Search results

1. Lou G

Post your photography!!

Curious marmot.
  2. Lou G

Ultrasonic Cleaner? "get off the fence"

In my ultrasonic cleaner, which I built, I typically cleaned 8 to 10 records at a time. I found no difference in cleaning efficiency between a single record and those spaced as close as 1/2 inch apart.
  3. Lou G

Post your photography!!

Dream Lake with Halletts Peak in the background, Rocky Mt NP.
  4. Lou G

Landscapes

The Maroon Bells, White River National Forest, CO.
  5. Lou G

Landscapes

Talkeetna Mountains, Alaska
  6. Lou G

Post your photography!!

Rialto Beach, Olympic NP.
  7. Lou G

Cleaning Records

An ultrasonic cleaner with distilled water and proper surfactant is the best way to clean vinyl records.
  8. Lou G

Post your photography!!

Talkeetna Mountains Alaska.
  9. Lou G

Post your photography!!

Fourth Lake from Rocky Mountain in the Adirondacks.
  10. Lou G

need suggestion on improving my stereo system

Like I said previously, I have not heard the Triangles but from the reviews that I read, I would think that the KEFs would exhibit a smoother, warmer presentation compared to the Triangles. The titanium dome horn-loaded tweeter may be the reason for the Triangles sounding bright to you. Metal...
  11. Lou G

A 30 watt amp will not do the KEFs justice. They really open up with high power/current amps. I would recommend a minimum of 100 watts.
  12. Lou G

I haven’t heard the Triangle speakers so I can’t comment on them. Regarding the KEF Reference Model One, it is one of my favorite KEF speakers. In my opinion, the KEF Reference series from the mid to late 90s are some of KEF’s best speakers. I prefer their sound to the B&W. However, your...
  13. Lou G

Questions about speaker placement and possibility of using different speakers in the same location.

The thicker computer mouse pads work well and are inexpensive.
  14. Lou G

Post your photography!!

Hurricane Hill Trail, Olympic NP.
  15. Lou G

Post your photography!!

Mt Rainier from the Tipsoo Lake trail.
  16. Lou G

Post your photography!!

Excellent shot. How did you get that closeup.
  17. Lou G

Post your photography!!

Mt Rainier, one of my favorite NPs. This was taken on the way to the Sunrise Visitor center
  18. Lou G

Post your photography!!

Blue Lake, North Cascades NP.
  19. Lou G

Post your photography!!

Blue Lake Trail, North Cascades NP.
  20. Lou G

Post your photography!!

1927 Chevy Depot Wagon, often referred to as a "Woody Huckster". At the front entrance of Disney's Beach Club Resort.
  21. Lou G

Post your photography!!

Epcot Disney World Florida
  22. Lou G

95% of my records were purchased new and the ultrasonic cleaner improved the SQ on all of them. Some were subtle but most were a significant improvement. My best records which exhibited subtle improvement were my Sheffield Lab Direct to Disc and Nautilus Super Disc recordings.
  23. Lou G

The RPMs don’t matter for the exposure time in the bath. About 1/3 of the record is in the bath at any given time. So it takes 3 minutes for an effective 1 minute exposure for the whole record. So every 3 minutes corresponds to 1 minute of exposure.
  24. Lou G

The ultrasonic bath was just run at room temperature for this set of experiments. it Is well known that heat will accelerate diffusion of additives from the bulk to the surface of polymers. Of course significant localized heating can occur in an ultrasonic bath. It is this localized heating that...
  25. Lou G

I noticed that many people on this forum use longer cleaning times than I would recommend. In my experiments, I found that longer than a few minutes exposure in the ultrasonic bath had little beneficial effect on the overall cleaning process and the possibility of a detrimental effect. Most of...
Back
Top Bottom