Search results

1. Klaatu561

Marantz 4270 Question

Hey Omega, Do you have any pictures of the finished Formica product? I have a vintage turntable this was done over plastic and it looks amazing. I have a few Marantz in the closet that look great but would be cool to give it a try. Raven
  2. Klaatu561

Remote speakers

I am using a Marantz 2270 and JBL L Century 100 speakers. I am thinking about adding my set of JBL 4401 (I am aware they are 60 watts max) as remote speakers playing all 4 at one time. Will the remote set stress the amplifier? Thank you in advance.
  3. Klaatu561

Your Favorite Middle-Range Receivers/Int Amps

I have picture of me next to my Sansui AU-555A and Radio Shack Electrostatic speakers back in the early 1970. To date it is the best sounding amplifier I have owned next to my Marantz 2270. I just bought a Marantz 2220 (not B) that I am shocked by how good it sounds. I would say the Sansui and...
  4. Klaatu561

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

That African Padauk veneer is beautiful. Even my interior decorator would approve. As for the 2275. I actually like mine better than my 2270. But my favorite pound for pound is my 2226 (not B). Most every time I listen to it I am in disbelief.
  5. Klaatu561

Marantz 2226 (not B)

Wow! I took your advice and opened it up. My first project was a 4270-ahhhhh. In retrospect I would have been better served starting with this one rather than jumping off from the deep end. I see the 2226 even has a few IC's. This thing will be a breeze (that's what I always say just before...
  6. Klaatu561

Marantz 2226 (not B)

I have been tinkering with Marantz receivers for a few years and have worked on many models. I took a Marantz 2226 in trade because the guy was a little short $$ when buying a 4270 and so I left it on the shelf thinking it is a smaller unit so I will look at it when I get to it. A while back I...
  7. Klaatu561

most creative album covers

Roger Dean was very good.
  8. Klaatu561

most creative album covers

The quality is a little rough but this is an LP I have. One must look close to get the idea.
  9. Klaatu561

3 3/4 Reel VS. Vinyl VS. 7 1/2 Reel

I’ll check it out but am pleased with the system I have. Like I said, I have not been impressed with Dolby in the past.
  10. Klaatu561

As I spend time adding new leaders to some of my reel to reels I am pondering why they are my favorite format. Here are my thoughts: They are analog and very good quality sounding as much to the way the artist(s) intended it to sound unlike streaming or the like where one gets a digitally "blah"...
  11. Klaatu561

I have to say I have never tried (or heard of) an external dolby unit. I guess I just use what is on the unit, my ears, and the spec sheets I have seen (which often don't match). If I get any older it won't be an issue. Won't hear it anyway. ha
  12. Klaatu561

You mention Dolby. I always thought Dolby sounded like it shaved the highs off and some of the low end. Never my favorite and I still try to avoid anything Dolby. Perhaps someone could help me to understand the advantage. I will take a little hiss over losing the high end anyday. Then again the...
  13. Klaatu561

I agree. Im OG ha! Not even auto reverse here. Have to think about flipping the reels.
  14. Klaatu561

As i sit listening to my vintage Reel to Reel Motown Reel it really takes me back to the day. Objectively, I have to say that it is the entire package and not the quality. It take me to the place where I was at that point and time of my life. Is quality is important, yes of course but the...
  15. Klaatu561

Yep, wasn't paying attention and accidently bought a Russian Federation Reel. Have not listened to it. Figured if the tape was the quality of the box it would be a waste of music time.
  16. Klaatu561

I play digital, streaming, 8-track, cassette, vinyl, cd and reel to reel. Reel to Reel 7 1/2 than 3/34 hands down!. No comparison on my system.
  17. Klaatu561

Marantz Service Manual error thread

Well not sure this paste is of much use and probably something you already know. I am almost sure someone out here will know. The question was (research)-- Can I use a higher capacitance but the same voltage capacitor in my speedometer cluster gauge? Like a 10 uF 25 volt capacitor replacing a...
  18. Klaatu561

Marantz Service Manual error thread

Yikes- That's one for the Marantz Gurus. Same voltage?
  19. Klaatu561

NIKKA CASTAGNA 8 TRACK

Any recommendations for an 8 track player for my Marantz 2270? Just think of it more as a novelty piece and just play it for the curious. I guess I would like to have an 8 track and cassette. With that being said I don't want junk.
  20. Klaatu561

Marantz 2275 Possessed FM Tuning Meter - Voodoo?

I was told by an old Cajun voodoo priestess that if you sprinkle antler dust on it and spin in a circle three times while chanting "static be gone" at the top of your lungs the problem will be gone. She did emphasizing that if you spin around 4 times that it will throw your FM tuning off so...
  21. Klaatu561

2240 Restoration Journey!

I guess what I was asking is about the FM Meter and Signal Strength Meter vellum. It seems one must take it apart to replace it. I can get the bulbs etc it is the pesky vellum in the mentioned meters I can't get too. Thank you for your help.
  22. Klaatu561

2240 Restoration Journey!

How did you replace the vellum tuner? I'm trying to figure out the path of least resistance getting to them.
  23. Klaatu561

Great Marantz tool

must be small to fit inside the bulb cage but I'm for what ever works.
  24. Klaatu561

Great Marantz tool

I found these on Amz. Perfect for gripping those pesky bulbs in a Marantz light cage when replacing them. I did have to grind down the edges a little to get them to fit in the cage but is a real time saver ( and aggravation saver) . I used a Dremel.
  25. Klaatu561

My new vintage speaker stands. And You?

Multi-purpose- perfect!
Back
Top Bottom