Search results

1. B

Pioneer SX-2500 Disable Protection Circuit

It came out 1971 so its really old :) I don't play it too loud. Volume past 9oclock would trigger the muting. I'm using 8 ohms, not exactly sure the efficiency rating but other smaller amps drive it easily. I'm not aiming for concert level sound. Not sure if its worth refurbing with no guarantee...
  2. B

I read these protection units are overly sensitive even when it was new back then and when a member here disabled it the unit runs with no problem. I guess I'm looking for an easy way out of this without resorting to replacing tons of components :)
  3. B

Hello Folks, I have the Pioneer SX2500. Its a great sounding unit but the protection circuit mutes the sound for a few seconds on loud passages and heavy bass. I understand from previous posts here that a member disabled that circuit with no problems. Can anyone help me identity the feedback...
  4. B

Pioneer SX-2500

Thank you for your time! I will start a new thread.
  5. B

Pioneer SX-2500

Thanks. I dont read schematics but if someone can show me which wires to nip, that would be awesome lol. Its a really great sounding unit aside from that protection unit kicking in on loud passages.
  6. B

Infinity SL-20 tweeter replacement

What replacement tweeter did you end up with? Just got the SL-20s with blown tweeter. Thanks
  7. B

Pioneer SX-2500

How were you able to disable the overload protection? Mine is muting on loud passages like you described. Thanks
  8. B

Sansui QRX-6500 Weak and distorted rear left channel

Well I'll be damned. it is the fuse :). I did not bother to check it the first time because II thought there would be no sound at all if the fuse are blown. Thanks man. Now for the other issue.. when I turn off the receiver, I can hear some sort of crackling noise coming from the front left...
  9. B

thanks tcdriver, 1. What inputs and settings did you try? e.g. Did you try using the AUX inputs? - AUX, Discrete, Tape Monitor all has the same issue 2. Does this problem show up in all modes or just some modes? - All modes 3. Is the Right Surround (back) channel OK? - Rear Right...
  10. B

Hello Folks, I have a Quad Sansui QRX-6500 receiver in cosmetically minty condition. The front channel sounds awesome but the rear left channel is weak and distorted. Any tips on how to troubleshoot and identify the problem? All the pots switches and contacts are already cleaned (deoxed and...
  11. B

Sansui QRX-6500 How to access tuner lamp?

LOL I just found this write up after I did all the work http://www.vintageaudioaddict.com/sansui_qrx6500/sansui_qrx6500.htm
  12. B

I think I got lucky! I discovered that you can just remove the plastic tuner face and have full access to all the lamps. I first removed the black metal bracket, then move tuner dial all the way to the left, then removed the plastic tuner face by sliding it to the right and down. The lamps say...
  13. B

Ok. I'll take another stab at it. Thanks!
  14. B

Hello, Anyone here knows how to get access to the tuner lamps (the lamps that illuminates the green radio station numbers)? I see the lamps are inside a plastic cover which I tried pulling after removing some screws but there's barely enough space to pull it back to even see where the lamps are...
  15. B

Yamaha CR-600

Hello, Any chance you can post detailed instructions for adjusting Bias and DC Offset for someone who only knows basic electronics? Where are the test points and which VR resistors to adjust kind of stuff. Thanks!
  16. B

Need help finding replacement tweeters for JBL 940

Wow xero, did you just pluck those wall of text from the top of your head coz your knowledge is pretty impressive!
  17. B

Thanks xero. I appreciate all your insights. I wish I have your patience! I don't know if I can wait for the TLX-2 to pop up on eBay but I'll keep an eye out!
  18. B

All I'm seeing in fleabay is the TLX-1 for the JBL 82. Looking at both tech sheet, their specs looks the same. http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Technical%20Sheet/JBL82%20ts.pdf http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Technical%20Sheet/JBL940%20ts.pdf Can anyone confirm if the TLX-1 will be...
  19. B

Thanks Xero! Very helpful info. I was wondering why a replacement from PartsExpress is not a good idea? I really liked the sound of this speaker so I'm determined to get it in full working order. Anyhow, I'll see if I can find the TLX-2 tweeter on eBay.
  20. B

If it helps, I found this spec sheet for the 940T (not sure though if its the same as the 940)
  21. B

Hello Peeps, I just got hold of a pair of JBL 940 speakers. They sound great but one tweeter is blown. I tried fleabay but I didn't see anything for the 940s. Anyone here have one lying around? Or can I just buy a replacement from PartsExpress, if so, I need help in selecting a compatible one. TIA!
  22. B

DIY Speaker Plug Connectors for SX 626 727 828 770

Hello Folks, In case you're missing the proprietary speaker connectors for SX 626 727 828 770, a quick and easy solution is to just pound the ends of a banana plug with a hammer until its flat enough to be inserted snug fit into the speaker terminals of the receiver. Saves you $25 bucks from...
  23. B

DC Offset reads 30V!! Need guidance

You guys are geniuses! I didn't know cap coupled amps (whatever that means) need to be tested differently. With both speakers connected, I'm now reading 0 to 1.5 mv. I noticed the speakers thumped when its turned on. I guess its the dc surge? Is that safe on speakers? I'm just worried connecting...
  24. B

DC Offset reads 30V!! Need guidance

Hello Good Fellows of AK, I got a Pioneer SX-2500 receiver that reads 30V on power up! Then the reading would slowly go down and would bottom out to around.520 V after a couple of minutes. After it settled down, I connected my sacrificial speakers and FM Works good (even the auto tuning works)...
Back
Top Bottom