Search results

1. Glenn Martin

Pics of your listening space

I had an AR Turntable back around 1970. I'm so sorry I sold it. You could bang on the cabinet it was mounted on and it wouldn't skip a beat.
  2. Glenn Martin

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

The room is 10' x 10' so I had to set it up where I'm sitting farthest from the speakers. I may end up setting the system in my bedroom (20' x 15') in the future. I'm sure it would sound much better there.
  3. Glenn Martin

saggy, I've had tube amps since the mid-1960's when my father bought me a used 1950's Bogen DB130 30 watt mono amp and a pair of University 8" coax drivers mounted in cabinets he made. The turntable was a Garrard. Can't remember the model. I was probably 14 at the time. My next amps were a...
  4. Glenn Martin

It gets hot like any other tube amp, but there's plenty of room above, and yes, the back is open. I've had this amp since 2005. It's been 100% reliable. I've been using Mullard EL34's in it. I find they sound better than KT-88's. The 12AX7's and 12AU7's are Mullards as well
  5. Glenn Martin

Lets See All Them Axes

Thanks! Yes that's a Kramer DMZ 5000 I bought new in 1979
  6. Glenn Martin

I like them both to be honest. The Woo is connected to my CD player while the Schiit is connected to my Mac Mini via a Schiit Modi DAC. Both sound great. All my audio files on the mac are FLAC files. BTW, I'm 66 and my hearing isn't as sharp as it used to be. That being said, I'd say I prefer...
  7. Glenn Martin

Bedside System: Woo Audio WA6, Schiit Audio Asgard (First Gen) Headphone Amplifiers, Denon AHD2000, Beyerdynamic (250 Ohm) Headphones, and a Cambridge Audio Azur 550C CD Player.
  8. Glenn Martin

Lets See All Them Axes

Here's my setup
  9. Glenn Martin

System is a PrimaLuna Prologue 2 Integrated Amp, B&W 603 Series 3 Loudspeakers, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C CD Player, Music Hall MMF 2.1 Turntable w/ a Shure M97xE Cartridge, Kenwood KT-7001 Tuner, and a Parasound PHP-850 Pre-Amp utilizing its phono input.
Back
Top Bottom