone will think that you have Reference 6s!" As long as you leave the grilles on. And don't play anything on them. bs
  8. bshorey

Marketing. You gotta love it. ($1000 tin can.)

Allowing for the plating, let's call it $5 for the can and $1020 for the brand name. The engraving better be free. bs
  9. bshorey

Speakerlab Khorn copies

$850 for a ratty pair of K-Horns might be right. $850 for a pair of knock offs is too high, even though they're probably every bit as good as the original. Call the guy back in a month or two.. bs
  10. bshorey

Older audiophiles checking out

My family is aware that a lot of my audio and car stuff has value, some of it significant. That said, I'm at the age where I'm facing my own mortality. I've got a lot of sh*t lying around that I'll never get to. at 58, I've set a goal of 65 to have all of my audio and automotive projects...
  11. bshorey

What does "open box" mean to you?

'Open box' to me means the box has been opened for inspection, or something very minimal. What you received should have been described as 'Used, in original packaging'. Hell, I've got 40 year old worn out stuff here I could put back in the box and sell as 'open box' by their definition. bs
  12. bshorey

Tesla Truck revealed and it may be a joke.

Look at trucks like the Ford Raptor. People that buy those things don't care about cargo or towing, they care about performance and maybe off road capabilities. A friend of mine runs a shop out here catering to the off road crowd. People spend tens of thousands of dollars building things that...
  13. bshorey

Tesla Truck revealed and it may be a joke.

There's a reason every other pickup truck out there doesn't look like this - it's fugly! But people bought the Pontiac Aztec, so I'm sure there are some that will love this thing. bs
  14. bshorey

New Cars And Tires

Pro tip - if you really want to know where to set your tire pressures, get yourself a temperature scanner. Drive the car around in some normal use situations, then get some tire temps across the face of the tire (measure the face on the inside, the middle, and the outside). If the temp in the...
  15. bshorey

Magnepan MMG Speaker Pair

For $60, I'd grab them. Everybody should try these at least once! They're generally easy, but time consuming, to repair. bs
  16. bshorey

New Cars And Tires

Over inflating a tire should result in a stiffer sidewall and a harsher ride. bs
  17. bshorey

New Cars And Tires

I'd find another shop. If those tires are near new, then replacing one of them isn't going to hurt anything. I've got two cars with run flats. Was told by one tire shop they can't be repaired if you get a flat. Found another shop that will do it without hesitation, and I've plugged a couple...
  18. bshorey

Wife is mad at me

Sell them, and show her the cash. That's a pretty nice find! bs
  19. bshorey

Watkins Woofer In Kappa 9's?

>Watkins woofers have never been offered in a dual-woofer configuration, AFAIK RS 4.5's had dual Watkins woofers, RS II's may have had them as well. I think there may have been others. Crossover diagrams should be available online. bs
  20. bshorey

Are we ready For it. No we are Not Says Nasa : It's a God-awful small affair To the girl .....

It will be interesting to see what they find. Regardless of what it is, if we're talking about putting a colony there, we're going to affect it. In fact, before I put people there, I'd be thinking of ways to try to launch some kind of algae or something there and see if I could get it to grow...
  21. bshorey

Are curbside triangle speakers better than rectangles?

Those show up in more than a couple 'Top 10 all time Speakers' lists. Nice find! It's rare to see them with the sharp edges not all chipped and mangled. Those were a curb side find? Amazing! bs
  22. bshorey

Advanced Electrodynamic Systems “Cybele” Heli Tube Speakers, What Are These Things?

I'd like to see close ups of whatever that thing is at the top. I'll wager that's the high frequency driver, but I've never seen anything like that before. bs
  23. bshorey

Lost my Mom this week

So sorry to hear this, my condolences. :( bs
  24. bshorey

What would YOU do with a "time capsule" car?

Why the secrecy? A lot of it has to do with the actual car in question. I had a low mileage 1984 Alfa GTV6 willed to me, 1,400 original miles. As soon as one starts driving something like this it loses whatever inherent low mileage value it has. I rarely do car shows, I prefer to drive the...
  25. bshorey

DID I GET SCREWED?

Does it work? bs
Back
Top Bottom