Search results

1. Citation-Fan

Whats wrong with the balance on my HK 990 Vxi

But the 880VXi is as old as the 990. Have similar problem with the balance and Volume pots of my Citation Receiver, sometimes one channel is bit louder then the other, the volume control seems a bit exausted. What a wonder some 35 years of use later... But there is no way to find a matching...
  2. Citation-Fan

So I was bench testing a receiver...

Harman Kardon HK670 Receiver: 90W/8 130W/4
  3. Citation-Fan

Roaring Sound from Nikko Solid-State Stereo Amplifier

Maybe the voicecoil off one off your speakers are damaged?
  4. Citation-Fan

Harman Kardon Citation Eleven Restoration!

@Raccoon1400: Is it your Citation Receiver in your Avatar? Nice gear!
  5. Citation-Fan

Powersupply Caps upsiddown

I mean the most amps have caps bolted upsidedown.
  6. Citation-Fan

Yes, have read this few weeks ago in an pdf from german cap manufacteurer F&T(Fischer u. Tausche). In that prospect looking for wanting caps with the right dimensions and capacity/voltage plus low ESR, BUT: no one nor four on stock!
  7. Citation-Fan

In my Citation Receiver the caps are orginaly stick with the connector upside down, but some cap manufacturer dont allow this direction for their products. What is the right direction? What will/can happen?
  8. Citation-Fan

Best speaker match for Harman Kardon 730 twin powered

In no case use 4 Ohm speakers! The old hk stuff and alot other stuff from the 70th dont like impedance under 5 Ohm!
  9. Citation-Fan

My surprising test results: high end 80s CD player vs modern low end DVD player

From my view the Denon DCD 3560, a 20bit Player, is just one underated CD-Player from 1990! I use it since early 90th, and must say I take no care of another CD- or any other DVD/SACD Player cause its sound is very satisfiying! Some mods in the early 2000th: build in a low jitter clock and...
  10. Citation-Fan

Was looking for some new Powersupply Caps

I will hope so! The 33.000/50V is some unique cap design with its dimension 36x 115mm and without bolt. Nowadays such high caps doesnt fit a lot of stuff. Maybe thats the reason why they are so cheap?
  11. Citation-Fan

Is it possible that these are chinese copycats?
  12. Citation-Fan

for my Citation Receiver for quite a while now, yesterday I found some really interisting ones (a quartett) in US Ebay (Iam from europe) for a very good price and they have matching dimensions: http://www.ebay.de/itm/171168865378?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 What do...
  13. Citation-Fan

Coolest Gear Photography

A scala
  14. Citation-Fan

quality vintage receivers?

Have anyone arround here heard any ugly sounding Receiver or other gear from the seventies? If gear from that age is faultless then it will sound surprisingly good!
  15. Citation-Fan

The greatest amps circa 1977-80?

My favourite from 70ties THE Citation Receiver!
  16. Citation-Fan

That model you've had the longest....

27years ago I bought a used harman kardon HK670 Receiver, I use sometime, but my daily used Receiver is the Citation, now for 12years every day about 10hours. O well I forget to mention my Denon DCD 3560, still in use since 95, and my Dynaudio D260 Esotec tweeters in DIY speakers since 88.
  17. Citation-Fan

Amended list of 150+ wpc receivers!

Whats about hk´s Citation Receiver Does anybody mention this 30kg tank?
  18. Citation-Fan

Denon 3520 vs Denon 3560

This thread is old, but I want to tell that my DCD3560 I have since 1995, is quite a very good CD-Player. Over long time I tested it against Marantz CD10, CD11, CEC Beltdrive with AUDIONET DAC, MissionDAD5 /DAC5, DCD2700 and 3000, all that other Players are gone, the 3560 stay till end of...
  19. Citation-Fan

Dual TTs: What's the charm?

Wanna show what have done with a lonely EDS1000-2 I love the old DUALs too, but I allways wondered how will sound a EDS1000 Motor (from DualCS721) with Linn LP12 inner+outerplatter in DIY plinth with a newer tonearm like Origin Live Encounter Mk3 with AT-ML180 cart. So I build it up. I can now...
  20. Citation-Fan

Panasonic...

And now some completly different ... from Panasonic: My very nice riding professional Leightweight:
  21. Citation-Fan

True underdog receivers

Harman Kardon HK630 for me its in some ways equal to the sound of my Citation Receiver! But not as dynamically... and the build quality is equal too. Its a real TWIN-Power Design! Not like the later Hk670!
  22. Citation-Fan

Looking for a nice h/k T-403

Anyone? The Ctation 18, another nice peace of gear, gets to expensive... there actually are two on german ebay one´s for 400, the other one for 600Eur!
  23. Citation-Fan

h/k Citation 17S pics?

Maybe you kill me... but please bobrown14, can you post an other pic from the open hole underside? I like to see the wiring and the description of the bindingposts. I will thank you a lot!
  24. Citation-Fan

h/k Citation 17S pics?

Thank you very much for this three pics, Bob! I love the look of the 17S! Here you find some pics of my 17teen:
  25. Citation-Fan

h/k Citation 17S pics?

Hi, need a pic from above, the hole inside with all inner component. Have too the Citation 17 with EQ and wondering what difference is between 17 and 17S. Just catch a ServiceManual of the 17S, but there are no hardware view in it. There are no differences between Phonopre- and MainPre, all...
Back
Top Bottom