Search results

1. sp58

Console Tube Stereo Receiver, what the heck is it?

This glassfuses are usable to 250 V by standard. The F 6,3A means a Fast blow fuse, i have never seen them used for filaments - filaments are only supported by the main fuse. Fast blow fuses started with the use of solid state semiconductors in the radios. The tubes in this unit all work with...
  2. sp58

Noisy Vinyl Even After Cleaning

Hi, had the same issues with my vinyl - but after 35 years of operating my Thorens TD 160 MK ll it was time for maintenance - adjustment of tonearm bearings and exact adjustment of cartridge- not an easy job ! I wrote about it here in AK -Thorens Owners Club. Then the miracle happens : No more...
  3. sp58

The best beer you ever had

Original Pilsner Urquell from the barrell - it was around 1978 when my boss send me to a technical training for central dictation systems for 4 weeks. The Hotel had 4 stars and all this was payed by Philips. We just have to sign the bill in the name of Philips every evening, i mean someone of...
  4. sp58

Show us your Motorcycles

- So it is and the Honda CJ250T build 1978 now enjoys me - bought 3 month ago - got a complete overhaul. Easy to ride but crying out loud: Here i am coming ! -
  5. sp58

Forget Sound...What Are The Best LOOKING Speakers? (Ever)

Form follows function - German Duevel Planets
  6. sp58

Less bass & depth after crossover recap

Hi, did the same thing with my Spendor Preludes, changed ElytCaps to PolyCaps, wasn´t happy what i heard after my " upgrade " Some years later i go back with LL ( Low Leakage ) ElytCaps from Falconacoustics. After some time of burn in, the sound is very well with ElytCaps. I might say that...
  7. sp58

Yet another Wharfedale W70 crossover thread--HELP!

Hi, these original caps look like electrolytics, there a Alcaps for audio use avaliable at www.falconacoustics.co.uk
  8. sp58

Imaging and Soundstage Discussion

It was yesterday ( sunday ) evening that i had this roomfill effect while listening with my Spendor BC1´s to piano jazz. Feels like the piano was implemented in my room, was amazed and a little bit confused.
  9. sp58

The Spendor Thread..

Hi, the Coles often break by mechanical overload. You made the check with Your ears thats o.k. the Coles are available at falconacoustics.co.uk They can be pulled from the frontside but for disconnecting you can trie to reach the networkboard thru the hole of the Bassdriver. It is recommended to...
  10. sp58

Nakamichi TA 2A, High DC offset

Sorry, Pot change seems not so easy because Your TA2 uses a combinied Volume / Balance Motor-Pot, my R1 just a simple Volume Motor-Pot 2X50K Log. Can´t help here. The Gold plated Speaker relay was in my stock but the pinout was different to Nak, so i pulled the origin and soldered cables, laid...
  11. sp58

Nakamichi TA 2A, High DC offset

Hi, i own the Nakamichi Receiver 1, the circuit design is very close to Your´s. Had also this unbalance problem with mine. The main volume potentiometer was the reason. Just a lowprice part as thick as my thump was installed and the variations between the channels from zero to 10 o´clock were...
  12. sp58

Need service help on Braun receiever

Sorry, i´m not a German Radiotech, just a +++ Büroinformationselektroniker-Meister +++ eat this ! Don´t forget to replace the main Bridge Rectifier, often forgotten in the recap-rush.
  13. sp58

1959 BBC short about the new condition of "Audiophilia"

I am not on facebook but could watch the movie - thanks :thumbsup:
  14. sp58

Does this crossover schematic look okay to you? Not enough tweets.

. Air core inductors don´t come into saturation like iron cores do. It makes sense to use them in the woofers area because 95 % of the energy running in here. Guude
  15. sp58

------Help--------B&W DM4 Tweeters NO SOUND

Make a google search for Your speaker model - but search pictures- if you find photos from inside you can check if your speakers are connected right to the crossovers. My Celestions have DC resistance of 13Ohms but the impedance is 16Ohms. It is recommended to know the difference between DC...
  16. sp58

------Help--------B&W DM4 Tweeters NO SOUND

Hi, this is the same tweeter setup like my Spendor BC1´s . The Coles 4001 Supertweeter often fail, the Celestion HF1300 usually not. Coles 4001 are here: https://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/drive-units-1/coles-4001-drive-units.html If there are Filmcaps in the Crossovers there´s mostly no need for...
  17. sp58

Supercharged - Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DAC

Hi, i own a Xiang Sheng DAC 01A, bought 10 yrs ago direct from China. Mine had a Chi-tube in it which i replaced last yr with a NOS russian 6N3P - military tube, built around 1990. Not only that the sound is much better vs OpAmps or Chitube - the russians offer me that 180 degree stage...
  18. sp58

Braun L810 specs

Copy out of: HiFi Jahrbuch 1972 .
  19. sp58

Luxman M-4000 Mystery Short

This unit use a softstart device, this PB1021 in center. This PB1021 needs a DC Voltage to engage the relay and power up the Unit. So DBT won´t work even with rectifiers pulled.
  20. sp58

Reviving a Nakamichi TA-3A

Hello, i own the Nakamichi Receiver1 and it is Microprozessor controlled. After the change of the Backup Battery the unit wont´t power up, not by remote, not by anything and the power LED shows red. After a reset of the MC-Prozessor - described in the SM- the unit powers up and all works good...
  21. sp58

nordmende globetraveler

I remember well the Globetrotter name and there are some for sale in the German fleabay - but really not cheap ! These ones have FM limited to 104 Mhz, M = AM, L = Longwave, S = Shortwave, Bands = the switch at the right side is active and 11 Shortwave Bands can be selectet. There is no need to...
  22. sp58

What's British in your system?

Nytech CA252 works in my daughters house, Spendor SA1 are gone but now i own Spendor BC1 Germany . My wedding with this brand is described in the Spendor Thread.
  23. sp58

Some inside pictures of real craftsmanship Phono MM Preamp built with selectet separat parts - no IC - sounded better then all my other stuff - inclusive Tubeamp. No scratching from the pots - no recap - just bias adjustment after 20 yrs of running and still sounds amazing.
  24. sp58

Nytech CA252 bought in 1984 together with my Spendor SA1
  25. sp58

Fixing a dead Grundig Satellit 1400

Hi, found this in WWW as a service tip for Grundig satelit 1400: Das Gerät war völlig tot, ließ sich nicht einschalten. Auf der Netzteilplatine hatte die Sicherung 1 A Träge ausgelöst. Ursache war ein Kurschluß des Tantalelkos 2,2µF auf der Netzteilplatine. Dieser kann problemlos auch durch...
Back
Top Bottom