Search results

1. 2N697

What is this?

Looks a lot better. I don't see any lifted traces. My preference is isopropyl alcohol
  2. 2N697

My *New* KA 9100

A few more photos and some updates on progress. Mostly my ordering mistakes holding me back; I am trying to avoid paying any more shipping fees- that is where I blew the budget. I was really tempted to skip working on the power switch, since I had not really observed any issues with it. Since I...
  3. 2N697

What is this?

It's at least worth a gentle but thorough cleaning to see what is under there. It is hard to see how much trace damage there really is. It looks kind of like something got spilled on it long ago; I have seen a lot of industrial boards that looked like that after a mouse made it's way inside.
  4. 2N697

Nakamichi CDP-2A Belt Replacement

Hi Roberge, Since it is just the drawer, it shouldn't have to be very precise, so I would imagine there are a few different ones that will work, so buy a few and try them out. There are some really experienced folks hanging around here that I am sure can help you with this unit. I am glad...
  5. 2N697

Nakamichi CDP-2A Belt Replacement

this old post came up when I read yours: quoting member NBNDTRAIN: Found a Nak CDP-2A at a Goodwill. Was listed at $12.95, but got it for $5 since the drawer would not open. Found the tray belt was stretched, which I understand is quite common. Subbed in a 79 cent 1 & 5/16" OD o-ring and it...
  6. 2N697

Frankenstein 9100

I think this one might have required multiple "Techs"! But it looks like someone took the bait.....
  7. 2N697

My *New* KA 9100

Some photos and comments; I probably still don't have all the parts I need, but I have no one to blame for it; I waited a week for a transistor that I had miscounted on, only to realize I had 20 of them I had purchased back 4 or 5 years ago. Same with Caps- I lost my focus and ordered a...
  8. 2N697

Frankenstein 9100

Does the $450 include all the electrical tape and cardboard?? I say stick a 30A fuse in there and let's finish what was started.
  9. 2N697

My *New* KA 9100

Brief update; Plugging away here…. I am pretty satisfied with the work I have done on the unit itself, but once again, not happy with my performance in the parts procurement process. So I am waiting on what I hope to be the last batch I need to order for this 9100. It is also the first time I...
  10. 2N697

My *New* KA 9100

Some update and comments on the 9100 progress. Probably the thing that has slowed me down the most up until now is just studying this thing and trying to figure out how to work on the various boards without the “collateral damage” of stretched and broken wires, pulling sideways on solder joints...
  11. 2N697

Post a pic of your Electronics Bench

Little niblets of solder wick and some used cotton swabs, maybe a greasy rag for authenticity
  12. 2N697

My *New* KA 9100

Back to work; I am once again officially retired... this time for good unless I run out of money restoring old audio equipment. So the real project, this 9100, is back on the bench. I am working on a parts order, and I have just started in on some component removal. I will post some photos...
  13. 2N697

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Over here its Mushroom Swiss Burgers with vegetables
  14. 2N697

Comfort for sure!
  15. 2N697

AMC CD8 Restoration

hello NG, I haven't been hanging around here much for a couple of years, but i am wondering if you might not be better off posting this in Digital Sources instead of DIY. I know there are a lot of sharp folks who follow that, and i got a quick answer the time i posted. I believe there is a...
  16. 2N697

Anyone doing a garden?

Well, it's time to wrap things up for the year, as the cold temps are coming early for us in SW MO. I finished picking off the remnants of tomatoes and peppers before the freeze and tried to do a little better job of cleaning up things that promote disease. In a way it is sad to see this time...
  17. 2N697

So I blew it up. What exactly did I blow? Technics su-v85a Amp

Hello Simpleton I would be concerned about this occurring when you plugged in the headphones; you think it was a static discharge that caused this, coincidence, the left channel on the jack somehow shorted to ground when you pushed it, or did the additional load of the headphones have something...
  18. 2N697

Mekka da Pizza
  19. 2N697

Baked version of eggplant parmesan, a focaccia baked outdoors in the brick oven, and asparagus from the garden.
  20. 2N697

Skirt steak tacos with guacamole salad
  21. 2N697

Cedar Planked Salmon
  22. 2N697

Quiche and asparagus from the garden. Cheated on the crusts.
  23. 2N697

It's rainy here, so this is as close as I could get to a cookout
  24. 2N697

Mouser shows zero stock yet filled my order

I can’t speak for all companies, but inside the one I work for, there is quite a gap between sales and purchasing. If a customer buys an item, the system removes it from inventory immediately. However the items which are being continuously purchased from outside to replenish stock might be...
Back
Top Bottom