Search results

1. Ograv

Realistic TM-152 AM Stereo SM

Thanx for suggestions. I've been there & checked the non-obvious links also hoping that it was mis-characterized. No luck. My friend just bought one & he said he has the schematic. Guess that will do for now. - Bob
  2. Ograv

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

No thumps- just a low level hum (maybe 60hz) that crescendos & fades away in about a second or two. While I was in there, I replaced the main & secondary PS caps with audio grade Nichicons. These changes did not affect the start up hum. Maybe all 3020PE's do/did this. Amp sounds great otherwise.
  3. Ograv

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

I have a NAD 3220PE & recently set it's offset. Originally, it was at 16mV on both channels. Not bad for a 10 year old amp. But when I measure it's dc offset or "center" as NAD calls it upon turn on, it is over 100mV & then as it warms up, it quickly settles down to ~1mV on both channels. I...
  4. Ograv

Tandberg Help

1. No gold Frakos. 2. I haven't located that un-named switch, yet. Nor could I find the 2nd C372 shown or it's equivalent on the board. There is only one C372 on the board, which is clearly delineated by a rectangle, silk screened on the board & no where else. I am surprised at how many...
  5. Ograv

Tandberg Help

John- Thanx for the quick reply. The rail measures 24.85DCV & the ripple is 0.2mV. Pretty clean. Measured w/a fluke 189 that has an awesome mv display. I agree with your IC switch assessment in that it may not be actively involved in the source switching. I checked every decent sized cap on...
  6. Ograv

Tandberg Help

Hi TB geeks and anyone else who wants to weigh in, I bought a TR3030 for 15 bucks on Craigslist. Guy also threw in an ice cold coke (really). It’s got rack handles & those funky presets, how could I lose? Anyway, it was pretty messed up & abused. I have it working pretty good now after...
  7. Ograv

Realistic TM-152 AM Stereo SM

Hi All, Just bought one of these little "beauties". Still has the "Walnut Grain Vinyl Veneer" sticker on the side, lest some one gets fooled. It actually tunes the CQUAM stereo station CFCO in Canada at 630kHz quite good. I am looking for a service manual for it & I am willing to pay a...
Back
Top Bottom