Search results

1. hpkhatri

Simple preamp recommendations

Nakamichi CA-5, just what you are looking for "straight wire with grain".
  2. hpkhatri

Need help in identifying these speakers

Any help appreciated. Thanks, in advance.
  3. hpkhatri

Moscode 300 Hybrid Amp

I own one, got it repaired and upgraded by Stephen Sank. Would do it again, sounds heavenly!
  4. hpkhatri

I was looking for my holy grail, and it was right in there in front of me...Amp selection

I would recommend Stephen Sank, if you are still looking to upgrade/recap it. He did a marvelous job on my 300. Should be a good for another 20 years.
  5. hpkhatri

me too!

me too!
  6. hpkhatri

Yamaha NS-1000 tweeter options

Have used Buyee for Yamaha drivers, worked out pretty inexpensive (even with shipping). Their service, packaging and shipping was great.
  7. hpkhatri

Yamaha NS-1000xw

:beerchug:, happy for you. I recently cooked a NS1000X woofer and had magicmarksy fix it.
  8. hpkhatri

Yamaha NS-1000M - Restore or Part Out?

Worth the $$ and effort in the repair, IMO. I recently had Magicmarksy fix my NS-1000X woofer -- great experience, came back working as it should. Tweeter repairs may be difficult, suggest you buy replacements on that auction site. Selling the mids may be difficult, since they rarely ever die...
  9. hpkhatri

Yamaha Beryllium Mids

Folks, Looking for information and opinions on the Beryllium mids used in the Yamaha NS-1000/2000 speakers from the 70's and 80's. - What are the technical differences - How do they compare sonically - Are they interchangeable (especially from a dimension standpoint) Specifically, looking for...
  10. hpkhatri

Yamaha Beryllium Mids

Folks, Looking for information and opinions on the Beryllium mids used in the Yamaha NS-1000/2000 speakers from the 70's and 80's. - What are the technical differences - How do they compare sonically - Are they interchangeable (especially from a dimension standpoint) Specifically, looking for...
  11. hpkhatri

Tri-Flow for Scratchy Pots

+1 for Tri-Flow
  12. hpkhatri

Cleaning Tube Pins -- De-Oxit or Tri-Flow or ???

Fellow AKers, Wanted to tap the collective knowledge to get your take on this question that has been perplexing me for a while -- what "solution / spray" would you recommend, and is there any preferred process for this cleaning. Thanks in advance.
  13. hpkhatri

New member "Michael"

Welcome to AK, you are among friends passionate about this hobby!
  14. hpkhatri

Need help -- Yamaha NS-1000X Woofer ...

Quick update ... and happy ending ... The epoxy on the voice coil bobbin expanded and bubbled up due to overheating (drove the speakers too hard, too long). Thankfully the voice coil was not cooked. Sent the woofer to Dr Michael Alan Marks, who fixed the epoxy coating, re-aligned the coil and...
  15. hpkhatri

Need help -- Yamaha NS-1000X Woofer ...

One of my woofers on the NS-1000X (woofer model # is JA-3114), came stuck last night. Woofer is distorting, and when I try to push it in, feels sticky. Looking for advice from fellow AKers on how to fix this problem and recommendations on where to get this repaired. Thanks, in advance. HPK
  16. hpkhatri

Help with Sony SS-M3

Just got a pair of SS-M3's in great condition - functionally great, but cosmetically roughed up a bit. I am planning to refinish the veneer and redo the grills, which will require removing the drivers. Anything I should look for/update while the drivers are out? Also, I am looking to...
  17. hpkhatri

Pics of your listening space

Basement Home Theater + Audio Listening Area Sorry for the crazy panoramic print, phone pics stiched unevenly Blu-ray and DAC: Oppo 103D Processor: Onkyo PR-SC5509 Amps: Nakamichi PA5-AII; Adcom 535 and 2535 Speakers: Main-- Yamaha NS-1000x, Center and Rears-- Yamaha NS500 Sub-woofer...
  18. hpkhatri

AKG 701 Disassembly

This should help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20VRAznJzgw
  19. hpkhatri

Speakers for a new vintage system

DCM Time Piece
  20. hpkhatri

Budding Audiophile from Los Angeles

Welcome to the party!
  21. hpkhatri

Miller & Kreisel MX-200 Subwoofer

Seller finally agreed to $325, picked it up over the weekend. Will set it up in the next couple of weeks.
  22. hpkhatri

Seller wants $600, which I feel is on the high side.
  23. hpkhatri

Folks, Looking for opinions on the M&K MX200 sub-woofer. I have the opportunity to buy one (seller claims its in good shape, despite its age -- 14 years), what should I pay for this? Thanks, in advance HPK
Back
Top Bottom