Search results

1. A

Realistic Mach 2 restoration

Thank you for making this post. Im taking my first ever crack at restoring speakers. Starting with a majestic pair of near perfect Mach 2. There is so much going on in these posts that 3 days later that I flat out still don't understand. My dad made it clear that he will be buying these from me...
  2. A

My first Complete restoration. - Realistic Mach 2. Teachers WELCOME

Ive never been much of a forum goer. Purpose for this is to learn anything from proper forum etiquette to any technicals you guys may share with me. Thank you. Initial photos are of random pictures that I took before deciding to do this. Thus far, I have just completed reforming the two 15"...
  3. A

New player working on a Concept 5.5

Thank you for the direction. weve taken your advice as well as studying the schematic ( both 5.5 and 6.5 ) and have ofcourse found a bad transistor. we stopped there to determine a replacement and quickly found out that its time to learn how these replacements are chosen. our next goal is to not...
  4. A

Just got the damaged amplification section out. Looks like it’s time to once and for all find a prefered cleaner. I don’t have a solid theory on why this 2SD388 Q77 burnt up the way it did. Next update will be that. In the meantime I see a good opportunity to practice drawing schematics and...
  5. A

Reserved
  6. A

hello and thanks for your interest in my post :) I’m hoping to successfully start a conversation about this unit for the purpose of learning from you. Please do not limit any wisdom you may offer. Even if it doesn’t necessarily strictly be related to a concept 5.5 if it can help me understand...
  7. A

Altec Valencia crossover (AS 101)

edit: mission accomplished
  8. A

Short and sweet. STV-4H diode request

thanks for the tip about ebay. i had checked probably as close to as they were being listed wouldnt have looked again for a while yet. paul. im not sure if theyre the same or not but i would be interested in going ahead and getting them. im sure they will come in handy at some point on our...
  9. A

Short and sweet. STV-4H diode request

hello. I’m sorry for dual posting my introduction and diode request a week or so ago. I’m not trying to cause any extra work on my behalf. I’m sorrry. I did get a whole lot more of a welcome than I ever expected. Thank you guys for that. Are there any 4H diodes for sale anymore? Im thinking...
  10. A

Introducing myself

Thank you guys for the response! I couldn’t find my post at first and found a little time today. I can see why it was moved. I didn’t really expect a warm welcome so I introduced myself in the post I was hoping to find a couple diodes with. Happy to see that I was wrong and do feel welcome...
  11. A

Introducing myself

im not good at forums and most people find me awkward. I love this place and want to get out of my shell. I’m a lifelong learner and I’ve recently committed to becoming the best engineer of electronics that I can teach myself to be. Not just out of interest; I want to make a career of...
  12. A

Hi all. Just here to learn music and STEM is life right now

ya i feel that way too. i figured it would be good to get you guys to engage with me. i really hope to find a mentor. sorta my secret reason for signing up! never been an active forum goer until now
  13. A

Akai Who Has It

I have an Akai AM-A402. Its broken right now but something seems special about it. or at least the older ones? as far as 80s products go i like this one alot. im absolutely most interested in the fact that it has a DC servo amp? is this anything like infinity's servo controlled subwoofers?
  14. A

thanks and thanks for being a badass marine canoneer! my dad is a marine 0311 vietnam vet.
  15. A

hi again :) as the subject says im here to learn. we love music and were using it to engage us and the kids in STEM(science tech engineering and math). I suppose you could loosely say that if all remains moving forward we will learn from troubleshooting on-to, as we mature, build our own double...
Back
Top Bottom